Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 07:42 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Advertisements

Home games at my college were stone cheap for students -- 50 cents a game. So it was good cheap entertainment on a Saturday night. Bring a few good friends, a few blankets, sneak in a couple pints of whiskey to pass around, and it was a solid time. Went down there a year and a half ago to see Jimmy Garapolo's last college game -- unfortunately, an elimination playoff loss to a team they were favored to beat. Too bad because I was really looking forward to an EIU/NDSU showdown for the FCS title. Can't wait to see how Jimmy does filling in for Tom "Shriveled-Balls" Brady for the first 4 games this season.

Beyond that I don't have a huge desire to go to any college games with one exception: UW Badgers at Camp Randall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 10:21 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,329,109 times
My list is very small. I've only seen games at three collegiate football stadiums:

1. Apogee Stadium - University of North Texas - 5 games (I'm a student here)
2. Floyd Casey Stadium - Baylor University - 2 games
3. Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium - University of Texas - 1 game

My ranking of them:

1. Darrell K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium
2. Apogee Stadium
3. Floyd Casey Stadium

I will be attending a road game at SMU's Gerald Ford Stadium this fall, so that'll be four on my list. I'd also like to see a game at Baylor's new McLane Stadium. I pass by that stadium everyday on my to and from work. It's hard to say where else I'd like to go. I can't imagine going to even the most prestigious college football stadiums unless a team I like is playing there.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:28 PM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post

While I did not attend a game here, I was in Clemson, SC when they were playing Virginia Tech in 2012. If you have ever had a desire to see a town swell from 15k to 100k+ well Clemson is your place. You can hear the roar of the fans even when the stadium is not in sight. I was also quite impressed with how well the traffic flowed throughout the day though I was told it is usually worse.
I was in Death Valley at Clemson when they played FSU around '02 or '03. That's the loudest stadium I've ever been to, it was absolutely deafening.

My list of attended:

FSU
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Florida
UGA
Troy State

I've also been to a few pro venues.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:11 AM

277 posts, read 436,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpirate View Post
Stadiums I've been to:

Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium/ECU (my alma mater, Go Pirates!)
Go Pirates!

Visited and have seen a game:
ECU
UNC
NC State
Duke
Uncc
Temple
Georgia Dome (SEC championship)

Visited and have not seen a game:
Tennessee
South Carolina
Georgia Tech

Want to visit:
Tennessee
Wisconsin
Boise
Nevada
Tulane
LSU

Old 07-30-2015, 01:00 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
I was in Death Valley at Clemson when they played FSU around '02 or '03. That's the loudest stadium I've ever been to, it was absolutely deafening.

My list of attended:

FSU
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Florida
UGA
Troy State

I've also been to a few pro venues.
I don't remember who specifically, but there were a couple of Seminole players from that years team who said the same thing. I sort of remember watching that game on tv and whoever was doing the broadcast kept mentioning how loud it was. It is a quite amazing listening to 80k+ cheer in unison from a distance.

I see you live in Morgantown but didn't put WVU on your list of attended. That's a place I'd like to go for a game.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:32 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium - U.S. Naval Academy

Folsom Stadium - University of Colorado

Quite the difference in the student bodies at those two places.

Byrd Stadium - University of Maryland (Didn't see the Terps there. It was the home of the Baltimore Stars USFL team.)

Old 07-30-2015, 02:08 PM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I see you live in Morgantown but didn't put WVU on your list of attended. That's a place I'd like to go for a game.
I've only been here for about a month or so, but I definitely plan on catching at least one game this year. I live within walking distance of Milan Puskar, I've walked around it a few times but haven't actually been in it yet.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:16 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
The Pac-12
Autzen Stadium- Oregon (alma mater)
The Colosseum- USC/Raiders- a dump
Rose Bowl- UCLA- nostalgic of course
Sun Devil Stadium- ASU- just too darn hot
Arizona Stadium- UA- meh, and too darn hot
Reser Stadium- aka Bean Dip Stadium- OSU- meh, with annoying lumberjack saw every first down
Martin Stadium- Wazzu- tiny, remote, and freezing during winter
Folsom Field- Colorado- amazing setting
Husky Stadium- hated arch-rival- incredible setting

Big 12
DKR- Texas vs. Tech- not loud, not impressed. But Oregon is sometimes quiet, so maybe it was an off-day
Old Baylor Stadium- meh

SEC
Neyland Stadium- UT, once when I lived there- loud, big, once when the Ducks blew them out- loud in first half, silent afterwards (except for playing Rocky Top for no reason). Awesome setting, right on the water.

Big 10
The Big House- big, but nothing special IMO- not loud at all. Ducks gashed them so that had a lot to do with it.

My Favs (minus Oregon)
1. Husky Stadium (especially without track surrounding field)
2. Neyland
3. Folsom

I want to go to these stadiums(mainly for the atmosphere):

Cotton Bowl for Red River Rivalry
Nebraska- I hear they have good fans
Arkansas- nephew is going there this fall
The Swamp- although they blow now
Florida State- hot girls
West Virginia- pretty setting
Va Tech- Western Virginia is amazing
Ole Miss (for the Grove)- to party
Wisconsin- to drink beer, eat brats, and wear 5 layers of clothing
Clemson- seems cool on tv
Texas A&M- to see no cheerleaders, cult-like military dudes, and see what the fuss is about

Last edited by Acuda; 08-01-2015 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-02-2015, 08:04 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Been:
FBS
Rutgers
Virginia
Navy
Army
Temple

FCS
James Madison
Delaware
Stony Brook
Rhode Island

Bowls
1990 Citrus Bowl (Virginia vs Illinois)
2011 Pinstripe Bowl (Rutgers vs Iowa State)

Would Like to Go:
Michigan
Ohio State
Bama vs Auburn
Notre Dame
But really I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to see a game almost anywhere.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:15 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,329,109 times
I would love to go to Houston's TDECU Stadium, but not for football! The Twitter page for Bring MLL to Houston reports that when they get a team, they'll put it in the new 40,000-seat home to the Cougars. And you can bet I'll be at that first game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football