Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 02:28 PM

13,715 posts, read 31,008,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Because their only losses were to teams who are now in the championship game..? Arguably the strongest resume in the country outside Oregon and OSU..
How is losing by 1 ugly? I guess the TCU loss to Baylor was more than ugly.
I'm sorry but you, a Baylor fan, isn't the guy who can tell us how high or low MSU should have been ranked.

MSU had two losses. Has a two loss team ever been top 3?

As for ugly, it was ugly because Baylor had the game in their hands. They gave it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 02:47 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,531,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I'm sorry but you, a Baylor fan, isn't the guy who can tell us how high or low MSU should have been ranked.

MSU had two losses. Has a two loss team ever been top 3?

As for ugly, it was ugly because Baylor had the game in their hands. They gave it away.
Get out of this thread with that nonsense.. They are clearly one of the best teams in the country. Going by your logic of the ugly loss, TCU lost uglier.. To BAYLOR. What makes you think they would fare any better against MSU? If Baylor/TCU were ranked reverse and played the others opponents this argument would be going the other way because it would have been Baylor blowing the doors off Ole Miss and TCU likely losing to a "2 loss team". (Find me any other team in the country that had to play both the national championship teams this season..)

Old 01-04-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Im no TCU homer, but they are better than Baylor. Thats easy to see unless you are biased
I agree in the sense that TCU was more consistent, but when Baylor is on they are tough to beat...

Old 01-04-2015, 03:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,049,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
I agree in the sense that TCU was more consistent, but when Baylor is on they are tough to beat...
Yep thats why Baylor could have and probably should have beaten Mich St.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:33 AM

I thought this was interesting.. We're ranked number 3 in the preseason polls for next year.. That's gotta be our highest preseason ranking ever. And it doesn't even mention the addition of 5* QB Stidham.

NCAAF TCU No. 1 in Way-Too-Early Top 25 - ESPN

Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 PM

A pretty cool highlight video of Jarrett Stidham, discussing his potential with the Bears.

So is he going to come in and take over? Will Russell or Johnson(?) transfer?

Newest Baylor Commit, 5-Star QB Jarrett Stidham, Has Serious Heisman Potential | Bleacher Report

Old 07-14-2015, 06:19 AM

1,000 days of magic in Waco (as of July 10th), and Baylor holds the title of longest home game win streak.

Quote:
It's been 1000 days since Baylor lost a home football game.

But sparked by a massive upset over #1 Kansas State two weeks later, the Art Briles' ruthless killing machine has turned Waco into the toughest place for a visiting team to win in all of college football. 16 consecutive opponents have walked into Floyd Casey or McLane Stadium and taken an L.
1000 Days of Waco Magic - Our Daily Bears

Old 07-14-2015, 06:20 AM

2015-2016 Hype Video

Old 07-23-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
After the latest update of 247Sports Composite rankings, Baylor's 2017 recruiting class has overtaken Miami as the No. 2 class nationally, just behind Ohio State for the top class in the country, giving the Bears the top class in the Big 12.

The Bears landed a commitment from Baron Browning (Kennedale), the No. 1 inside linebacker nationally for the class, which helped Baylor make the jump. Browning is the No. 40-ranked prospect overall and Baylor's highest rated (2017) commitment to date.
Baylor's 2017 class now No. 2

Old 07-27-2015, 11:12 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,314,305 times
I generally support Baylor because I was born in Waco and have lived around there my whole life, but I'm still skeptical about Art Briles and the Bears. He admitted himself that he's not going to schedule any quality opponents on the nonconference schedule, and then they choke away a big lead in a game in their chance to prove themselves. Despite the epic comeback against the Horned Frogs, TCU was a better team at the end of the season and proved it. But I still agree that the Bears should be the outright champions of the league considering they did beat TCU head-to-head. Big XII commish is a doink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football