Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 01:41 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
gamecocks play ECU, UAB, Wofford, Clemson. Not exactly the toughest OOC slate.
Maybe, but can you blame ECU, UAB and Wofford for knowing where to go for a nice payday and probable beatdown?

I don't. Times are tough. Allegedly.

You don't sign a deal with New Mexico State (you know, the school that asks boosters to give snacks to the players to help out) if you need a quick $700K (more or less) to pay the bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
2012 Bama Football Schedule

Sept.
Michigan @ Dallas
Western Kentucky
@Arkansas
Florida Atlantic
Mississippi

Oct
@Missouri
@Tennessee
Mississippi State

Nov.
@LSU
Texas A&M
Western Carolina
Auburn

Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,031,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
That's not their correct SEC schedule. Their schedule looks like a typical SEC schedule, even tougher than most IMO.

TEXAS A&M
Sept. 8: FLORIDA
Sept. 29: vs. Arkansas
Oct. 6: at Ole Miss
Oct. 20: LSU
Oct. 27: at Auburn
Nov. 3: at Mississippi State
Nov. 10: at Alabama
Nov. 24: MISSOURI
The Aggies are going to feel the pain next season. They'll probably beat Ole Miss and maybe Mizzou if they're lucky....lol.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:07 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
The Aggies are going to feel the pain next season. They'll probably beat Ole Miss and maybe Mizzou if they're lucky....lol.
Yeah, they'll probably have the same record as this year. LOL.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:13 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Maybe, but can you blame ECU, UAB and Wofford for knowing where to go for a nice payday and probable beatdown?

I don't. Times are tough. Allegedly.

You don't sign a deal with New Mexico State (you know, the school that asks boosters to give snacks to the players to help out) if you need a quick $700K (more or less) to pay the bills.
Nah, I can't blame them.

Nor can I blame Carolina for scheduling them, considering we play Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas and Clemson every single year, with Bama/LSU/Auburn thrown in occasionally for good measure.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:35 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
I'm going to pick the Gamecocks to go all the way next season. That team is steadily improving.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:45 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
It might be painful. But I think it is also possible that they beat Florida (not very good), Auburn, and Miss St. The problem with Florida is that although it is in College Station it will be just the second game with the new coaching staff.

Auburn isn't special right now either.

I don't intend to sound too optimistic. The season could be ugly. But I think there is plenty of talent - can the new coaches take advantage of it?

Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Texas A&M got it Easy
Sept 1 Wellsley COllege
Sept 8 Missouri School for the Blind
Sept 15 Southeastern Wyoming
Sept22 At Miss St
Sept 29 Arkansas
Oct 6 Sul Ross State
Oct 13 at Vanderbilt
Oct 20 LSU
Oct 27 Ole Miss
Nov 10 at Tennessee
Nov 17 Bama

It was also announced that Betty White will be special teams coach as she is tougher than anyone they have had on staff for the past 30 years
They tried to get out of playing Bama and LSU , but New Mexico State and COlorado State were both unavailable....
LMAO, that's funny! But A&M and Ole Miss has the toughest schedules and Notre Dame schedule is brutal too!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
It might be painful. But I think it is also possible that they beat Florida (not very good), Auburn, and Miss St. The problem with Florida is that although it is in College Station it will be just the second game with the new coaching staff.

Auburn isn't special right now either.

I don't intend to sound too optimistic. The season could be ugly. But I think there is plenty of talent - can the new coaches take advantage of it?
Gator fan here, first off I'm very excited to have A&M and Mizzou, joining the family! I checked A&M record, a lot of games came close to winning that's the same thing happened to Vandy! The SEC is stacked top to bottom, I'm not going to predict any records but PLEASE do not over look Ole Miss, Miss State, Vandy, Kentucky, and Tenn! You'll see what I mean! I'll give you a some examples, back in '08 #9 Auburn vs unranked Mississippi State, and the final score was (3-2) with Auburn winning! Also last season when they played the score was 17-14 ! And Ole Miss upset the Gators in Swamp, in '08, 31-30!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 AM

909 posts, read 1,062,860 times
Tennessee plays Akron who was 1-11 and Georgia State who just started with football.

I wish this was a spoof like that other schedule somebody posted, but unfortunately it is not.

If they have yet another losing season with THAT out-of-conference cupcake laden schedule, Dooley will get run out of knoxville, orange pants and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football