Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 08:21 PM

328 posts, read 434,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Until Ohio state and TCU actually play you don't know who would win.

Most people already know TCU would not have a chance.

Come on....

Ohio St just did something NO OTHER TEAM EVER DID.

They beat 4 top 10 teams in a row, including the no. 7, no 8, no 2 and no 1 teams and not only just beat them but destroyed them all.

They defeated 3 straight Heisman top three candidates with a 3rd string QB.

Watch the Mich St, Wisc, Alabama and Oregon games. Each of those teams had player hobbling off the field injured, knocked silly or like some just had enough and laid on the ground.

Watch those games, Ohio St just physically beat those teams up. TCU does not have the talent or physical ability to even hang with the big boys.

TCU has a losing record all time in bowl games. Just lost to Mich St last year in a bowl game.

They have not won a national title in 80 years.

5 total All Americans ever.

1 Heisman ever.

NO COMPARISON.

Game is over, like the shirts on ebay state.

Ohio State Buckeyes
National Champions
Undisputed
This trophy was EARNED and we WON.
It it ours!!
Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 08:38 PM

I heard someone on ESPN just say what I was thinking last night.

I believe this Ohio State team should be put in the list of names of the best TEAMS ever to win the National Championship.

Overall the best team in the country, offense, defense, special teams, coaching, physical, speed, diversity, TOTAL TEAM, not a one man throw and catch team like some.

I cannot remember any team so solid top to bottom, even with a third string QB and 6 other starters not playing from spring game this good overall.

Maybe one of the Bama teams, I dont believe the Nebraska 95 team would come close to this team as Ohio St and Eddie George were even better then that team in 1995.

Think about it, what they did.

Beat 8 top 10 total teams.

In a row, Mich St ranked in top 10 when they beat them, Wisconsin No 8, Alabama No 2, and Oregon No. 1.

No one has ever beaten a No. 1 and a No. 2 back to back before ever.

When Urban Meyer said total TEAM, this TEAM is loaded with it all and have all but a few coming back next year and 17 already top HS recruits coming in next year as well.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:15 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
what OSU have over many others is a legend

an URBAN legend

Old 01-14-2015, 05:54 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Teams in the Big 12 are not known to be smart teams.

The B12 is going downhill fast.

TCU is just reaping the luck from the other teams going downhill fast.

TCU would not win a playoff game against the SEC or PAC and of course Ohio St would have smacked them around like biddy league players.

LOL TCU has no reason for any argument when the team that replaced them won it all.

I am a Buckeyes fan that was responding to the same BajanYankee TCU acolyte you're replying to. tOSU deserved the 4th spot, and tOSU are now the undisputed national champions.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:46 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
TCU would not smack anyone around. Not physical, not a good defense and only have a decent offense.

OSU would have held them to a touchdown if they got one.

Oregon was talked about having the primo best offense in recent history, the unstoppable team. Well Ohio St laid them down and out and shut them down and beat the crap out of them physically and mentally.
Ole miss is one of the most physical teams the sec has to offer just ask Alabama your point is invalid. Until TCU and Ohio state actually play. You don't know what will happen. That's why games are played. You are starting to sound kind of ignorant.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
I am a Buckeyes fan that was responding to the same BajanYankee TCU acolyte you're replying to. tOSU deserved the 4th spot, and tOSU are now the undisputed national champions.

There is only one person who claims it is disputed and they must be a TCU fan.

TCU did not belong, they did not win their own conference, they got beat 61-58 and barely beat West Virginia, a sad Kansas team and won by 3 in another game.

TCU could not have beaten any team other then maybe Fla St, the other 3 teams would have beaten them to a pulp.

No discussion, game over.

OHIO ST earned, deserved and WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and beat a record number of Top 10 teams in doing so.

Anyone who disputes they are the best team and BY FAR and did not deserve to be in the playoffs dont like college football as the best season I can ever remember from week one was exciting and fun and the Buckeyes won the first playoff championship, destroyed everyone in their way and someone needs to chill and watch them again next year when they will be right back at it again.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Are they? Some say that TCU should have been in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
We'll never know because of a biased selection committee. OSU's title therefore goes into the same bucket as all of those SEC titles.

Seriously?

OSU beat big, bad Bama and then went out to beat the number one team in the country.

And some still want to argue that they shouldn't have been there.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:20 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times
Here's what we know. Ohio State beat the teams that were put in front of them and therefore they are the National Champions. Sure, I would like to see an 8 team playoff in the future. But for this season, going by the rules that were set, Ohio State ARE the champs.
And I'm a Duck fan!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Here's what we know. Ohio State beat the teams that were put in front of them and therefore they are the National Champions. Sure, I would like to see an 8 team playoff in the future. But for this season, going by the rules that were set, Ohio State ARE the champs.
And I'm a Duck fan!
Sure no one is questioning that brah. Good to see you.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:54 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Did Ohio State win a championship or did Vancouver lose the Stanley Cup again?

Stay classy C-Bus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football