Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 07:43 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Bama/Auburn is a rivalry that goes on all year not just when the Iron Bowl is near.
The Pitt - Ped State rivalry has gone on, heatedly, despite Ped State refusing to play Pitt the past 16 years. That's some real hate.

Pitt fans have been shouting "PSU S@#$s" for years, even when competing against schools other than Ped State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 11:11 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Can you come up with your own best ten list from the following battle between in-state public universities:

Cal vs. UCLA
You really had to reach to come up with that one. No one considers this a big rivalry game.

Regardless of private vs public, Cal's bigget rival is Stanford and UCLA's is USC, even though Notre Dame is USC's biggest rivalry game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
or you are a homer for your in state rivalry. Most people outside of Alabama don't see that rivalry as any bigger than other state rivalries. It is not a game that I go out of my way to watch.
Precisely.

Unless you've lived in AZ or OR you have no idea how intense and bitter those rivalries are. I'll assume the same emotions run deep for OKU - Okie State, KU - Kansas State, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think when Harvey Updike poisoned Toomer's corner it kind of sealed the deal on Bama-Auburn.

I truly miss the ATM-Texas game on Thanksgiving and I kind of miss the Pitt Penn State game as well.

The ASU vs. UofA game in Arizona is an interesting one because they really don't have any other rivals besides each other.

And on this list, the Cal- UCLA game is kind of fascinating because I've never heard it considered a rivalry but maybe it is being that they are the two UC schools.
Cal - UCLA isn't. Cal - San Jose State was a bigger rivalry until they were forced to drop the series because of league expansion.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:59 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
It looked like Arizona /Oregon might become rivals but then Oregon fell back to earth.

Old 09-16-2016, 04:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
It looked like Arizona /Oregon might become rivals but then Oregon fell back to earth.

Theyre still better than Arizona though

Old 09-17-2016, 06:41 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Arizona and Oregon might be closer this year in basketball. Football? Arizona gets all they can handle with Grambling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football