Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 PM

977 posts, read 1,955,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
I actually was thinking the same thing, why defend myself with your thread even though I have posted fact after fact showing and proving both thoughts, the SEC is by far the best conference and Ohio St Michigan is known all over the country as the best rivalry game of them all.
You are apparently incapable of distinguishing fact from opinion. What you have provided are smug opinions that you try to pass off as facts. You've been to a bunch of games, good for you. Doesn't mean other people will think the same thing about each game. There is nothing measurable about any game experience that can create these "facts" that you keep talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 12:47 AM

328 posts, read 434,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
So Colt's RRS experience matters but Eddie's tOSU-MICH experience doesn't? Great logic!

Face it, nobody outside of the Midwest cares about seeing tOSU beat up on Mich every year.

LOL

I have to disagree of course. Every solid college football fans knows and have watched this game. If you have not then you surely cannot be a solid fan of college football with all the great games, names, NFL players, Heismans etc.

Sure it has dropped over the last few years mainly because Mich Sts coach has taken all the talent to his house. And of course Michigans miserable picking of coaches.

As I stated above, as a college football fan who has been lucky enough to travel all over the country to see games for many years.

As a TOTAL FAN of college football I watch and want to see games from all over the USA and do not limit myself just to my box at Ohio Stadium.

From personal experience, hit up a Florida-LSU-Bama-SC-Clemson-Georgia game on a nice Saturday evening. The atmosphere is electric as it can ever be week in and week out and this comes from an Ohio St fan.

No game and I have been to 1000s of college games in my life ( actually was able to attend 3 different college games in one day once ) will ever touch LSU and Bama at LSU on a Saturday night I attended. Amazing!!

Colt McCoy played in the RR game, George did not so I would say Colts opinion that the OSU-Mich game atmosphere was better seems to carry more weight then someone who has only been to one Okie-Texas game.

Ohio St will set an all time attendance record this year they are thinking, if averaging 100k per game every game does not create one amazing atmosphere then you are going to the wrong games, not tailgating or following the wrong team. If 100k fans show up at your teams stadium and it is not awesome then those fans should be home cutting grass, herding cattle, going to a yard sale or something else.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:18 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
LOL

I have to disagree of course. Every solid college football fans knows and have watched this game. If you have not then you surely cannot be a solid fan of college football with all the great games, names, NFL players, Heismans etc.

Sure it has dropped over the last few years mainly because Mich Sts coach has taken all the talent to his house. And of course Michigans miserable picking of coaches.

As I stated above, as a college football fan who has been lucky enough to travel all over the country to see games for many years.

As a TOTAL FAN of college football I watch and want to see games from all over the USA and do not limit myself just to my box at Ohio Stadium.

From personal experience, hit up a Florida-LSU-Bama-SC-Clemson-Georgia game on a nice Saturday evening. The atmosphere is electric as it can ever be week in and week out and this comes from an Ohio St fan.

No game and I have been to 1000s of college games in my life ( actually was able to attend 3 different college games in one day once ) will ever touch LSU and Bama at LSU on a Saturday night I attended. Amazing!!

Colt McCoy played in the RR game, George did not so I would say Colts opinion that the OSU-Mich game atmosphere was better seems to carry more weight then someone who has only been to one Okie-Texas game.

Ohio St will set an all time attendance record this year they are thinking, if averaging 100k per game every game does not create one amazing atmosphere then you are going to the wrong games, not tailgating or following the wrong team. If 100k fans show up at your teams stadium and it is not awesome then those fans should be home cutting grass, herding cattle, going to a yard sale or something else.
Yeh, you're still missing the point. Let's try this again, maybe a question format would help: Did Colt McCoy ever play in the Ohio St./Michigan game?

Old 10-04-2014, 09:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
One only has to look at SEC record. This year 25-0 out of conference and in the last years three teams in it that dominated college football.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:38 PM

328 posts, read 434,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Yeh, you're still missing the point. Let's try this again, maybe a question format would help: Did Colt McCoy ever play in the Ohio St./Michigan game?
Lets do this. You brought up Eddie George so I brought up Colt McCoys comment because you are the one who made it out like there is nothing like the Red River Rivalry. Well Colt played in that RR game that you are so loving of and he says it was great games but did not compare to the Ohio St Mich game atmosphere.

Therefore I believe based on your assessment the RR game is better I turned to a player who actually played in the RR game you speak so highly of.

You make a thread slapping the SEC and I have factually destroyed the point from many angles with facts, figures, personal games I have attended in all conferences but yet you still love to like you call it "rib" about it.

The poster above sums it up and like myself proves the SEC is the dominant by far better conference with teams only losing games because they beat each other.

25-0 out of conference is amazing itself.

Todays games were simply stunning to see 7 of the top 25 go down.

Attend an SEC Saturday night game soon, you will be totally transformed and 99% of true college fans would see the SEC is much more dominant by a long shot over all the rest. And this comes from a lifelong Ohio St and B10 fan.

Just some more facts for you.

The Top 25 Rivalries In College Football History | AthlonSports.com

14 for '14: Top rivalries in college football | NFL.com

College Football's 25 All-Time Best Rivalry Games | Bleacher Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football