Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Notre Dame leapfrog Oregon in the BCS rankings this week?
Yes 7 63.64%
No 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 09:44 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,602,406 times

Advertisements

Oregon's been an offensive and statistical juggernaut, but against what so far has been a creampuff schedule. Notre Dame just stomped on a more legit team than the Ducks have played all year, but they haven't looked as consistently dominant. Come tomorrow night, will the Irish leapfrog the Ducks in the BCS standings?

Old 10-27-2012, 09:47 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Oregon's been an offensive and statistical juggernaut, but against what so far has been a creampuff schedule. Notre Dame just stomped on a more legit team than the Ducks have played all year, but they haven't looked as consistently dominant. Come tomorrow night, will the Irish leapfrog the Ducks in the BCS standings?
Shoot we stomped a better team than Oregon will play all year. The only things they might be able to point to by years end are victories over Oregon St., USC, and Stanford, but we've beaten Stanford, Oklahoma, and to get to the NC we would have to beat USC. I'm not sure we'll jump them just because they dropped 70 but the computers might have us ranked #1 and that might be enough.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:05 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,851 times
As of right now... I will give the edge to ND. We will just have to see what ends up happening. ND was impressive.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,849 times
They should.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:52 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,455 times
This is how crazy and utterly ridiculous the formula to determine the BCS is- the Sagarin computer rankings are out and it has both Bama and Oregon behind 2 loss OU. Yeah, that makes sense. Corrupt bs.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:59 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
This is how crazy and utterly ridiculous the formula to determine the BCS is- the Sagarin computer rankings are out and it has both Bama and Oregon behind 2 loss OU. Yeah, that makes sense. Corrupt bs.
Lol... Yea that's stupid.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:58 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,800,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
The Ducks are putting up EA numbers and taking opponents out of the contest so fast it's like a video game.

I wonder what it'll be like when they play USC, reeling from their unlikely upset to AZ.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,800,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
As of right now... I will give the edge to ND. We will just have to see what ends up happening. ND was impressive.
I know and where the heck did they come from? Based on what they've done the past few seasons, I'd have figured they would be a three or four win team at this point in the year.

Right now I think Oregon and ND are the two best teams in college football. KSU will fall to somebody and Bama has to play LSU at LSU and the SEC East winner. So their loss-less season is still in doubt.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:16 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,139 times
Of course not. After comparing different games its an easy no. You can take the Notre Dame BYU game as well as Stanford and run with those and analyze it. If I must. Explain I will later.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:32 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,332,501 times
I think that in terms of what the teams have actually accomplished so far, yes, Notre Dame has technically accomplished more. That's not the fault of Oregon, that's just the unfortunate reality of playing mostly in-conference competition at a time when the conference is weaker than it typically is. Notre Dame has taken on challengers from different conferences - they've always had a difficult schedule because of their lack of affiliation to a conference. In the past it has worked against ND (more chances of losing), but it could work in their favor now that they're back, and it could leave Oregon out in the cold. Personally, I think nobody wants Oregon right now, but the BCS is weird and it has a history of screwing deserving teams out of a chance to win a title.

I'll tell you one thing: if Oregon can establish itself early, they will not take out their starters. USC may be game, but if they're not, this score could get really, really ugly -- like 77 points kinda ugly. USC has not demonstrated that it can slow teams down, so if they gave up 39 to Arizona...I can only wonder how many points Oregon might hang on them. They might put up 42 by halftime. But as I said, those starters won't come out. They will make an example of USC, if it all possible. As bad as last weekend was, this could be the most humiliating defeat in the history of the USC program.

If this game were a mathematical equation, it would be like this:

Stunning defeat by USC last year
+
No respect in BCS polls this year

= Lopsided victory for Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football