Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 02:54 PM

328 posts, read 434,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Ole Miss also lost 30 to 0 to...Arkansas, 6 win team. Not saying that TCU isn't an impressive team but to be real, Baylor has a stronger argument than TCU. They lost to WVU, so any given weekend....

Baylor was better then TCU, and now got beat up by Michigan State so both TCU and Baylor arguments are totally mute.

The bowl committee got it right seeing Baylor now losing to Mich St which Ohio St beat badly, then Wisconsin beating Auburn and Ohio St beat them 59-0.

No matter how it turns out, Ohio St earned and deserved a spot in this playoff so Baylor and TCU have nothing to cry about any longer.

Mich St and Wisconsin now will move ahead of Baylor and depending on Ohio St you will end up with 3 B10 teams in the top 10 when no one expected it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 03:02 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I have a feeling MsU is going to get rolled. Bad.

ACC is proving to be a top notch conference. At least the last couple of years with the top 2-3 teams from the conference. Their best 2-3 is as good as any.
Well... #JustSaying

Old 01-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Well... #JustSaying
I'm hoping this one's as flawed as that prediction was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I hope FSU and OSU get embarrassed in their games. Then the TCU - Ole Miss blow will loom even larger and make the playoff committee look that much more stupid. And I see OSU getting blown out (less so but still certainly a possibility FSU).

Old 01-01-2015, 03:23 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
I posted this in another thread a couple weeks ago.
I understand all of that completely. However, your beef is still more with Ohio State. They are not going to keep the only undefeated team to win their conference that is a p5 conference at that out of the playoff. It's never going to happen nor should it. And Georgia Tech is a good team. TCU struggled with Kansas and West Virginia. 2002 Ohio State struggled mightily with teams all season long. They won the national title though.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:03 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Ole Miss also lost 30 to 0 to...Arkansas, 6 win team. Not saying that TCU isn't an impressive team but to be real, Baylor has a stronger argument than TCU. They lost to WVU, so any given weekend....
Great assessment.. I knew today's game would be close. Still kind of jealous TCU lucked out with their bowl game match up. Lol

Old 01-01-2015, 05:31 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I'm hoping this one's as flawed as that prediction was.
How was my post wrong when Alabama OSU game hasn't even started yet and FSU is losing now 25-13?

Old 01-01-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Baylor was better then TCU, and now got beat up by Michigan State so both TCU and Baylor arguments are totally mute.

The bowl committee got it right seeing Baylor now losing to Mich St which Ohio St beat badly, then Wisconsin beating Auburn and Ohio St beat them 59-0.

No matter how it turns out, Ohio St earned and deserved a spot in this playoff so Baylor and TCU have nothing to cry about any longer.

Mich St and Wisconsin now will move ahead of Baylor and depending on Ohio St you will end up with 3 B10 teams in the top 10 when no one expected it at all.
Why people think Baylor is better than TCU makes no sense to me and obviously tells me someone hasn't watched enough football games. Yes Baylor beat TCU (by 3 points @Baylor) in the game they played but that doesn't automatically mean Baylor is better. Saying that Baylor is a better team because they beat them head to head is like saying VaTech is better than OSU or that Ole Miss is better than Alabama (both absurd things to say).

Baylor played a better game the day they played TCU but they weren't the better team. TCU's only loss was to Baylor by 3. Baylor's only loss (during the regular season) was to WVU by 14. Baylor then went on to lose a close game to MSU while TCU completely blew out Ole Miss (which wasn't a bad team by any stretch of the imagination like many people are trying to claim).

Baylor has a slightly better offense than TCU but TCU has a much better defense.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I understand all of that completely. However, your beef is still more with Ohio State. They are not going to keep the only undefeated team to win their conference that is a p5 conference at that out of the playoff. It's never going to happen nor should it. And Georgia Tech is a good team. TCU struggled with Kansas and West Virginia. 2002 Ohio State struggled mightily with teams all season long. They won the national title though.
I don't like OSU being in that much either but my main beef is with FSU. I completely understand the argument that because FSU won the National Championship this year they deserve to be in it, but I don't agree with that (and I understand I am in the minority). What FSU did last year was a completely different FSU team (look at the stats). FSU this year was Notre Dame 2012 and I was rolling my eyes saying they were going to be beat easily when they were selected to go to the national championship game (and they were beat without much trouble). People see 0 losses and think amazing team without looking at it more objectively. And that is probably how it always is going to be (if you are a power 5 school with a big name, if a school like Boston College went undefeated last year they would probably make it into the top 4 but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't either because Boston College isn't a big name).

Old 01-01-2015, 06:33 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,495 times
Quote:
Why people think Baylor is better than TCU makes no sense to me and obviously tells me someone hasn't watched enough football games. Yes Baylor beat TCU (by 3 points @Baylor) in the game they played but that doesn't automatically mean Baylor is better. Saying that Baylor is a better team because they beat them head to head is like saying VaTech is better than OSU or that Ole Miss is better than Alabama (both absurd things to say).

Baylor played a better game the day they played TCU but they weren't the better team. TCU's only loss was to Baylor by 3. Baylor's only loss (during the regular season) was to WVU by 14. Baylor then went on to lose a close game to MSU while TCU completely blew out Ole Miss (which wasn't a bad team by any stretch of the imagination like many people are trying to claim).

Baylor has a slightly better offense than TCU but TCU has a much better defense.
lol, going into this week, both teams are 10-1 and Baylor beat TCU, so yes, it does mean Baylor is the better team. The reason why Ole Miss isn't better than Alabama is because Alabama is 11-1 and Ole Miss isn't.

Perhaps now that Baylor has fallen to Michigan State, you could argue that TCU is better.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
lol, going into this week, both teams are 10-1 and Baylor beat TCU, so yes, it does mean Baylor is the better team. The reason why Ole Miss isn't better than Alabama is because Alabama is 11-1 and Ole Miss isn't.

Perhaps now that Baylor has fallen to Michigan State, you could argue that TCU is better.
I've been arguing TCU is better all season (not completely on this forum). Baylor was a better team in one game. At the end of the regular season TCU was the better team. A team that loses to baylor by 3 is better than a team that loses to WVU by 14. I watched many Baylor and TCU games during the year. They both have amazing offenses (2 best in the country) but TCU is has a defense that is top 10 in the country and Baylor cannot say the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football