Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2011, 11:20 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,824,213 times

Advertisements

i'm not sure i get this whole "super conference" thing.

If I got this straight, it seems to me like you'd have four really major conferences, each made up of 16 teams.

If there are 16 teams, you're bound to have two divisions in each conference of 8 teams each.

And that's where the problems comes up:

you'd be playing 7 teams in your own division, with probably only 3 against the other division (that's less than half its members). Under the circumstances, wouldn't you be better off of 8 leagues, 8 teams each (knowing that some expansion could bring eight to 10 and eventually 12)?

Under the superconference system, with two large divisions, you run the risk of the weaker of the two having a much weaker team going into a championship game.

Why have divisions when you can merely split that 16 in half to get 8, with its round robin, and play 4 out of conference games?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football