Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 AM

12,893 posts, read 13,207,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
That ad is ridiculous. At least they included their names so you know what idiots were behind that.

Not sure any school can make a claim of being more cult-like than Aggy.. Are your Baylor alum friends denying any wrongdoing, or denying wrongdoing of certain people? The BOR is a major cluster and many need to go. The majority of the board have been making terrible decisions for years. Unfortunately this is nothing new, and should come as no surprise. It would seem that refraining from releasing the PH report is in their best interest. I wonder why..? What are the BOR hiding?
I agree. Flush 'em all down the Brazos!

Old 06-08-2016, 06:39 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,537,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I agree. Flush 'em all down the Brazos!
That would make many alumni more than happy. The BOR is a disgrace to the school.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
That would make many alumni more than happy. The BOR is a disgrace to the school.
Apparently there has been a lot of political & power struggling going on between the BOR, some ex-board members, and administration for several years. Of course that kind of infighting is pretty common around the country, but the criminal cover-up not so much. The sooner the school comes to grips with their problems, the sooner they can help the student victims move on with their lives. And that doesn't mean cash settlements, although Baylor is obviously going to be liable for that aspect too.

Maybe the scandal will bring more light on a national problem and at least help prevent more innocent women from being victimized & brutalized.
But the school and Waco PD better be prepared for further investigations from the DoJ & the Texas Rangers.

Another big but.....Two big mistakes the athletic department is making right now are 1) Not firing the rest of the coaches who were actively involved in the coverup and even those who just knew about it - that is a criminal offense which even elementary teachers are warned about. 2) Not allowing freshman class signees (who have yet to enroll) out of their national letters of intent. They should give them unconditional waivers. If Baylor refuses, then it'll destroy their recruiting for a decade. The early enrollees are a different matter since they are already in school. And yes, the recruiting vultures will be out to see who they can pick away from Baylor, it's the nature of that game.

It's too early to tell if the NCAA will come down as hard on Baylor as they did on Penn State. Not to mention what Bowlsby and the other Big 12 presidents will do.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:29 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,376,580 times
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...125819000.html

Old 06-09-2016, 07:37 PM

Keeps getting worse.

How many didn't report the rapes because they were intimidated, and saw how other victims were treated and basically run off campus as illustrated by the female athlete?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:18 PM

I've heard from other people on the internet that there are rumors that there is a possibility that Baylor could reinstate Art Briles as head coach.

I don't believe the rumors yet. I'm gonna wait until it actually happens. But if they do this, i will have lost what little respect i had for Baylor forever. And the whole place should be burned down by the NCAA as well. Death penalty for a program demonstrating a complete lack of moral value. This is one of the darker truths of the world. Some people value winning a game more than stopping serial rape enablers.

If the BoR is this delusional and out of control (which wouldn't surprise me if they are), then the only way to stop this bulls**t once and for all is temporarily shutting down the football program.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:06 AM

Who is making that decision? They have no president or AD at the moment.

It sounds like the BOR has sold their souls to the gods of football and turned their backs on Jesus.

If they actually try it, there wil be tremendous pressure to kick them out of the Big 12, if they don't get the Death Penalty from the NCAA. And it will totally destry the school's reputation if they even attempt to let that dirtbag back on the field. He is as toxic as they come now. The only school that would hire him would be A&M whenever they dump Stumblin.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Who is making that decision? They have no president or AD at the moment.

It sounds like the BOR has sold their souls to the gods of football and turned their backs on Jesus.

If they actually try it, there wil be tremendous pressure to kick them out of the Big 12, if they don't get the Death Penalty from the NCAA. And it will totally destry the school's reputation if they even attempt to let that dirtbag back on the field. He is as toxic as they come now. The only school that would hire him would be A&M whenever they dump Stumblin.
Yep. Their reputation has already fallen farther than Nkemdiche out that window, and if they do reinstate Briles...Then it could take up to 5-6 decades to make people who are not Baylor fans like them again.

I do feel bad for their fans, though.

And i don't see aTm hiring Briles, because i'm sure the university knows about the s**tstorm going down in Waco, And that would probably be enough for them to not hire Briles.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:22 PM

I feel bad for the Baylor fans who know that what went down under Briles's watch was criminal & immoral, but not for the whiny ones who are in denial and want him back. Had to stop reading Baylorfans because of the crazy lack of objectivity exhibited by the cluelass ones. Worse than the UT fans who wanted mack brown to stay.

A$M seems good with the loose culture Sumlin is promoting in his program and many still yearn for that cheating dirtbag Jackie Sherrill. So it's not farfetched to think they'd hire a good coach like Briles even though he's a POS person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Yep. Their reputation has already fallen farther than Nkemdiche out that window, and if they do reinstate Briles...Then it could take up to 5-6 decades to make people who are not Baylor fans like them again.

I do feel bad for their fans, though.

And i don't see aTm hiring Briles, because i'm sure the university knows about the s**tstorm going down in Waco, And that would probably be enough for them to not hire Briles.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:37 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,537,354 times
Quote:
There are many of you visiting fans on here and on respective news article comment sections, other fan boards, blog, twitter, etc. that claim that your outrage is truly not about football. That your desire to have Art Briles fired, the football program to have the death penalty, the entire BU athletic department be basically shut down in response to this. It's greater than football or athletics, it's about the victims you claim. That this has nothing at all to do with BU being good in football.

Since this is the case, put your money where your mouth is. You claim your interest in this topic has nothing to do at all about football...nothing. You just want to see the right thing done for the victims (aka firing Art Briles), you really do.

How will you choose to help the victims? Not just the ones at BU, but the ones all over the US since this is a wide-spread problem. The situation at Baylor brought the topic of sexual assault to the forefront of our country. You can see from stories such as at Baylor, Stanford, Michigan, Tennessee, etc that the problem wide-spread. So I challenge you since it is truly not about football...

I challenge any fan from any visiting school, money that you would usually set aside to support an athletic foundation at your school, to donate that money to a sexual assault or abuse charity in Waco. I mean why not? It's been your moral calling since all of this has taken place. You've spent countless hours on message boards, comment sections, blogs, twitter, you name it - voicing your endless outrage. That time could be better spent volunteering time or money for those that are suffering.

It doesn't even need to be a Waco charity. You could do it towards a charity in the town of your choosing (like wherever your college it located). Or you could tell your school that you don't want the money to go towards athletics. You'd rather the money be earmarked for supporting the Title 9 department at your school, or go towards educating students about sexual assault at your school, or towards helping those who have suffered at your school Wait, what's that you say? It doesn't happen at your school? Google it and find out. You'll be surprised at the results.

So I challenge you to this. If you accept the challenge feel free to post a copy of your donation receipt to this forum with all personal info blacked out. It would all be going towards a just cause. Will you step up to the plate and support a cause that you claim is higher than football/athletics is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football