Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,390,345 times

Advertisements

In my opinion...

#1: Pac-12. ASU didn't open strong, Desmond's NC pick (Stanford) went down at Northwestern, WSU lost to Portland State (Probably will end up 0-12, too), Washington was outplayed for one half at Boise State, and Colorado lost to Hawaii on some BS. Even Oregon and Arizona didn't wow me. At least USC, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah and Cal got wins for the conference, but its not enough to take this conference out of #1.
#2: B1G. Michigan came up short against Utah, Penn State lost to Temple, Nebraska got Hail Mary'd out of a win at home, Indiana beat Southern Illinois 48-47, Wisconsin went down to Alabama (expected), and Purdue lost to Marshall. What prevents the B1G from being #1? Ohio State whipped Virginia Tech at their house (After being down 17-14 at halftime, then coming out in the second half), and Minnesota may have lost to TCU, but held them to 23 points. I also have to give points to Northwestern's upset of Stanford.
#3: Big 12. TCU struggled with Minnesota, Kansas is going 0-12, and Texas...Jesus tap-dancing christ. The good news is, Baylor and Oklahoma put up the points on their opponents (Knowing Baylor, they put up a lot of points), West Virginia shut out last year's Sun Belt champion at home, and there were people that thought Northern Iowa would upset Iowa State. Look how that turned out.
#4: ACC. The teams who were supposed to win did. And the teams that were supposed to lose lost (Except for North Carolina, who I thought would beat South Carolina). Georgia Tech and Syracuse smashed their opponents by more than 45 points, and Duke had a great 37-7 away game with Tulane. That's all I can say.
#5: SEC. What's disappointing? Everyone in the SEC won (Except for Vandy. Poor Vandy. And LSU because of the weather.). The way Ole Miss destroyed Tennessee-Martin...holy mother of god. A&M got two touchdowns in the last 5 minutes to win 38-17 over Arizona State.

That's my opinion, folks. What's your opinion?

Last edited by SouthernTiger; 09-08-2015 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Of, not to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 09:53 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,618,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
In my opinion...

#1: Pac-12. ASU didn't open strong, Desmond's NC pick (Stanford) went down at Northwestern, WSU lost to Portland State (Probably will end up 0-12, too), Washington was outplayed for one half at Boise State, and Colorado lost to Hawaii on some BS. Even Oregon and Arizona didn't wow me. At least USC, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah and Cal got wins for the conference, but its not enough to take this conference out of #1.
#2: B1G. Michigan came up short against Utah, Penn State lost to Temple, Nebraska got Hail Mary'd out of a win at home, Indiana beat Southern Illinois 48-47, Wisconsin went down to Alabama (expected), and Purdue lost to Marshall. What prevents the B1G from being #1? Ohio State whipped Virginia Tech at their house (After being down 17-14 at halftime, then coming out in the second half), and Minnesota may have lost to TCU, but held them to 23 points. I also have to give points to Northwestern's upset of Stanford.
#3: Big 12. TCU struggled with Minnesota, Kansas is going 0-12, and Texas...Jesus tap-dancing christ. The good news is, Baylor and Oklahoma put up the points on their opponents (Knowing Baylor, they put up a lot of points), West Virginia shut out last year's Sun Belt champion at home, and there were people that thought Northern Iowa would upset Iowa State. Look how that turned out.
#4: ACC. The teams who were supposed to win did. And the teams that were supposed to lose lost (Except for North Carolina, who I thought would beat South Carolina). Georgia Tech and Syracuse smashed their opponents by more than 45 points, and Duke had a great 37-7 away game with Tulane. That's all I can say.
#5: SEC. What's disappointing? Everyone in the SEC won (Except for Vandy. Poor Vandy. And LSU because of the weather.). The way Ole Miss destroyed Tennessee-Martin...holy mother of god. A&M got two touchdowns in the last 5 minutes to win 38-17 over Arizona State.

That's my opinion, folks. What's your opinion?
Hey! It was OPENING WEEKEND. Not too many WOW factors out there just yet. Regarding your #1 through #5 list, others may see it much differently. It's currently pretty much uncertain and all the same at this point.

Personally, I'll wait another week or two.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times
first week, and it shows that a lot of teams have things to work on. UTSA is for real though, but they showed that arizona has a lot to work on defensively.

as for the rest, i cant disagree.

Old 09-08-2015, 04:55 PM

2,293 posts, read 3,946,875 times
The ACC went 0-4 against P5 opponents during week 1: UNC, Va Tech, UVA, and Louisville.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:28 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,390,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
The ACC went 0-4 against P5 opponents during week 1: UNC, Va Tech, UVA, and Louisville.
Three of those, I expected to lose. I thought UNC would beat South Carolina, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football