Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Both side of the ball Oregon was manhandled; plain and simple. Its called power football. SEC has been winning with it for years.
A lot of Ohio state fans probably won't admit this. But Urban turned Ohio state into a sec style program. Big physical defensive and offensive lines and smash mouth football is a sec trademark.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
I said it last week here, if Ohio St can physically beat them and they did, that hurry up offense has no chance.

Ohio St just dropped Mariotta NFL stock big time.

I think he needs to come back for his senior year myself. This game might have dropped him down to 5 or 6 in the draft.

Classy kid for sure.

For those who have been on a hate mission against Ohio St, get used to this, they lost 6 starters including a Heisman Trophy candidate QB before the season started, lost Barrett who was a Heisman and then tossed in a 3rd string QB.

This has to be the best run for any team ever in the NCAA. The story is amazing in itself.

Most counted them out, TCU did not deserve a shot to be at 4 unless they replace Fla St and that was not going to happen.

Ohio St beat No 8 Wisconsin, No 2 Alabama and now No. 1 Oregon.

As far as the B10 goes, those who constantly complain about it need to stop.

The B10 proved they have the best conference overall in football this year.

The Pac, SEC, B12 all need to start working out a bit because Ohio St just proved they can physically destroy teams like they did with Alabama and Oregon.

What an amazing season for the National Champions!!

Wow.
First off congrats again to OSU. Color me impressed.

Bold: FSU should've been left out. They weren't a top 4 team regardless of what they did during their championship season. They proved that by their embarrassing effort against Oregon. Everyone who says they made the right choice putting FSU in the playoffs looks at the records and nothing else which is dumb.

Green: The B10 proved they have some great teams in their conference but they have too many poor to mediocre teams to be considered the best in my opinion. The B10 has 3 great teams (OSU MSU and Wisconsin) the rest are eh to bad. The PAC-12 SEC are probably the top 2, the Big 12 number 3 or 4, the B10 number 3 or 4 and the ACC number 5.

Blue: OSU is an impressive team. They could probably beat anyone (besides VA Tech , I kid I kid). I don't believe they got the opportunity to play the best team in the Championship game. They beat Alabama which was impressive, but I would've liked to see them play TCU. Maybe next year.

Again not trying to take anything away from what OSU did this season. I am very impressed.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:10 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
A lot of Ohio state fans probably won't admit this. But Urban turned Ohio state into a sec style program. Big physical defensive and offensive lines and smash mouth football is a sec trademark.

Also Big10 trademarks.

They ran it up the gut all night. Can't get much more B10 than that.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Damn, I was rooting for the quacks. I've never been a fan of the Buckeyes, but congrats to them. They earned it, and beat two excellent teams.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:25 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Before anyone celebrates, remember the score was only 35-20 not really a dominant victory. No i predicted that the team to beat Oregon was Oregon and oregon did beat themselves with stupid mental errors. The experts where correct about the first half, oregon was beating themselves, easy wide open drop balls, stupid offensive penalties, not capitalising on mistakes and oppertunities. This was much like the arizona game which oregon themselves lost, limiting themselves to less then 200 yards rushing, making stupid mental mistakes. But the saying about football is true "any given sunday".

Much like the Fla st game, Oregon forced 5 turnovers, Oregon this season scored 130 points off turnovers this year. Like i said self imploaded. The team i saw today wasn't the one who scored 130 points off turnovers. Part of it had to do with Ohio St but most of it had to do with Oregon themselves.

But i will agree that Ohio St head coach had his team mentally prepared. Except for the opening drive

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 01-12-2015 at 11:35 PM..

Old 01-12-2015, 11:36 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
You must not have been alive during the Woody Hayes era.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:37 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Before anyone celebrates, remember the score was only 35-20 not really a dominant victory. No i predicted that the team to beat Oregon was Oregon and oregon did beat themselves with stupid mental errors. The experts where correct about the first half, oregon was beating themselves, easy wide open drop balls, stupid offensive penalties, not capitalising on mistakes and oppertunities. This was much like the arizona game which oregon themselves lost, limiting themselves to less then 200 yards rushing, making stupid mental mistakes. But the saying about football is true "any given sunday".

Much like the Fla st game, Oregon forced 5 turnovers, Oregon this season scored 130 points off turnovers this year. Like i said self imploaded. The team i saw today wasn't the one who scored 130 points off turnovers. Part of it had to do with Ohio St but most of it had to do with Oregon themselves.
I disagree with this. Give credit where credit is due. OSU's O was much bigger than Oregon's D. And OSU's D was bigger than Oregon's O. That is why OSU beat Oregon. Oregon didn't lose they got beat. Oregon couldn't stop OSU's RB. Oregon couldn't stop OSU's passing attack. OSU forced Oregon to throw the ball more than they were used to which threw off the way Oregon usually plays. Thus Oregon wasn't as successful as they usually are.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:37 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Have any of you notice where most of your recent national champion coaches grew up played high school ball ?
It isn't down south in SEC land but Ohio or By God West Virginia they also played in the Big10 or the MAC-The Craddle of Legendary Coaches so shove that SEC smashmouth BS !
Yankee field generals brought smashmouth too you!

Old 01-12-2015, 11:47 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

Much like the Fla st game, Oregon forced 5 turnovers, Oregon this season scored 130 points off turnovers this year. Like i said self imploaded. The team i saw today wasn't the one who scored 130 points off turnovers. Part of it had to do with Ohio St [/b]but most of it had to do with Oregon themselves.

Lol.

Nonsense. Every team that loses can make the same exact excuses you made.

The fact of the matter is they won the turnover battle 4-0 and still only put 20 points on the board. (I'm not counting the interception that Mariota threw at the end, especially if you're not counting that last touchdown by OhSt.)

Without out those 4 turnovers OhSt might have put 55-60 points on the board.

A very soft defense that could not stop the run to save their life, and a hurry up offense system that causes it's soft defense to stay on the field, is why Oregon lost.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:56 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You must not have been alive during the Woody Hayes era.
Yeah. Every since a&m joined the sec. More teams are starting to use spread in the sec. It will be interesting what chavis can do with a&m's defense since he left LSU. A&m should have a sec defense with a big 12 style offense. That should spell disaster for other teams. Congrats to Ohio state. My family in Youngstown Ohio should be happy. I have a feeling TCU will be right back in the discussion next year they get most of their team back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football