Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:27 PM

601 posts, read 457,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
As long as Urban is there they are poised to do great things. It would be great if he could beat the SEC again.

My Sooners got some love (clearly way over hyped) for spankin' Bammer in the Sugar Bowl a few years back. Hopefully ya'll will have a better follow-up campaign to your big wins. OU had a horrible year last year; it's not looking rosy this year either.
I've been looking forward to the series between the Sooners and Bucks for a while now. Biggest since USC a couple years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 10:43 AM

5,267 posts, read 5,191,675 times
National Title Season # 9 in school history about to commence.

There is nobody on the schedule that can beat OSU if we play like we are capable of. Sure we will have some close games where we take someone lightly and don't just blow them out...but besides MSU, there is nobody capable of playing w/in 2 TDs of us...don't see anyone taking out this hungry team in the playoffs either.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:52 AM

77,815 posts, read 59,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
National Title Season # 9 in school history about to commence.

There is nobody on the schedule that can beat OSU if we play like we are capable of. Sure we will have some close games where we take someone lightly and don't just blow them out...but besides MSU, there is nobody capable of playing w/in 2 TDs of us...don't see anyone taking out this hungry team in the playoffs either.
I was going to ask if by "us" you were a player on the team but quickly realized that would be crazy considering you spelled words like "schedule", "hungry" and "are" correctly.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:10 AM

465 posts, read 415,842 times
The Ohio State Buckeyes looked good last night. I am little concerned about that schedule which is very weak. No major challenges until late in the season which could be the Buckeyes downfall. Its hard to keep a sharp edge with those weak opponents that could present false positives leading up to the Spartans game and against that team up north.

Old 09-08-2015, 04:48 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,488,720 times
Ohio State is always criticized for having a weak schedule, so I don't put too much stock in that. The Buckeyes are the defending champs. If they take care of business, they're in. They need to cut down on mistakes, though.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:38 AM

465 posts, read 415,842 times
Default Right on the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
I am little concerned about that schedule which is very weak. No major challenges until late in the season which could be the Buckeyes downfall. Its hard to keep a sharp edge with those weak opponents that could present false positives leading up to the Spartans game and against that team up north.
Last week's game was simply stupid. Northern Illinois should not have been there to the end with The Ohio State. I lived in the Midwest for many years so I know Northern Ill can produce good teams but not great. The game should have been a blow out.

Todays game better be 56-0. Another good MAC team that we are expected to blow out.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:32 AM

17,921 posts, read 27,317,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Ohio State is always criticized for having a weak schedule, so I don't put too much stock in that. The Buckeyes are the defending champs. If they take care of business, they're in. They need to cut down on mistakes, though.
The Luckeyes are riding the Cupcake Cliff once again. Once they lose their ranking, it will stay gone.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:17 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,488,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Luckeyes are riding the Cupcake Cliff once again. Once they lose their ranking, it will stay gone.
Whatever, Skip. People kept questioning Florida State last season, too, when they were defending champs. Bottom line, if Ohio State runs the table, they'll be in the playoff. But the Buckeyes have a lot of work to do to defend their championship. They're looking better right now against Western Michigan, but still not a championship caliber team.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:35 PM

8,806 posts, read 4,465,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
So Mac, who do you root for out there in BF Colorado? And if THE Buckeyes would lose ALL of their remaining games, they are still my team. That's the way team loyalty works.

Mahalo

Old 09-26-2015, 06:17 PM

17,921 posts, read 27,317,512 times
I like the CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves. I used to like the CU Buffs, but after horrid recruiting and sex scandals, players being charged with duct tape rape, etc., I've decided to hate that team.

Colorado doesn't have any other Division 1 teams, as the CSU Rams and Air Force play in the lowly mountain West.

I follow the SEC West myself. Any team besides Alabama, I'll root for. I respect the West because they have this Strength of Schedule thing going on. They also have to play each other, which can make for good games.

Who do the Luckeyes play next? Jacksonville A&M Western?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football