Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,680 times

Advertisements

When you don't play defense, you can't win. When an opposing qb each week looks like a Heisman candidate, you aren't good. The Big 12 doesn't know how to play defense yet Texas Tech showed up when they needed to. The cupcake fought back and won 49-14. Ouch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
When you don't play defense, you can't win. When an opposing qb each week looks like a Heisman candidate, you aren't good. The Big 12 doesn't know how to play defense yet Texas Tech showed up when they needed to. The cupcake fought back and won 49-14. Ouch!
Nice try but TT is anything but a cupcake. Big 12 is a real football conference where anything goes, unlike the ACC where 2-3 mediocre teams can consistently win it.

Ncopus if FSU lost to a good team like Florida I would give them respect, but the fact is you had only 1 tough game, and you lost to a cupcake. You had a free pass to the NC and blew it.

A team like TT would dominate the ACC, along with WVU, UT, KSU, and OKLA.

Dont worry the ACC is not overrated. Everybody expects your conference to suck year after year. However, people expected FSU to be able to carry the biggest cupcake conference, and you couldnt even do that.

At the end of the day WVU and Big 12 get respect. ACC gets NONE, and FSU only gets a smidgen more than the ACC.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:44 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
I'll solve it! With the exception of a handful of teams, the Big 12 and ACC play crappy defense.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Nice try but TT is anything but a cupcake. Big 12 is a real football conference where anything goes, unlike the ACC where 2-3 mediocre teams can consistently win it.

Ncopus if FSU lost to a good team like Florida I would give them respect, but the fact is you had only 1 tough game, and you lost to a cupcake. You had a free pass to the NC and blew it.

A team like TT would dominate the ACC, along with WVU, UT, KSU, and OKLA.

Dont worry the ACC is not overrated. Everybody expects your conference to suck year after year. However, people expected FSU to be able to carry the biggest cupcake conference, and you couldnt even do that.

At the end of the day WVU and Big 12 get respect. ACC gets NONE, and FSU only gets a smidgen more than the ACC.

Nice diversion but this thread is about how bad West Virginia is and how much a cupcake Texas Tech is.

Let's see Texas Tech so far this year...
Wins over 2 I-AA schools (Northwestern St and Texas St... oh yeah I think they got moved up) and the worst I-A school (New Mexico). The other win against the Big 12 whipping boy Iowa St. They were hammered by Oklahoma. Yes, cupcake at its finest.

Seth Doege has 150 yards more than any of the other teams he faced including all those AA schools. Funny that New Mexico posted just as many points against them as West Virginia did.

As for getting respect... on the east coast, we barely realize the Big 12 even exists. You guys lost and most announcers barely mentioned it. The Red River Rivalry use to make the 8pm game with the Game Day Crew there. This year they got slotted to a noon time slot (non-primetime) and the Game Day Crew showed up to Notre Dame/Stanford. That sure sounds like respect.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Nice diversion but this thread is about how bad West Virginia is and how much a cupcake Texas Tech is.

Let's see Texas Tech so far this year...
Wins over 2 I-AA schools (Northwestern St and Texas St... oh yeah I think they got moved up) and the worst I-A school (New Mexico). The other win against the Big 12 whipping boy Iowa St. They were hammered by Oklahoma. Yes, cupcake at its finest.

Seth Doege has 150 yards more than any of the other teams he faced including all those AA schools. Funny that New Mexico posted just as many points against them as West Virginia did.

As for getting respect... on the east coast, we barely realize the Big 12 even exists. You guys lost and most announcers barely mentioned it. The Red River Rivalry use to make the 8pm game with the Game Day Crew there. This year they got slotted to a noon time slot (non-primetime) and the Game Day Crew showed up to Notre Dame/Stanford. That sure sounds like respect.
Texas Tech had #1 defense in the country. Texas Tech is anything but a cupcake. Big 12 does have a very few cupcakes, Texas tech not among them, unlike the ACC which is ALL cupcakes.

In the East coast everyone knows the ACC sucks. West coast and Midwest too. They might not be the SEC, but they are the 2nd best football conference. ACC is 6th, after the Big East. So it is easy to play in a cupcake conference, lose to cupcakes, and criticize good teams but you really have no right.

