Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I like the idea of having #2 and #3 play for a chance to play #1... keeps it simple and there's only one more game across the board.

It would be just as easy to have 1 play 4 and 2 play 3. That would only be one more game as well.

This week would be Stanford @ LSU and oSu @ 'Bama. How ****ing awesome would that be?

Plus one is the next step we'll see. Big12 thinks they got screwed this year so now they are on board.

If only the BIG would have a team that's good enough to get screwed then we might get somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
It would be just as easy to have 1 play 4 and 2 play 3. That would only be one more game as well.

This week would be Stanford @ LSU and oSu @ 'Bama. How ****ing awesome would that be?

Plus one is the next step we'll see. Big12 thinks they got screwed this year so now they are on board.

If only the BIG would have a team that's good enough to get screwed then we might get somewhere.

If we can't have a full blown 8 or 16 team playoff then I don't wanna see a plus one... I wanna see #2 & #3 play their way in. That way the #1 team gets rewarded for finishing #1... and it's only one more game.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
If we can't have a full blown 8 or 16 team playoff then I don't wanna see a plus one... I wanna see #2 & #3 play their way in. That way the #1 team gets rewarded for finishing #1... and it's only one more game.
meh. Doesn't make much sense to me. You are talking about a plus one, just before the "MNC" instead of after. I'd rather have the plus one after the fact, not before.

4 team playoff makes alot more sense to me. It can grow from there. Your scenario doesn't give much of a segue to an eventual playoff.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
meh. Doesn't make much sense to me. You are talking about a plus one, just before the "MNC" instead of after. I'd rather have the plus one after the fact, not before.

4 team playoff makes alot more sense to me. It can grow from there. Your scenario doesn't give much of a segue to an eventual playoff.
Duh, because that's what I said... It's a playoff or really leave it alone to me. Just a play in game at most.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Duh, because that's what I said... It's a playoff or really leave it alone to me. Just a play in game at most.
Really? duh? No matter what I say in numerous threads you always come back with some of that stupid ****.

You are really a difficult person (*******) to converse with on this board. Do you even have a fav team or are you just a SEC cheerleader?

So it's a playoff or leave it alone? You are against the current 2 team playoff and are against a 4 team playoff as well. But you are for a plus one between #2 and #3 or a 8/16 team playoff. Got it. I wrong. You right.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 12-06-2011 at 08:34 PM..

Old 12-06-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Really? duh? No matter what I say in numerous threads you always come back with some of that stupid ****.

You are really a difficult person (*******) to converse with on this board. Do you even have a fav team or are you just a SEC cheerleader?

You're funny... It's ok for you to say "meh" to my comment first and tell me i dont make sense to you but I can't say "duh" to yours... grow up *rolls eyes*

Quote:
meh. Doesn't make much sense to me. You are talking about a plus one, just before the "MNC" instead of after,
And if you go back through the thread you will see that I never quoted you or addressed you UNTIL you quoted me... You the one trolling my comments...

Last edited by Mr. GE; 12-06-2011 at 09:37 PM..

Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
C'mon gentlemen! I'd rather not do any deleting tonight, let's wrap it up here, ok?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:41 AM

601 posts, read 1,075,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Only the ACC supported it. Pretty amusing the Big 12 didn't support and now they yell and scream.

I wish LSU had the chance to beat OSU by 30.
You're right man, now everybody yapping playoffs! I'm a Gator fan too, GO GATORS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football