Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2011, 11:29 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
What say you?

Assuming LSU wins, I completely agree that LSU should not be forced to play Alabama. Who wants to watch an all-SEC title game? Lame-o.

LSU vs. Houston!

LSU vs. Oklahoma St.

LSU vs. Boise St.

LSU vs. Stanford.

LSU vs. Oregon (maybe)

Just please, not Alabama again.
SEC FANS lol, now people above the Mason Dixie line may think otherwise! But we're going to rep our teams, our conference to the fullest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 11:40 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
I think it will be Bama... but as a fan of the SEC i am completely ok with OK State playing LSU. But Bama deserves it more.

Like the TE Smelley for Bama said... if Bama had lost to the 6-6 Vandy team they would not even be in the picture. So why is Oklahoma State? Iowa State is the Big12 version of Vandy!

I think Stanford deserves it more than Oklahoma State... atleast they lost to a top 10 team!

Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,731 times
Stanford didn't beat anyone outside of the lower regions of the top 25...OSU beat much better teams.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
Stanford didn't beat anyone outside of the lower regions of the top 25...OSU beat much better teams.
All of OK State's wins against 5 so called ranked teams are in the Big12.

Let's face it Texas should not be ranked... and they wont be after losing to Baylor...

Oklahoma is vastly overrated... if not preseason #1 then they wouldnt be ranked either!

Kansas State is vastly overrated... almost lost to Iowa State at home!

The only 2 good teams in the Big 12 are OK State and Baylor... and Baylor is not a top 10 team. Maybe top 20. The Big 12 as a whole does not have an impressive out of conference win... the best is against Florida State! All their ranked opponents are EACH OTHER!!!

The Big 12 is overrated... I HOPE they get some SEC or even some Big 10 teams to play in bowl games. Cause that flag football that the Big 12 plays will not work against teams that actually play defense.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:02 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,731 times
Pretty funny to see an SEC guy complaining about teams not playing anyone outside their own conference! LSU of course has, but Alabama's only big non conference win is a now #23 ranked Penn State.

Still, Alabama has a good argument against Oklahoma State. But none of the others really do. Boise State would have a better case than Stanford, who only beat Washington and Notre Dame.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Pretty funny to see an SEC guy complaining about teams not playing anyone outside their own conference! LSU of course has, but Alabama's only big non conference win is a now #23 ranked Penn State.
stop believing the hype the computers tell you...

The SEC plays the BEST out of conference opponents than any of the other BCS conferences... And by best i mean ranked opponents, teams with winning records, and bowl eligible teams!

Oregon (Top 10 & PAC 10 Champ)
Clemson (Ranked & ACC Champ)
West Virginia (Ranked & Big East Champ)
Boise State (Top 10)
Penn State (Ranked)
Florida State (Ranked)
Cincinnati (Big East Champ)
Louisville (Big East Champ)
Georgia Tech (Winning Record & Bowl Eligible)
Utah State (Winnnig Record & Bowl Eligible)
LA Tech (Winning Record & Bowl Eligible)
BYU (Winning Record & Bowl Eligible)
Texas A&M (Bowl Eligible)
Wake Forest (Bowl Eligible)
TAMU (Bowl Eligible)
WKU (Bowl Eligible)

Name another conference with this resume for Out of conference opponents?

***crickets***

Old 12-04-2011, 07:40 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
'Bama has only beat 3 FBS teams with winning records. Color me unimpressed.

You can say the Big12 is overrated all you want but IIRC they went 27-3 OOC. (Best record of any conference).

Old 12-04-2011, 07:52 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
'Bama has only beat 3 FBS teams with winning records. Color me unimpressed.

You can say the Big12 is overrated all you want but IIRC they went 27-3 OOC. (Best record of any conference).
This is the correct view.

OSU's loss to ISU was a fluke under trying circumstances.

This situation is precisely why D1 needs a playoff just like the lower divisions.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
When a so called 'second best team in the country' loses to an unranked Iowa State they don't deserve to get in, plain and simple in my opinion.
I get that, but on the other hand, when it roars back from that loss and buries a very talented OU fan in a grudge match game, that should go at least part of the way in making up for that loss.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:

Still, Alabama has a good argument against Oklahoma State. But none of the others really do. Boise State would have a better case than Stanford, who only beat Washington and Notre Dame.
Oklahoma State has a much better resume than Bama, but Bama is better. Overall, it's Ok St's turn at LSU. I'm scared of playing Bama again, but they had their chance to prove themselves against the #1 team. I've never seen a respected loss mean more than a respected win.

Stanford beat USC, not ranked but they upset a lot of teams and have a winning season with only 2 losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football