Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post

No personal attacks. No going off topic and hi-jacking the thread. Also when it comes to reporting a story, providing a link to it works best . This is the only thread that goes here. There are other threads going in P/OC, True Crime, and the Pennsylvania forum (there might be others out there). But for college football, and particularly the Paterno/Penn State situation, this will be the one thread.
Just a reminder to people who don't ordinarily post on the football forums. Thank you.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:51 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
of course he sold his house-he's probably going to be sued...and he wants to leave his wife with something...
Dnvr: Exactly, he's dumb like a fox!. This gets more and more crazy!

Quote:
Sadly, this is true...."Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law."
I'd hate to be this scumball lawyer defending such a monster. Even the worst of the worst of criminals can't stand a pedophile! They will eat him alive in prison.

[/quote]
I just read that the State Borough's police chief said he didn't report it to his police dept.

Police say no record of McQueary report found - Yahoo! News

Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
A question:

When we talk about "the police" in this case. Was all this reported to Campus Police or another agency? Anyone know?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:10 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
He wasn't under oath when he sent that email. He was during his grand jury testimony.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
and apparently both the campus PSU police and the State College local town (borough) police are denying that McQueary contacted them about the Sandusky shower incident--both depts state there is no record of such a report...
and remember that PSU campus police are really under no legal authority to turn that info over--PSU records are sealed from public information laws under the current PA "open records" legislation--
something the then-PSU president (now resigned) lobbied very hard for...

So the campus police are obviously trying to CYA to head off any criticism of their behavior in a coverup
That denial also squarly places the ball of responsibility in Schultz's lap--since he was the admin head of campus police in 2002...
seems that He then NEVER created an investigation of Sandusky after McQueary's report to him and Curley of the shower rape/fondling/horsing-around incident...choose your version...

What McQueary's email probably means is that he has perjured himself in the court of public opinion--because two police agencies are calling him a liar basically....
if you read the text of that email--McQueary apparently sent it to someone he did not know well (he says it) and says he is NOT supposed to be in contact with anyone about his testimony or what he saw--yet he does...and then he asks this person NOT to reveal what he says...

what part of that sounds like it comes from a responsible adult...
none--to me...

The fact that he would send such a stupid, self-serving, self-pitying email just reduces the value I would place on his eye-witness testimony --because 1 of them is a lie...
unless you think two police depts are lying about his failure to report...
or he went to the STATE police--which has declined to say one way or the other because of the ongoing investigation

I guess it is possible that he went to campus cops and Schultz squashed that report--but look at McQueary's behavior in the years after he saw Sandusky and told Schultz and Curley--
he did not ask anyone in a position to do anything about it why Sandusky was walking around instead of being on trial for rape
he did not stop participating in Sandusky's charity events

you can bet that Sandusky's defense attorney will use that email against McQueary at trial ...

Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A question:

When we talk about "the police" in this case. Was all this reported to Campus Police or another agency? Anyone know?
Supposedly the campus police, but they denied any reports from McQueary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
He wasn't under oath when he sent that email. He was during his grand jury testimony.
Exactly...He is lying through his teeth in that email.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Campus Police= University janitors. They clean up and hide messes. I have had my own experience with them, in a similar situation, I felt like my child had been abused at the University day care center. I spoke with the director of the facility, who had been gone the day in question, along with her assistant. The next thing I knew, I was interrogated by university police, and accused of abusing my own child, and covering it up by blaming the day care. If I was going to do that why did I go to the child care center with questions? Why was that the only day they had substitute staff working, and no supervisors?

It was obvious no one cared about a child abuser working at the child care center. The "goal" was to blame me...well, I never took my child there again. And they continued to let a predator work there....

Old 11-17-2011, 12:48 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
I am a Penn State fan, and honestly, if I had any say, I'd quarantine the football program in 2012 and purge it.

Everybody who worked for the football program, either directly or indirectly, would be permanently dissociated from it. Joe Paterno's already gone, and everybody else down to the janitors needs to go too. Anybody who has even a remote chance of knowing about anything that happened must be terminated and never hired back. I know it sucks if you work for the football program and you seriously know nothing, but we're talking about a total purge here. Sorry.

As for the boosters, they're not needed. New boosters can be found. As for the rioters, expel every one of them. There's plenty of film. Anybody who can be identified on film must be expelled for their actions, and if they're ever found on the university campus again, they must be arrested for criminal trespass. No exceptions, and no tolerance. They are not welcome at Penn State anymore.

Beaver Stadium should be dark and vacant every day during calendar year 2012. All games should be forfeited, and an 0-12 record entered into the record books. Current players should be encouraged to transfer, or enter the NFL draft if they're eligible. During 2012, recruit new players from high schools and local community colleges to put together a brand-new team to take the field in 2013 without any of the baggage of their predecessors.

I would also like the state of Pennsylvania to draft legislation to become the first state in the U.S. to impose a mandatory death penalty on anybody convicted of multiple accounts of child sexual abuse. (Those convicted of one count can relax in prison for the rest of their lives.) As for those who fail to report such incidents to the authorities, a mandatory 25 years in prison sounds about right. The entire country is giving a collective pair of middle fingers to Pennsylvania right now, so the only appropriate response is to make all child rapists feel as unwelcome in the state as possible. If it means certain death upon conviction, then so be it.

Lastly...hire Urban Meyer to be the new head coach in 2013, and let the rebuilding process begin.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:22 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Campus Police= University janitors. They clean up and hide messes. I have had my own experience with them, in a similar situation, I felt like my child had been abused at the University day care center. I spoke with the director of the facility, who had been gone the day in question, along with her assistant. The next thing I knew, I was interrogated by university police, and accused of abusing my own child, and covering it up by blaming the day care. If I was going to do that why did I go to the child care center with questions? Why was that the only day they had substitute staff working, and no supervisors?

It was obvious no one cared about a child abuser working at the child care center. The "goal" was to blame me...well, I never took my child there again. And they continued to let a predator work there....
I totally agree! I don't even think Campus Police at any college are even armed. They aren't at the local colleges near me that I can ever remember.

Wow, what an ordeal to go through Jasper! I would be beside myself! Sounds like they passed the buck! Didn't they have surveillance cameras in the daycare to see what was happening? Very unfortunate for you!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Lastly...hire Urban Meyer to be the new head coach in 2013, and let the rebuilding process begin.
Who is Urban Meyer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

WOW....what a story. Sorry you and your child had to endure that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football