The loss was disappointing, but I am not ashamed about as we played a good Big 12 team. If WVU lost to an ACC team this year, any ACC team, I would be ashamed. FSU should be ashamed for failing to easily dominate a weak conference. Everybody expected you to win an easy conference, but you failed. Meanwhile, everyone expected WVU to lose a game, or two in the Big 12, as we are actually good.

That is why you fail nocopus. We play as expected in a good conference, while FSU underachieves in the easiest conference.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I'll solve it! With the exception of a handful of teams, the Big 12 and ACC play crappy defense.
I agree about the Big 12, but the ACC doesnt have any exceptions.

They ALL suck in defense, offense, and special teams.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Texas Tech had #1 defense in the country. Texas Tech is anything but a cupcake. Big 12 does have a very few cupcakes, Texas tech not among them, unlike the ACC which is ALL cupcakes.

In the East coast everyone knows the ACC sucks. West coast and Midwest too. They might not be the SEC, but they are the 2nd best football conference. ACC is 6th, after the Big East. So it is easy to play in a cupcake conference, lose to cupcakes, and criticize good teams but you really have no right.

The loss was disappointing, but I am not ashamed about as we played a good Big 12 team. If WVU lost to an ACC team this year, any ACC team, I would be ashamed. FSU should be ashamed for failing to easily dominate a weak conference. Everybody expected you to win an easy conference, but you failed. Meanwhile, everyone expected WVU to lose a game, or two in the Big 12, as we are actually good.

That is why you fail nocopus. We play as expected in a good conference, while FSU underachieves in the easiest conference.

You obvious have your Big 12 blinders on.

Texas Tech as the #1 defense in the country?!?!?!? That is Alabama son. Texas Tech isn't even in the Top 20.

2nd best football conference?!?!??!? Come on bro. That is the Pac 12 this year. The Big 12 number 2 and 3 both got HAMMERED and STEAMROLLED today i.e. West Virginia and Texas.

As for FSU, it is only consider underachieving since analysts believed we could take it all (due to our loaded talent). Analysts didn't believe West Virginia could thus it isn't underachieving for them because it was expected that they would lose due to that crappy crappy defense they run. I have seen a track meet that had more defense than West Virginia can run.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:12 PM

922 posts, read 1,698,324 times
Lol, the Pac-12 is not the second best conference.

And you do know that Oklahoma won right? So the number three team won in a route.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
You obvious have your Big 12 blinders on.

Texas Tech as the #1 defense in the country?!?!?!? That is Alabama son. Texas Tech isn't even in the Top 20.

2nd best football conference?!?!??!? Come on bro. That is the Pac 12 this year. The Big 12 number 2 and 3 both got HAMMERED and STEAMROLLED today i.e. West Virginia and Texas.

As for FSU, it is only consider underachieving since analysts believed we could take it all (due to our loaded talent). Analysts didn't believe West Virginia could thus it isn't underachieving for them because it was expected that they would lose due to that crappy crappy defense they run. I have seen a track meet that had more defense than West Virginia can run.
FSU was over hyped because they had a cupcake conference and even a mediocre team can carry it.

Big 12 is still 2nd best after SEC. If FSU was in the big 12, which is what they wanted before they were rejected, they would be near the bottom. If WVU was in ACC everyone would except them to win every game. ACC is a glorified HS conference. FSU is not even good enough to win it. It is like getting a pass go card in monopoly and being too bad to pick up your own piece and move it to go.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post
Lol, the Pac-12 is not the second best conference.

And you do know that Oklahoma won right? So the number three team won in a route.
Oregon might make the title, the Big 12 won't come close. Book it. OOC Pac-12 has a better resume than the Big 12 had.

Oklahoma looks like the best team in the Big 12, they are carrying a loss, and still have a date with Te'o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc
FSU was over hyped because they had a cupcake conference and even a mediocre team can carry it.
We were hyped even with West Virginia on schedule. I guess that made them a cupcake too. Huh

Again, stop trying to derail the thread. This is about how much the suck West Virginia is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football