Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:40 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Well since they had the worst in BCS Title game history, what happened to the rest of you wonderful SEC that didn't make it to the Natty. You would have thought that the mighty SEC would have teams that would have outscored them...but you didn't, did you?
Everybody knows that the SEC isnt known for having offensive shootouts in conference games. Cam Newton was the difference for Auburn and the had the best offense in the SEC in 2010. They had to overwhelm you on offense because their defense couldnt win games for them IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Everybody knows that the SEC isnt known for having offensive shootouts in conference games. Cam Newton was the difference for Auburn and the had the best offense in the SEC in 2010. They had to overwhelm you on offense because their defense couldnt win games for them IMO.
Well Oregon lost a great battle on that night. Was the last time the BCS title game was worth Watching. Who wants to see ND again? (crickets).

Old 10-16-2013, 09:20 PM

Just for SEC fans, Who do you want to see play Bama? Lets leave other SEC teams out of this:

Old 10-17-2013, 01:08 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Just for SEC fans, Who do you want to see play Bama? Lets leave other SEC teams out of this:
Who says we want to see Bama play for the Natty?

The season isn't over yet...

But I would prefer to see Clemson or Florida State play against Bama/LSU/TAMU/SC/FL... let's keep it below the mason dixon line.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:24 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Who says we want to see Bama play for the Natty?

The season isn't over yet...

But I would prefer to see Clemson or Florida State play against Bama/LSU/TAMU/SC/FL... let's keep it below the mason dixon line.
On this we can agree!

I would like to see a Florida St./Bammer matchup as I think the Seminoles are about the only team with the athletes to hang. However, that guy Saban is an amazing coach and I don't see anybody outcoachin' him on the big stage.....no matter how many great athletes the other team has.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
On this we can agree!

I would like to see a Florida St./Bammer matchup as I think the Seminoles are about the only team with the athletes to hang. However, that guy Saban is an amazing coach and I don't see anybody outcoachin' him on the big stage.....no matter how many great athletes the other team has.
A Bama-FSU BCS title game would present a couple of storylines.

FSU's starting QB Winston is from the Birmingham area, and Saban tried to recruit him. Even made a personal appearance at Winston's HS.

Jimbo Fisher coached under Nick Saban as his OC at LSU.

Bama lost the FSU in Saban's first season at Bama 21-14.

Bobby Bowden wanted the Bama job in 1987, but Bama instead hired Bill Curry ( a huge mistake).

A Bama-Clemson matchup would is just as interesting. Clemson HC Dabo Sweeney was a WR and a assistant coach at Bama and is also from the Birmingham area.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Below the Mason-Dixon Line, huh?

Alright I am cool with that. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing Oregon destroy Bama just as General Sherman rolled through the South striking fear into the secesh.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post

Alright I am cool with that. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing Oregon destroy Bama just as General Sherman rolled through the South striking fear into the secesh.
ooooh thats hitting below the "Bible Belt" there. LOL

Old 10-19-2013, 05:53 PM

Craziest day in SEC history?. Underdogs pulling upsets all day.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:39 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post

Well, if Alabama were playing Al Queda I would be really torn in my loyalties. Would I want Al Queda to win by 50 or 100?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football