Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:12 AM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times

Advertisements

The state's top college coaches sat side by side and answered questions about their teams in late June. Wristen was a guest at this same event a year ago "It's nice to be included, to be thought of in the same category as CSU, CU and Air Force,"

The link: The Pueblo Chieftain :: State's top coaches look forward to football

I remember when it was the University of Southern Colorado and was a state joke. Its nice that it is now considered one of the top football programs in the state and is just more proof as to why I am exited about the universities future.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 01:21 PM

Talking Sudden im-PACK-t

More good news about CSU Pueblo in todays Pueblo Chieftain and why I am so exicted about it's future.

"A decision two years ago to bring back three sports has made quite an impact on the Colorado State University-Pueblo athletics department. So much so that excitement and enthusiasm on and off campus has reached its highest level in more than 20 years."

The link: CO Front Range: Boulder, Cheyenne, Colo Springs, Ft Collins, Pueblo (not Denver) - Page 244 - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 AM

Talking Pueblo Is Broncos country

The Denver Broncos were in Pueblo today and I was there so I thought I would post some of my pictures. This the Thunderbowl at CSU Pueblo.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:39 PM

Default CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves

I was at CSU Pueblo's home opener last night. It was a fun game and CSU P defeated Northwestern Oklahoma State University with a score of 55 to 13 and is now 2 and 0!

Old 09-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo 4-0

Colorado State University Pueblo beat Fort Lewis 49 to 14 to go 4 and 0!

This was the news before the game:

After three consecutive wins, CSU-Pueblo is gaining in national attention, with 11 votes in the national poll. It remains the only undefeated team in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference . . . The ThunderWolves are one of the nation's top teams in turnover ratio and are a plus-5 through three games . . .

The link: T-Wolves reach for the Skyhawks - The Pueblo Chieftain: Local

Now that CSU Pueblo is 4 and 0 I suspect they will get even more votes in the national poll.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Talking CSU Pueblo beats Chadron in triple overtime!

It was one hell of a game!

I have to say when it first started I thought it was going to be a long day as Pueblo made a key mistake at our 5 yard line to give them a touch down and a lead of 10 to 0. But I have to give credit to Pueblo as they did not give up but kep fighting and ended up winning in triple overtime.

Pueblo won in a amazing ending in triple overtime. Pueblo held Chadron from 3rd and 4th down with only inches to score 6 to get the ball and win from a field goal. Hollywood could not have written it better. Thus, I have to say this was one of the best football games I have been to in Colorado, and I say this as die hard Bronco fan.

More importantly Pueblo stays undefeated with a record of 5 and 0. This should help Pueblo get more attention from the national polls but I don't think they will break the top 25 yet. They need to beat the University of Nebraska at Kearney for that but after today I think they have a real shot, especially since it is at home. I, of course, will be there. If this is how Pueblo is playing after just 3 years then wait another 5 and watch out division 2 as Pueblo is here!

Here are some of my pictures from today's homecoming game against Chadron State.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,147,178 times
Nice pix, nice weather, all in all, a good day!

Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 PM

Talking Pack breaks into Division II Top 25 for first time

This is great news for CSU Pueblo. You guys have no idea as to how happy I am tonight that a university in Pueblo is in the top 25 for football.

WACO, Tex. (GoThunderWolves.com - Oct. 4, 2010) - The CSU-Pueblo football team received its first NCAA Division II Top 25 ranking in school history, weighing in at No. 25 in the nation in the latest American Football Coaches' Association Top 25, released Monday.

The ThunderWolves vaulted into the Top 25 by virtue of their 33-30 triple-overtime win over perennial national playoff contender, Chadron State.

The link: CSU PUEBLO:Pack breaks into Division II Top 25 for first time

Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 PM

I looked up the stats for the largest stadiums for Division 2. If you count the grass seats and general admission the Thunderbowl holds over 12,000 people making it the 9th largest stadium in division 2. On top of that I think it looks much better then the largest stadiums in division 2. No wonder why people say that the Thunderbowl is a division 1 quality stadium.

Plus look at all the room they have to expand before they have to add a second tier. I am no engineer but I bet they could easily add on so the capacity is 20,000 to 25,000 people without adding a second tier. As the school gets to 10,000 students I would imagine that is what they will do. Just think how intimidating it will be for opponents to come into a bowl stadium that has a capacity crowd of thousands of people screaming? This is the future of CSU Pueblo and one reason I think they will be a powerhouse in division 2 in the near future.

Here is the list:

1. Charleston (University of Charleston Stadium) Capacity: 22,500

2. West Texas A&M (Kimbrough Memorial Stadium) Capacity: 20,000

3. Angelo State (San Angelo Stadium) Capacity: 17,500

4. Abilene Christian (Shotwell Stadium) Capacity: 15,000

5. Texas A&M-Kingsville (Javelina Stadium) Capacity: 15,000

6. Midwestern State (Memorial Stadium) Capacity: 14,362

7. Virginia State (Rogers Stadium) Capacity: 13,000

8. North Alabama (Braly Municipal Stadium) Capacity: 13,000

9. CSU Pueblo (Thunderbowl) Capacity: over 12,000

10. Northeastern State (Doc Wadley Stadium) Capacity: 12,000

11. Valdosta State (Bazemore-Hyder Stadium) Capacity: 11,500

My source: Whats the largest division 2 stadium? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 12-27-2010, 04:53 PM

Some more good news for the football team at CSU Pueblo. Examples like this is why I think that in the next few years CSU Pueblo will be a division 2 power house as they have done this much in only 3 years. Also, this got me thinking and perhaps CSU Pueblo should become a division 1 university as right now all the state universities that are division 1 are around Denver so CSU Pueblo would be the only university outside of the Denver area to be a division 1 school and that is good for Colorado. Plus it would help secure Pueblo's role as the "alpha city" for southern Colorado.

This is from the Fort Morgan Times:

Colorado State-Pueblo University has placed 10 ThunderWolves on the National Football Foundation All-Colorado team, the second-most entrants onto the squad, as the NFFCC teams were released Thursday.

The link: Mustang alum captures all-Colorado - Fort Morgan Times

Last edited by Josseppie; 12-27-2010 at 06:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football