Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 09:24 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Using your crazy circular logic maybe

OSU is the Big 12 Champion, and now they are the Fiesta Bowl Champion...
A Fiesta bowl 'champion' that would get flattened by Alabama. I've watched two or three of the OSU games. They're impressive if you give them room to throw, but having watched two or three of the Alabama games, I am confident of one thing: OSU hasn't seen a line anywhere close to that of the Crimson Tide. That OSU QB would be running for his life.

Also, I was rather surprised that OSU's defense was as bad as it turned out to be against the run. Granted, some of that was out of respect for Andrew Luck, so the game would be a little different against the very average AJ McCarron, but if Trent Richardson runs 100+ yards a game in the SEC, he'd have a 150 yard game against OSU. Fact.

Quote:
Alabama didn't even win their division. How can you have a NATIONAL championship game between the SEC champion and a team that didn't even win their division? Not much of a "national championship". More like a regular season SEC game.
If you don't eat your meat, how can you have any pudding?! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!

When your conference is the five-time reigning national championship conference and the top two teams in that conference play to a draw, you get respect. Next time you have a chance to beat a weak Big Ten team, beat 'em. And then, take care of business against the SEC in the big game. Until then, here's a tissue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
A Fiesta bowl 'champion' that would get flattened by Alabama. I've watched two or three of the OSU games. They're impressive if you give them room to throw, but having watched two or three of the Alabama games, I am confident of one thing: OSU hasn't seen a line anywhere close to that of the Crimson Tide. That OSU QB would be running for his life.

Also, I was rather surprised that OSU's defense was as bad as it turned out to be against the run. Granted, some of that was out of respect for Andrew Luck, so the game would be a little different against the very average AJ McCarron, but if Trent Richardson runs 100+ yards a game in the SEC, he'd have a 150 yard game against OSU. Fact.
OU has a good defense too... how did OSU handle them?
How did OSU handle the Texas defense?

OSU vs. OU (44-10)
OSU vs. Texas (55-17)

Alabama wouldn't be able to put up more than 20 points on OSU. But OSU could certainly score more than 20 on 'Bama. (Even Georgia Southern~FCS did that!!)

OSU would beat Alabama, and they are the second best team in the nation (LSU being the first)

Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,757 times
Quote:
How did OSU handle the Texas defense?

OSU vs. OU (44-10)
OSU vs. Texas (55-17)

Alabama wouldn't be able to put up more than 20 points on OSU. But OSU could certainly score more than 20 on 'Bama. (Even Georgia Southern~FCS did that!!)

OSU would beat Alabama, and they are the second best team in the nation (LSU being the first)
OU and Texas defenses are average at best, not even close to being top 10. OSU has one of the worst defenses in the country, Bama would probably put over 35 on OSU.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
OU and Texas defenses are average at best, not even close to being top 10. OSU has one of the worst defenses in the country, Bama would probably put over 35 on OSU.
Maybe SEC offenses just suck compared to big 12 offenses. Ever think of that?

I don't buy into this whole "superior" SEC defense myth. I watched a few SEC games this year, and their underwhelming offenses made me LOL.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:23 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Alabama didn't even win their division. How can you have a NATIONAL championship game between the SEC champion and a team that didn't even win their division? Not much of a "national championship". More like a regular season SEC game.
How can you put a team that lost to an unranked team in the BCS game over a team that lost to the No. 1 team?

Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
How can you put a team that lost to an unranked team in the BCS game over a team that lost to the No. 1 team?
Why are you convinced LSU won't just curb stomp Alabama again?

Alabama lost at home. Do you think playing in LSU's backyard is going to make Alabama a better team?

At least OSU would have a chance of beating LSU.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Is this the same 'good' OSU defense that allowed 200 yards rushing to Iowa St. and 240 yards rushing to Stanford? Wonder what kinda day Trent Richardson would have...

Quote:
Alabama would wear the Cowboys out, and by the 4th quarter, OSU would get run over.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Why are you convinced LSU won't just curb stomp Alabama again?

Alabama lost at home. Do you think playing in LSU's backyard is going to make Alabama a better team?

At least OSU would have a chance of beating LSU.
"Curb stomp"? LOL! You obviously didn't watch the game. Alabama dominated the first half. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't score field goals.

OSU would have more offensive firepower. I think OSU would probably pose some early problems for LSU and maybe put the defense on its heels initially, but LSU would figure them out and take over.

Alabama's a slightly different team than LSU, but similar in a lot of ways. They have less speed on special teams and at the receivers, but they match up well with any team otherwise. Their corners are very underrated. But the one thing that Alabama would be able to do better than LSU is pressure the QB early, and OSU would not be able to run at all. They'd have to throw, and they'd be very predictable. Alabama has shown more than once that it can take away the pass. And it gets pretty ugly when they do. Ask Arkansas.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,757 times
[quote=cyclone8570;22410021]Maybe SEC offenses just suck compared to big 12 offenses. Ever think of that?

I don't buy into this whole "superior" SEC defense myth. I watched a few SEC games this year, and their underwhelming offenses made me LOL.[/QUOT

Or the Big 12 is a league of terrible defenses. No team in the Big 12 has a defense in the top 10 in total defense. The Big 12 champ is ranked 114th out of 120 in total defense.

SEC offenses dont "suck" just because we dont run HS offenses in this league. So I guess all the NFL offenses "suck" also.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
"Curb stomp"? LOL! You obviously didn't watch the game. Alabama dominated the first half. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't score field goals.

OSU would have more offensive firepower. I think OSU would probably pose some early problems for LSU and maybe put the defense on its heels initially, but LSU would figure them out and take over.

Alabama's a slightly different team than LSU, but similar in a lot of ways. They have less speed on special teams and at the receivers, but they match up well with any team otherwise. Their corners are very underrated. But the one thing that Alabama would be able to do better than LSU is pressure the QB early, and OSU would not be able to run at all. They'd have to throw, and they'd be very predictable. Alabama has shown more than once that it can take away the pass. And it gets pretty ugly when they do. Ask Arkansas.
I'm totally okay with LSU winning as long as someone from Bama promises to tattoo those arrogant LSU kickers.....that just goes against the grain. Kickers need to know their role = kick the ball and get off the field. No more smack-talk or showboating from the LSU kickers please. Leave that to the real athletes.

Almost as annoying as female sports reporters getting in the face and asking stupid questions of coaches before halftime and at the end of the game. Listening to them try to break down the game is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football