Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 08:21 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,734,325 times

Advertisements

What I don't get is why Clemson was getting a "pass" into the top 4 while UW had to hold it's collective breath. To me UW had a more impressive season in a tougher conference. They blew out most of their opponents and had a better "loss" than Clemson. Heck, Clemson needed a prayer missed FG from NC State to bring game into OT. But somehow Clemson moves up to #2 after barely beating VT while UW drubs Colorado and still has to worry about missing out.

To me both Clemson and UW should have been locks into the top 4. But I know the committee wanted to setup a potential Ohio State-Alabama championship game so didn't want to stick Ohio State at #4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 08:49 AM

578 posts, read 458,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
What I don't get is why Clemson was getting a "pass" into the top 4 while UW had to hold it's collective breath. To me UW had a more impressive season in a tougher conference. They blew out most of their opponents and had a better "loss" than Clemson. Heck, Clemson needed a prayer missed FG from NC State to bring game into OT. But somehow Clemson moves up to #2 after barely beating VT while UW drubs Colorado and still has to worry about missing out.

To me both Clemson and UW should have been locks into the top 4. But I know the committee wanted to setup a potential Ohio State-Alabama championship game so didn't want to stick Ohio State at #4

clemson beat auburn,florida state,lousiville

Who did washington beat as a top team?

And last year clemson almost upsetted alabama!!

And as for ohio state-alabama rematch

ohio state has to get through clemson first!!

which isnt gonna happen!

Old 12-05-2016, 08:59 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
To me the Ohio St. Clemson match-up is an interesting one.

Personally, although I do feel like both are deserving of their respective ranking, they both have been playing sloppy football over the last month.

I THINK, Ohio St. will score quite a bit on that Clemson defense so therefore I think the Buckeye's win, but we all saw last year how Watson can put the team on his back and keep Clemson in any game.

Definitely should be fun to watch.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:01 AM

Auburn is trash. FSU isn't as good as they normally are. We found out Louisville is also not that great.

UW beat Stanford, WSU, Utah, and Colorado. Let me restate that. They drubbed 3 of those 4 teams.

Not saying Clemson shouldn't be in but just confused how Clemson was a lock and somehow UW was 50/50

Old 12-05-2016, 09:21 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Quote:

The reasoning I heard was UW's OOC scheduling. It was the weakest and the meat of their schedule wasn't all that tough compared to the others.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Auburn is trash. FSU isn't as good as they normally are. We found out Louisville is also not that great.

UW beat Stanford, WSU, Utah, and Colorado. Let me restate that. They drubbed 3 of those 4 teams.

Not saying Clemson shouldn't be in but just confused how Clemson was a lock and somehow UW was 50/50
Dude washington had weak schedule!

And again washington did NOT play a top 10 team!!!!

Clemson beat top teams,louisville at the time had a hiesman canadidate!!

Granted auburn,fsu is trash!!
But washington hasnt played anyone!

And lets not forget clemson made it to the championship last year they almost beat bama,lost by a on side kick!Matter of fact clemson outplayed bama last year!

The committee got the rankings right!

Old 12-05-2016, 09:34 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:

Their non-con SOS is pathetic, what saved them was that their division is considered 2nd best in the country this season.

I don't think they were ever in jeopardy, but the talking heads need something to talk about and keep you watching.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Dude washington had weak schedule!

And again washington did NOT play a top 10 team!!!!

Clemson beat top teams,louisville at the time had a hiesman canadidate!!

Granted auburn,fsu is trash!!
But washington hasnt played anyone!

And lets not forget clemson made it to the championship last year they almost beat bama,lost by a on side kick!Matter of fact clemson outplayed bama last year!

The committee got the rankings right!
You might want to look at their schedule again. And last year was last year.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
You might want to look at their schedule again. And last year was last year.
Sat, Sep 3
vs
Rutgers
W 13 - 48
Final
Sat, Sep 10
vs
Idaho
W 14 - 59
Final
Sat, Sep 17
vs
Portland State
W 3 - 41
Final
Sat, Sep 24
@
Arizona
W 35 - 28
Final
Fri, Sep 30
vs
Stanford
W 6 - 44
Final
Sat, Oct 8
@
Oregon
W 70 - 21
Final
Sat, Oct 22
vs
Oregon State
W 17 - 41
Final
Sat, Oct 29
@
Utah
W 31 - 24
Final
Sat, Nov 5
@
California
W 66 - 27
Final
Sat, Nov 12
vs
USC
L 26 - 13
Final
Sat, Nov 19
vs
Arizona State
W 18 - 44
Final
Fri, Nov 25
@
Washington State
W 45 - 17
Final
Video Recap
Fri, Dec 2
vs
Colorado

This was washington's schedule this year NO TOP TEAM that is why they were questioned in the playoffs!They had a weak schedule!!!

Old 12-05-2016, 10:44 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Committee cares more about The Teams you BEAT and less about the close calls you have. And rightfully so.

Very few teams this year can play flawless football for 13 weeks. Your margin for error goes down when you have a tougher SOS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football