Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 12:51 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times

Advertisements

Yes, OU would fit in the SEC very well.....

A Timeline of Oklahoma Cheating

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 01:43 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

bitter man you... bitter man

lol

Old 06-22-2012, 06:03 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Ge View Post
bitter man you... Bitter man

lol
:d

Old 06-23-2012, 10:36 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Default Neinas was ahead of his time; he wanted a playoff long ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
What a difference wise leadership makes. Chuck Neinas held the Big 12 together and has even made some major strides in securing its future. Not bad for an "interim."

I hope Bowlsby is ready to live up to Neinas' legacy.

From Extinction to the Captain's Chair: A Timeline and a Game of Big 12 Jenga | Bleacher Report
Yet another reason why Chuck Neinas is the man!

College football: Chuck Neinas presented a playoff plan 23 years ago | NewsOK.com

Old 06-23-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

Can't argue with this!

But, as a noted on another thread, many of the Land Thieves ("Sooners") who became our forefathers were Texas outlaws that couldn't make it in Tejas and had to get away from the law! (A point Mr. Brian Combs left out of his synopsis.)

Old 06-23-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I know the ship sailed... and the new bowl game between the 2 conference I think is the white flag being waived by both sides unfortunately.

I think it makes more sense for OK and OK state to be in the SEC now vs the SEC getting VT and anyone else. Especially if ND goes to the Big 12.

And I am with you on OK not being second fiddle in tradition. I was speaking about influence & power more than anything. The conference goes by what Texas wants unfortunately. Given Oklahoma's tradition in ALL sports they should have more influence to me. And the talk of ND going to the Big12 seems like it would only make their voice even smaller. it's unfortunate...

And yes you are exactly right in how OK keeps their revenue up by placing an importance on having good winning programs. It's the same point I made about the SEC.

I wanna see what the playoff does to realignment. I think it will slow it down tremendously. but I still expect the conferences to go to 16 eventually. It just may be a few years longer now.

And as much as I hate Oklahoma. I'm on the get Oklahoma in the SEC bandwagon. Whatever that takes...
>>>>>
I wanna see what the playoff does to realignment. I think it will slow it down tremendously.
<<<<<

I think you're right.

In spite of what the media and blogosphere has been purporting (for example, FSU/Clemson waiting for postseason system/playoff to shakeout), I'm guessing prospective teams will sit and wait for a bit under the new format.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:04 PM

Default Good Insights from Tramel....

Big 12 football: Does expanded playoff mean expansion? | Berry Tramel's Blog

Old 06-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I wanna see what the playoff does to realignment. I think it will slow it down tremendously. but I still expect the conferences to go to 16 eventually. It just may be a few years longer now.
I'm not so sure I believe this anymore... I still think the realignment will slow down, obviously. But it may slow down so much it stops.

I just don't see the benefit of going to 16 now that a playoff has happened. The next chess move is to get the playoff to 8. Whenever it goes to 8 will be when the music stops and the expansion will officially be dead!

Realignment is on life support right now...

Old 06-28-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
I'm not so sure I believe this anymore... I still think the realignment will slow down, obviously. But it may slow down so much it stops.

I just don't see the benefit of going to 16 now that a playoff has happened. The next chess move is to get the playoff to 8. Whenever it goes to 8 will be when the music stops and the expansion will officially be dead!

Realignment is on life support right now...
Probably right.

The ACC football-centric teams such as FSU and Clemson will have to see if they can find a way to have a seat at the table.

Perhaps they'll evaluate the new playoff system for a few years and see how it affects their chances of getting into the top 4 teams from year-to-year. If the 4 team playoff overtly is oriented towards the Big 4 conferences (B1G/BigXII/PAC/SEC) then perhaps FSU/Clemson will grovel and try to gain entry into the BigXII....but right now it appears to be standing pat. You never know though. Could all change tomorrow.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Probably right.

The ACC football-centric teams such as FSU and Clemson will have to see if they can find a way to have a seat at the table.

Perhaps they'll evaluate the new playoff system for a few years and see how it affects their chances of getting into the top 4 teams from year-to-year. If the 4 team playoff overtly is oriented towards the Big 4 conferences (B1G/BigXII/PAC/SEC) then perhaps FSU/Clemson will grovel and try to gain entry into the BigXII....but right now it appears to be standing pat. You never know though. Could all change tomorrow.
Very true... Things could change tomorrow.

I would expect ND, VT, and Pitt to all possibly be aggressive in looking to move if the playoff favors the Big4.

My main hesitation is that the ACC has some up and coming powers who may be strong enough to keep the conference in as a player. If one of those teams wins a Natty early on... The ACC will be more solid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football