Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 04:31 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

The SEC West teams alone have won 9 of the past 15 National Championships and 3 of the last 4 titles included. Scheduling cream puffs is a necessity when you have that brutal SEC schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 12:08 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have never understood the whole weird debating over level of cream puff.

Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan pad their stats by playing Miami of Ohio, Akron, Central Michigan or Kent State

but yall get mad because Georgia plays Murry State ? or Alabama plays Western Carolina?????
The first group is a division above the second group. The teams that you named as playing Big Ten teams are in the Mid American Conference, a Group of Five league. Western Carolina and Murray State are FCS teams, and not even good ones. Big difference. They take the game for the paycheck, and the school gets an out-of-conference opponent who won't require a return game. I am a Florida alumnus, and it drives me nuts that the Gators keep scheduling FCS opponents.

Old 03-08-2021, 04:21 PM

1,982 posts, read 972,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
The first group is a division above the second group. The teams that you named as playing Big Ten teams are in the Mid American Conference, a Group of Five league. Western Carolina and Murray State are FCS teams, and not even good ones. Big difference. They take the game for the paycheck, and the school gets an out-of-conference opponent who won't require a return game. I am a Florida alumnus, and it drives me nuts that the Gators keep scheduling FCS opponents.
While you're at it, tell the Gators to leave the state of Florida for a non-conference game. Not a neutral site game, a true road game. Do you know when the last time they played a true road non-conference game outside the state?

Last edited by sluggermatt15; 03-08-2021 at 04:29 PM..

Old 03-14-2021, 04:25 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
There is no big difference

Ohio State 76 - Miami of Ohio 5
Penn State 79 - Idaho 7
Wisconsin 61 - Central Michigan 0

You purposefully left off my last line because it destroys the attempted point you have

Quote:
winning by 30 or winning by 40, its still a win you knew you would have. its just a bad argument
you are arguing for brownie points and pretending they are actual accomplishments. As I said, its a win those teams knew they would get.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:38 AM

1,982 posts, read 972,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is no big difference

Ohio State 76 - Miami of Ohio 5
Penn State 79 - Idaho 7
Wisconsin 61 - Central Michigan 0

You purposefully left off my last line because it destroys the attempted point you have

you are arguing for brownie points and pretending they are actual accomplishments. As I said, its a win those teams knew they would get.
Idaho is an FCS school now. They were also FCS when they played Penn State in the game you reference in 2019.

Old 09-04-2021, 03:47 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Bringing this thread up to date.

Bama up on Miami 27-3 w/ 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

ADD------Jameson Williams haulin' ass w/ 94 yard catch!! YEOW!!!!! Now 34-3!

Old 09-05-2021, 05:53 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
LSU lost, & MS State barely squeaked by a non-ranked team. AL is dominant, but besides AL, the rest of the SEC West failed to impress in week #1.

AL & Texas A&M are strong, but we'll have to see what the rest of the SEC West can bring.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:37 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
LSU lost, & MS State barely squeaked by a non-ranked team. AL is dominant, but besides AL, the rest of the SEC West failed to impress in week #1.

AL & Texas A&M are strong, but we'll have to see what the rest of the SEC West can bring.

Orgeron is a Cajun Gene Chizik. After a spectacular 2019 season with a fantastic quarterback, he's reverting to the mean.

Mississippi State is Mississippi State.

Alabama looked impressive, but Miami has been coasting on their brand name for a long, long time.

The team I'm most curious about is Auburn. Yeah, they were playing Akron, so I don't want to read too much into their drubbing. But they played without the usual opening game yips you always saw with Malzahn. I guess the game with Penn State in two weeks will tell us a great deal.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:29 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Orgeron is a Cajun Gene Chizik. After a spectacular 2019 season with a fantastic quarterback, he's reverting to the mean.

Mississippi State is Mississippi State.

Alabama looked impressive, but Miami has been coasting on their brand name for a long, long time.

The team I'm most curious about is Auburn. Yeah, they were playing Akron, so I don't want to read too much into their drubbing. But they played without the usual opening game yips you always saw with Malzahn. I guess the game with Penn State in two weeks will tell us a great deal.
I think the SEC East is closing in on the West, ever so slowly. KY upsetting FLA could be good or it coul be bad for the SEC EAst...dpends on how they do the rest ofthe way. The SEC East needs more than just UGA & FLA though to be favorably compared to the SEC West, who always has 3 teams deep, & sometimes 4.

I do see the gap narrowing a bit, if KY is for real, and the FLA win wasn't a lark.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:15 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Dominance of the SEC ... West!

So, Alabama, huh?

Oh boy, How about them Red Tides!?

Oh what, lost to A&M?

Ooops, nevermind.

How about that Big 10?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football