Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 11:16 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,251,837 times

Advertisements

Better late than never, I guess.

Michigan is coming to Kinnick on Saturday. Should be a fun one - Iowa is coming off a bye, so they should be healthy and rested. Michigan escaped Northwestern in a triple-overtime thriller (Northwestern had WAY too many chances to put the Wolverines away but failed each and every time) so if they're still hung over from last weekend, I think Iowa takes care of business.

If Michigan can somehow put together a complete game (something I haven't seen in a while) I think Iowa could be in trouble. UM's offense, when clicking, puts Iowa's to shame, so Iowa's defense needs to step up and give the offense good field position. Iowa's offense isn't bad, but it's methodical and bland. However, if Iowa can give their running backs some room to run like they did against Purdue, it'll set up perfectly for the playaction and provide some much-needed balance for their offensive attack.

Michigan is a hard team to put a finger on. They do have talent on both sides of the ball, but there's some obvious issues which are keeping them from realizing their potential and I don't think it gets resolved this week. They won't let Iowa walk all over them, but they'll return to Ann Arbor empty handed. They'll almost certainly regroup and give Ohio State all they've got in two weeks, though.

28-21 Iowa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 09:03 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
Better late than never, I guess.

Michigan is coming to Kinnick on Saturday. Should be a fun one - Iowa is coming off a bye, so they should be healthy and rested. Michigan escaped Northwestern in a triple-overtime thriller (Northwestern had WAY too many chances to put the Wolverines away but failed each and every time) so if they're still hung over from last weekend, I think Iowa takes care of business.

If Michigan can somehow put together a complete game (something I haven't seen in a while) I think Iowa could be in trouble. UM's offense, when clicking, puts Iowa's to shame, so Iowa's defense needs to step up and give the offense good field position. Iowa's offense isn't bad, but it's methodical and bland. However, if Iowa can give their running backs some room to run like they did against Purdue, it'll set up perfectly for the playaction and provide some much-needed balance for their offensive attack.

Michigan is a hard team to put a finger on. They do have talent on both sides of the ball, but there's some obvious issues which are keeping them from realizing their potential and I don't think it gets resolved this week. They won't let Iowa walk all over them, but they'll return to Ann Arbor empty handed. They'll almost certainly regroup and give Ohio State all they've got in two weeks, though.

28-21 Iowa
If there is no beer in heaven then you are in hell.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
If there is no beer in heaven then you are in hell.
It is the victory song.

And why did you quote my entire post if you were not going to discuss the actual content?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:33 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Quote:
It is the victory song.

And why did you quote my entire post if you were not going to discuss the actual content?
What kind of victory song doesn't involve beer? It is the very definition of victory.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:20 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:

Iowa's offense isn't bad, but it's methodical and bland. However, if Iowa can give their running backs some room to run like they did against Purdue, it'll set up perfectly for the playaction and provide some much-needed balance for their offensive attack.

There's a reason Greg Davis was fired from Texas.

Bubble screen much up there?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 PM

123 posts, read 227,653 times
Iowa has too many 11am games this year. Why?

Old 11-20-2013, 11:47 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper Man View Post
Iowa has too many 11am games this year. Why?
Television.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 11-20-2013 at 11:56 AM..

Old 11-23-2013, 09:08 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
What kind of victory song doesn't involve beer? It is the very definition of victory.
What did you expect from IOWA?

Idiots Out, Wandering About.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:55 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Congrats on the win today over Nebraska.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Television.
Partially. But the Big Ten also traditionally plays far fewer evening games than most other conferences, especially after September's over and done with. There's some sort of rule (don't know if it's official or de facto) that prevents Big Ten teams from playing night games in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football