Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 01:01 PM

12,890 posts, read 13,201,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
PAC might give the B1G a run for their money. Especially considering how poorly the B1G did in the bowl season.

Sagarin breaks it up by division, but here are his rankings for the 2016 season:

1 SEC-WEST
2 ACC-ATLANTIC
3 ACC-COASTAL
4 PAC-12(NORTH)
5 BIG 12
6 BIG TEN-EAST
7 BIG TEN-WEST
8 SEC-EAST
9 PAC-12(SOUTH)
Seems Sagarin is giving too much credit to the Dinky Dozen (Big 12)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 01:42 PM

4,354 posts, read 4,297,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Year of the Big XII!

jk,

SEC is still the best conference until they prove otherwise.
Well, it will certainly be interesting with Texas and Oklahoma both having shiny new head coaches. Also Okie State is supposed to be really good this year. It won't be long now!!!! (thank goodness)

Old 08-22-2017, 11:59 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,589,680 times
I believe that the SEC is still the best conference, but has the ACC nipping their heels. I keep seeing people talking about the B1G, but let's be honest here... Outside of the top 3-4 teams in the B1G, they would all have sub .500 records in the SEC. I mean come on, imagine Minnesota having to play Bama, Auburn, LSU, Miss. St, Texas A&M, etc, every year.

Looking at this year, I believe the SEC will have 4 top tier type teams (Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia), 4 really good teams (Tennessee, Texas A&M, LSU, Miss. St), 3 okay teams (Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina), and the bottom dwellers (Ole Miss, Vandy, Missouri). When your worst team is going to be either Ole Miss or Mizzou (In my opinion), you are a very strong conference .

Looking at the ACC, I believe they will have 2 top tier teams (Florida State, Clemson), 4 really good teams (Pitt, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Miami), 4 okay teams (Duke, UNC, NC St., Georgia Tech), and the bottom dwellers (Virginia, Boston College, Syracuse, Wake Forest). A lot of good teams, but only a couple that would be good enough to possibly make the Playoffs. Bottom is really, really weak.

Looking at the B1G, I believe they will have 3 top tier type teams (Ohio St, Wisconsin, Penn St), 5 really good teams (Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Minnesota), and the bottom dwellers (Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue, Michigan St.). Very top heavy, lot of garbage at the bottom.

Looking at the Pac-12, I believe they will have 3 top tier teams (USC, Washington, Stanford), 2 really good teams (Colorado, Utah), 4 okay teams (UCLA, Oregon, Washington St, Arizona St), and the bottom dwellers (Cal, Oregon St, Arizona). Top is really good, middle and bottom not so much.

Looking at the Big 12, I believe they will have 2 top tier teams (Oklahoma, Oklahoma St), 2 really good teams (West Virginia, Kansas St), 3 okay teams (Texas, Baylor, TCU), and the bottom dwellers (Iowa St, Kansas, Texas Tech). Top and middle are okay, bottom is garbage.

Note: Top Tier meaning possible playoff birth, really good meaning run at conference championship, okay being bowl teams, bottom dwellers being garbage.

So, I would still rank the SEC first, followed by the ACC, B1G, Pac-12, Big-12. Of course, I will probably be wrong....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football