Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:20 PM

578 posts, read 458,589 times

Advertisements

Ok i think we can all agree these 3 teams will make it

alabama,clemson,ohio state im sure will be in the play offs

but who is number 4?

washington is playing great in the pac 12 and baylor is still high powered offense!

This is what i got the college football play off rankings

1.)Alabama
2.)clemson(will most likely be undeafted in their conference)
3.)ohio state
4.)Baylor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 12:30 AM

2,088 posts, read 1,973,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post

but who is number 4?

washington is playing great in the pac 12 and baylor is still high powered offense!

1.)Alabama
3.)ohio state
4.)Baylor
I'm not sure about Ohio State. They are playing Michigan in Columbus, so that goes in their favor, but against the same competition (Wisconsin and Rutgers), I thought Michigan looked more impressive. In the end, it'll probably come down to whichever team is healthier when they play.

I'd put Washington over Baylor, and it will come down to whether either team finishes undefeated. Washington has the Pac 12 championship game so that will probably go in its favor adding another quality win.

Bama is the best team until proven otherwise.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:46 AM

3,735 posts, read 2,560,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
I'm not sure about Ohio State. They are playing Michigan in Columbus, so that goes in their favor,..
Texa, Good post.. I'm with ya.. I also think Michigan has looked a little stronger than Ohio State.. but at home in that regular season game against Michigan is big for the Buckeyes. Big Ten is treacherous this year. I actually think Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin are all championship caliber teams. Wisconsin has already taken too many losses, but they hung with both OSU & Michigan.

Clemson looked suspect against NC St, but will probably still slide into the Final Four..
So I'll go, Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington.. I feel 2 Big Ten teams theoretically should be there, but I think the selection committee wouldn't pick a loser of the Big Ten championship game.. Is that how the process will work, have they stated a position, or rule on that (?) Because I think both OSU & Michigan (even with a future head-to-head loss) are better than Clemson..

Old 10-17-2016, 08:25 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
I'm not sure about Ohio State. They are playing Michigan in Columbus, so that goes in their favor, but against the same competition (Wisconsin and Rutgers), I thought Michigan looked more impressive. In the end, it'll probably come down to whichever team is healthier when they play.

I'd put Washington over Baylor, and it will come down to whether either team finishes undefeated. Washington has the Pac 12 championship game so that will probably go in its favor adding another quality win.

Bama is the best team until proven otherwise.
Let's compare...I watched all four games.

Ohio State Rutgers COULD HAVE BEEN 78-0 very easily. However, Not a game I'd use to compare the two.

Ohio St. played Wisconsin at Camp Randall at Night with Wisconsin having a Bye week to prepare. Now having said that, Michigan's win at home against Wisconsin was more convincing. I think Wiscy QB played much better against OSU he had three really nice throws, while he missed open WRs at Ann Arbor. Hats off to him for playing a better game. Not a perfect comparison either.

Michigan in mind has a lot to overcome. Last years 42-13 loss is one of them- in that game Ohio St. went off guard or JT went off tackle the ENTIRE second half. Different year, some of the same Michigan defenders (they return almost everybody) will hopefully be motivated by that beating but this year its in Columbus.

You have to respect the fact that OSU is 2-0 on the road against the #2 Okie and #3 Wiscy teams in the country (win percentage at home since 2002). By the way #1 in that time at home is Ohio St. They will play at Penn St. this week at night again and have a showdown at home against Nebraska.

Michigan will have ONE legit road test prior to THE GAME at Iowa. Has Michigan even left the Michigan state line yet?

I'm interested to see how Michigan's new DC handles OSU spread attack. That is the game IMO.

Now, JT Barrett is not throwing the ball well, the play calling has been suspect the past couple weeks, but if I had to roll into game where both teams are even I'll take Barrett at HOME over Wilton Speight on the road.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:27 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,973,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Let's compare...
All valid points, and until Michigan beats OSU, I expect most of the 'experts' will agree with you. There is still a lot of football to be played, so my pick may change as they have more common opponents to compare against each other, and as injuries take a toll throughout the season. For now I thought Michigan was more impressive, although I agree home versus away for Wisconsin isn't a perfect comparison. I think OSU has the better offense and Michigan the better defense. It should be a good game this year.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:31 PM

75 posts, read 57,865 times
My best guess at this point is Washington, Clemson and Baylor because they have the easiest schedules of the remaining contenders and should go undefeated. Clemson and Washington should win their conference championship games and Baylor plays West Virginia the last game of the season so if they are both undefeated the winner gets in. The final spot will go to whomever wins the Big 10 championship which at this point is a 3 way race between Michigan, Nebraska and Ohio St. I like Harbaugh and the Wolverines to break through this year and make the playoff. It will be interesting to see what the committee does if there are 5 or more undefeated teams at the end of the regular season and how they treat Boise St. and Western Michigan if they go undefeated.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:44 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post

but who is number 4?

1.)Alabama
3.)ohio state
4.)Baylor
Baylor is going to need to run the table to have a shot. They still have to play at Oklahoma and at West Virginia. I put their chances on the lower side to go 12-0 and make the playoffs. I will give them props for play 6 true road games this year.

As of right now:

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. Clemson

Old 10-18-2016, 09:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
I think we can agree unanimously Alabama will not only be there, but will win the entire thing. They are just too awesome. It is almost boring to watch unless, of course you are an Alabama alum.

I would love to see Baylor there as well as Washington. I think Clemson will make it.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:58 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent23 View Post
My best guess at this point is Washington, Clemson and Baylor because they have the easiest schedules of the remaining contenders and should go undefeated. Clemson and Washington should win their conference championship games and Baylor plays West Virginia the last game of the season so if they are both undefeated the winner gets in. The final spot will go to whomever wins the Big 10 championship which at this point is a 3 way race between Michigan, Nebraska and Ohio St. I like Harbaugh and the Wolverines to break through this year and make the playoff. It will be interesting to see what the committee does if there are 5 or more undefeated teams at the end of the regular season and how they treat Boise St. and Western Michigan if they go undefeated.

So then your best guess leaves out Alabama?

Is that correct?

You have:

Washington
Clemson
Baylor

and then:

"whoever wins the Big 10"

Old 10-19-2016, 09:52 AM

578 posts, read 458,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think we can agree unanimously Alabama will not only be there, but will win the entire thing. They are just too awesome. It is almost boring to watch unless, of course you are an Alabama alum.

I would love to see Baylor there as well as Washington. I think Clemson will make it.
clemson almost upset alabama and ohio state upset alabama before.But i do sense alabama is gonna win it all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football