Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 02:58 AM

75 posts, read 57,489 times

Advertisements

USC's Steve Sarkisian takes leave, said to have arrived Sunday intoxicated

USC Trojans head coach Steve Sarkisian to take leave of absence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 06:31 PM

75 posts, read 57,489 times
Some big conference match ups this weekend. I'll go with The Spartans over the Wolverines by a touchdown and LSU over Florida by 10.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:42 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,375,682 times
Auburn holds off Kentucky to win their first conference game of the year.

Stanford thrashes UCLA at home 56-35. UCLA has not beaten Stanford since 2008.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:19 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,578,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Auburn holds off Kentucky to win their first conference game of the year.

Stanford thrashes UCLA at home 56-35. UCLA has not beaten Stanford since 2008.
There was a once-in-a-lifetime catch by Stanford in the end zone in that game (at least according to the announcers). Did anybody actually see it when it happened?

Old 10-16-2015, 11:08 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,408,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
There was a once-in-a-lifetime catch by Stanford in the end zone in that game (at least according to the announcers). Did anybody actually see it when it happened?
Yeah, I was watching the game. I couldn't see the ball come out the first time, and assumed it had somehow come out underneath them, or been picked off in a brilliant interception with Owusu failing to play emergency defense, because it was obvious there was no way in hell Owusu could actually have caught that.

Then they started saying he did, and showed the replay, and holee smoke. I did see another catch like that some years back, by an Alabama receiver. In the end zone, right behind the guy's back. I don't remember who they were playing (about ten years ago, maybe eight) but I remember it was the day Cal beat UW 56-17, embarrassing me in front of a bunch of guys who had come from all over the country to watch the game and the only benefit I had to offer them was the view from the north upper deck at Husky Stadium on a nice day. So when we went back to the motel afterward, naturally we all gathered to spend the rest of the day in front of the tube, and the Alabama fan simply could not abide the TV on any game but the Bama game, so we were all watching it. It was the same kind of catch and it was just as amazing.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:01 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,578,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Yeah, I was watching the game. I couldn't see the ball come out the first time, and assumed it had somehow come out underneath them, or been picked off in a brilliant interception with Owusu failing to play emergency defense, because it was obvious there was no way in hell Owusu could actually have caught that.

Then they started saying he did, and showed the replay, and holee smoke. I did see another catch like that some years back, by an Alabama receiver. In the end zone, right behind the guy's back. I don't remember who they were playing (about ten years ago, maybe eight) but I remember it was the day Cal beat UW 56-17, embarrassing me in front of a bunch of guys who had come from all over the country to watch the game and the only benefit I had to offer them was the view from the north upper deck at Husky Stadium on a nice day. So when we went back to the motel afterward, naturally we all gathered to spend the rest of the day in front of the tube, and the Alabama fan simply could not abide the TV on any game but the Bama game, so we were all watching it. It was the same kind of catch and it was just as amazing.
Finally saw the replays on that catch, and WOW!

Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Finally saw the replays on that catch, and WOW!
It was ridiculous. Sickest catch I've seen, well, since the previous one. However, keeping control of it all the way down so there was no question, while almost french kissing the defensive back...just crazy good. Catches like that are one of the reasons to love college ball; you never know when someone will do something thuswise loco.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:15 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,907,673 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHinglqAAhY

Old 10-17-2015, 01:14 AM

Wow. Seven turnovers in one half? That's barely even possible, almost takes special deliberate effort. Tough day for BSU. I was rooting for them, but they suffered The Wife's Curse.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:50 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,375,682 times
Damn, Boise State. I had a feeling y'all would lose but I didn't think you'd get whupped like that! The turnovers in the first half did help it though.

Houston whupped Tulane. And BYU beat Cincinnati. And from what I've heard, the fans want to fire Tuberville because of his "give up" attitude.

And to be honest, I remember 4 years ago, when he was at Tech, he kicked a field goal against A&M on 4th and goal when down 15 with 9 minutes left in the 4th. If he had gone for it and gotten the touchdown, the game could have gone to OT. The final score was 45-40 because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football