Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times

Advertisements

Looked Like OSU vs Texas Tech to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 06:50 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
People always want the top to fall. Bama has been dominating football for several years, and people are jealous.
We can't be on top forever or win every game, but I am enjoying the wins that we get(which have been a lot lately).

Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,873,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, Manziel damn near had 600 yards of total offense by himself. Mike Evans had 274 receiving yards. Anybody who thinks that's good defense definitely doesn't know football.

Who Said That Was Good Defense? I Didn't. Anyone Who Watches More Than Twelve Seconds Of College Football Knows That Bama Has One Of The Most Dominating Defenses In The Country. Did It Show Yesterday? Obviously Not, Against A Powerful Offense On The Road. Does That Make Them A Team That Can't Play Defense? Your Answer Depends On Either Your Lack Of Football IQ, Or Your Level Of Bias.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Interesting. Go back to any previous "games of the century" involving Alabama usually against LSU and random know it all outsiders itch and complain that it is field goal battle, boring and no offense because they can never give any credit to the stifling defense that is indicative of the best SEC teams. Now you get a game with Johnny Tecmo Bowl and Alabama matching them blow for blow and...haters still hate.
Well said...

Old 09-15-2013, 11:11 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I had to watch the whole game with the sound off. Will CBS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fire Vern Lunquist?
Nothing can ruin a game like his half senile mindless worthless droning......

Old 09-15-2013, 11:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I don't think ti in surprise since the rules have made passing and scoring more of a part of the game I rule changes its much of a surprise. its really no different than pros which also have tried to promote more scoring .A&M is a high scoring pass team like Oregon. What I saw was a BAMA team that could play that game with them yesterday.Big play is what rules have designed into the game more and more.Look at Ohio state and the changes they made from the past by hiring a coach do plays such a balance in teams he coaches. What Bama has as it has for years is speed plus size and great debt in positions.They have shown they can play big play game plus in the trenches games.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:20 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
I thought the SEC was all about defense. This year so far has already proved that the SEC doesn't play it.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:16 PM

114 posts, read 133,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
People always want the top to fall. Bama has been dominating football for several years, and people get jealous.
As indicated by Gary & Verne's tone of voice.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:37 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Yes, and to be honest, if I was not a Bama fan I probably would feel the same. No one likes it when the same team keeps winning, except that team and its fans.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Who Said That Was Good Defense? I Didn't. Anyone Who Watches More Than Twelve Seconds Of College Football Knows That Bama Has One Of The Most Dominating Defenses In The Country. Did It Show Yesterday? Obviously Not, Against A Powerful Offense On The Road. Does That Make Them A Team That Can't Play Defense? Your Answer Depends On Either Your Lack Of Football IQ, Or Your Level Of Bias.
Bammer's secondary is very suspect.

Great D-Lineman and Backers, but your secondary (especially with Belue out) es no bueno.

The best part of Bammer's team is it's O-Line. That's a dominating/crushing O-Line that will wear down most teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football