Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which team is your pick for the College Championship game?
Michigan 10 58.82%
Washington 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 06:34 AM

116 posts, read 34,950 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I understand that I really don’t have tons of time on here, but what are your predictions for the CFP?

Mine is Alabama vs Texas -Rematch.

Michigan has NEVER played in a National Championship Game before in Football and they never will.

As a widowed father, I took all 3 of my kids to The Game. Flew from Austin to Ann Arbor.

I just don’t see Michigan’s Offense being able to move the ball on Alabama’s Defense with the run game.

I also see Texas ripping through Washington’s Defense and Texas is strong in the trenches.

I am just tired of watching my Alma Mater come up short every season.

2002 and 2014 were the ONLY two times in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 06:42 AM

3,939 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Michigan vs. Alabama
Washington vs. Texas

Michigan vs. Washington - Michigan gets the Natty. Hate for this scenario where the Harbaugh brothers could win the National Championship and the Super Bowl in the same year. It's possible.

Old 12-13-2023, 06:54 AM

116 posts, read 34,950 times
Michigan has NEVER played in a National Championship Game before in Football and they never will.

Washington just doesn’t have the defense to contain Texas.

Michigan just isn’t built to play for a National Championship in Football.

Old 12-13-2023, 08:55 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Not really qualified to make a prediction, as the only one I've watched is Michigan

Shoot, I'm still hoping for a Bucks vs the Ducks rematch of 2014/2015..

ETA - I have watched snippets of Bama - but not much

Old 12-13-2023, 12:25 PM

812 posts, read 831,112 times
Who cares.... whole thing tainted now. Thank you ESPN/CFP/SEC.....not! The state of Florida is getting ready to sue the ESPN/CFP/SEC "machine"..... on behalf of FSU...... and you know what.... I don't blame them.... and you now what....I think they have a case. The entire process and results are tainted now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlo0bKhbKPA&t=17s

Old 12-13-2023, 01:24 PM

4,341 posts, read 2,227,253 times
Bama v Texas in the Finals for a rematch

Bama wins

(Personally, I would have put FSU in at #4)

Old 12-15-2023, 06:05 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
1 MICHIGAN vs LIBERTY

2 WASHINGTON vs FLORIDA STATE

Final MICHIGAN over Florida State

That is my prediction

Old 01-01-2024, 11:51 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
I ran multiple SIMS and it came out consistantly with Michigan OVER Liberty
And Washington 60% of the time over FLorida State

Then WASHINGTON over MICHIGAN

SO There u have it

Old 01-01-2024, 01:03 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
From what I understand, the FSU Cinnamon Rolls are going to get a special Jan. 2 bowl game.

They will be playing the powerhouse Oak Grove Middle School Wildcats.

Vegas has the Wildcats as a 10 point favorite.

Now, moving on to the 4-team playoff.

Alabama over Michigan. Harbaugh gets an unsportsmanlike penalty for stealing all of the restroom signs in the stadium.

Texas over Washington. Texas is going to have to bring it, because Washington is good. I expect this to be a very, very close game, but Texas pulls out the win.

Alabama over Texas. Again, crazy close. Both teams are really well-coached, but Alabama seems to be on a mission.

If I don't get any of these picks right, I will accept the position as offensive coordinator for FSU. It will be an honor to represent the high-scoring Cinnamon Rolls!

Old 01-01-2024, 01:12 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
Who cares.... whole thing tainted now. Thank you ESPN/CFP/SEC.....not! The state of Florida is getting ready to sue the ESPN/CFP/SEC "machine"..... on behalf of FSU...... and you know what.... I don't blame them.... and you now what....I think they have a case. The entire process and results are tainted now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlo0bKhbKPA&t=17s

I get that FSU fans are bitter.

But they don't have a case. They were not the same team after JT went down.

Close calls against two very mediocre teams, UF and Buoyville, and then that very close 63-3 lose to Georgia.

FSU has bigger problems than suing the CFP. They are trying to leave the ACC, but the SEC and Big10 aren't going to be impressed with the way they handled the last month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football