Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 PM

975 posts, read 1,317,569 times

Advertisements

Congratulation to CSU-P. Barring a major upset, they've got the RMAC sewn up.

Though I still think they are going to get their clocks properly cleaned in the postseason when they run up against one of the other DII conference champions. The RMAC is too weak football-wise to properly judge the real strength of the conference teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 07:36 PM

289 posts, read 772,460 times
Outside of Pueblo, no one cares about the T-Wolves. If they make the playoffs, good for them. But having a division II (second rate) program do well won't improve the image of the city, which is what some members of this site like to think.

I watched the game that was nationally televised last week. The stadium was only half full and the crowd seemed lifeless. With that kind of support, the program won't survive for very long. The DeRose's money can only go so far...

Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,367,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Congratulation to CSU-P. Barring a major upset, they've got the RMAC sewn up.

Though I still think they are going to get their clocks properly cleaned in the postseason when they run up against one of the other DII conference champions. The RMAC is too weak football-wise to properly judge the real strength of the conference teams.
I think you will be surprised especially if they get home field advantage.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
Outside of Pueblo, no one cares about the T-Wolves. If they make the playoffs, good for them. But having a division II (second rate) program do well won't improve the image of the city, which is what some members of this site like to think.

I watched the game that was nationally televised last week. The stadium was only half full and the crowd seemed lifeless. With that kind of support, the program won't survive for very long. The DeRose's money can only go so far...
FYI. The thunderbowl holds a little over 12,000 people. At the nationally televised game there was officially a little over 9,400 people there. Not a sale out but not bad for a 4th year team in division 2.

Last edited by Josseppie; 10-15-2011 at 10:20 PM..

Old 10-16-2011, 11:27 AM

18,151 posts, read 25,689,321 times
Well this football fan is certainly giving credit where credit is due for CSU-Pueblo's success this season, because right now our other football clubs around the state are, um, not setting the world on fire. CU in time might get straightened out with John Embree Jr. (his dad was a former Denver Bronco in 1969-70), but for now I think the one win is all we're gonna see here for this year, and that was against CSU. CSU? Though they are 1-1 in conference play, Boise State showed why they're 5th in the AP poll, no further comment is needed. That game was just ugly. UNC up in Greeley is winless, and the Broncos? Well....

Regarding attendance, I go to three to four Mesa State home games. Sadly, they don't come close to selling out either, one of the reasons being we're just not getting the kids we need. Western State and Ft. Lewis has not been a factor in the RMAC in some time.

A quick point worth stating here: Nebraska-Kearney came in with a #4 Div. II ranking. And CSU-Pueblo coming in at #11.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-16-2011 at 05:13 PM..

Old 10-16-2011, 12:20 PM

17,899 posts, read 27,290,637 times
Let's talk about Fort Lewis for a second... they are 2-5 and 1-4 in conference.

Fort Lewis lost 13-58 to Western Arizona.

Fort Lewis lost 17-26 to Western New Mexico.

Fort Lewis lost 0-47 to CSU-Pueblo.

Fort Lewis lost 3-22 to Mesa in their own homecoming.

Fort Lewis will probably lost to Adams State, Chadron State, Nebraska Kearney, and New Mexico Highlands.

And guess what? I could care less about Fort Lewis College or their football program. But since Durango Bound brought it up, I just thought I'd throw that in there.

Go Pack!

Oh, and thanks for the support HH. It's nice to have a football team to root for that actually wins, huh?

Old 10-16-2011, 03:43 PM

18,151 posts, read 25,689,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
thanks for the support HH. It's nice to have a football team to root for that actually wins, huh?

It is that! I didn't mean to slight Air Force, who now are 3-3, and have winnable games against New Mexico, CSU, and Wyoming. They do play Boise state this Saturday though.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:48 PM

Talking CSU P ranked 8th

The new division 2 poll is out and CSU Pueblo has moved up 3 spots to be the 8th ranked team in the country! I think this is the first time CSU Pueblo is ranked in the top 10.

Congrats Pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the poll:

The link: Delta State New No. 1 in Division II Coaches' Poll

Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 PM

I thought this video from youtube was interesting about last weeks game. It talks about how Pueblo's defense beat Kearney's offense.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:12 PM

I read where CSU Pueblo is the only undefeated team in their super region and one of only 7 undefeated teams in division 2. If they can win the last 4 games they should have home field advantage in the playoffs.

This is from KKTV:

CSU-Pueblo is currently one of just seven undefeated teams in all of NCAA Division II, and is currently the only undefeated team in Super Region 3 (which comprises the RMAC, the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, and the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference).

The link: Pack moves into the top ten
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football