Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 09:28 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,852,686 times

Advertisements

I freely admit I am not "up" on trends and am quite unhip - but seriously - what is the obsession with gray uniforms this year??

Tennessee in gray with orange piping today - blech!

Texas Tech's sweat-stained gray shirts were just pleasing to the eye!

West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma State and all the rest of you, just stop.

And yes, I know that all the different uniforms make $$$$$$$$....

The only schools I can think of off the top of my head that officially have gray as a color are:

Washington State
Alabama
Ohio State
Air Force (well, technically Silver)
Memphis
UNLV

I'm sure I am missing some schools - but is gray really that "in"??

I can't stand it when Wazzu goes all-gray, and I'm a Cougar fan! But at least it IS one of their colors.

Oh, yeah - the all-black uniforms are getting tired, too.

Last edited by cougfan; 10-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,578,248 times
Oklahoma state has gray as an official color.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,112,510 times
Nowadays it seems like the colors are up to the maker of the uniforms. There are lot of schools out there now dawnimg colors that are not the "official" school colors. The same thing can be said with a lot more school doing all white. There was only 5 or 6 schools that have been doin all white for the past 30 to 40 years. Penn St, Bama, Texas, OU, possibly BYU.

I think its more for the kids, and for small schools to look like a big school, and get some recognition.

Bye Bye tradition

Old 10-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,967,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Tennessee in gray with orange piping today - blech!
I liked the Tennessee unis. I've never been fond of their particular orange with white, but I liked it with the grey.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:50 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,852,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Nowadays it seems like the colors are up to the maker of the uniforms. There are lot of schools out there now dawnimg colors that are not the "official" school colors. The same thing can be said with a lot more school doing all white. There was only 5 or 6 schools that have been doin all white for the past 30 to 40 years. Penn St, Bama, Texas, OU, possibly BYU.

I think its more for the kids, and for small schools to look like a big school, and get some recognition.

Bye Bye tradition

I would think after a while fans couldn't keep up with all the color combos - but gray is just such a hard color to pull off. At least black "goes with anything" as my Mom used to say. I think Maryland has taken the lead for most outlandish unis.

Now after seeing all the "awareness pink" this weekend - at least gray is different.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:12 PM

934 posts, read 1,339,866 times
A lot of Georgia's apparel incorporate grey.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:03 PM

8,773 posts, read 10,178,572 times
Just wait until some team runs out in all camouflage

Knowing how popular camouflage team hats and other appeal are becoming for some reason, you know some program is going to try it.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Just wait until some team runs out in all camouflage

Knowing how popular camouflage team hats and other appeal are becoming for some reason, you know some program is going to try it.
Army has done it. I loved it.

The worst is yet to come...
anything for "awareness" I guess.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-19-2013 at 12:17 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM

8,773 posts, read 10,178,572 times
Didn't realize that. That makes sense though.

I guess I should have been a little more specific. I'm talking this kind of camo

I see a ton of team hats (college and pro) in this kind of camo pattern.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Didn't realize that. That makes sense though.

I guess I should have been a little more specific. I'm talking this kind of camo

I see a ton of team hats (college and pro) in this kind of camo pattern.
Not sure I like that camo. Certain fan bases would probably love it. Lol. I'm sure Oregon will try it eventually or maybe an sec team. Army had their digital camo. It was legit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football