Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 11:26 AM

944 posts, read 3,954,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I believe Colt Brennan should have attended the Heisman awards, but he's not the same athlete as Troy Smith or Derrick McFadden, and therefore would have placed second.
I totally agree on your # 1 and #2 for this year. My hope is to see Colt Brennan back next year and THEN he would be qualified to win. A single season against a weak schedule isn't enough to qualify, in spite of the records he set.

As for Saturdays vs. Sundays, we can easily see that many of the big-time Sunday players came from teams that weren't even 1-A schools. Their academic records may have disqualified them or maybe their athletic skills developed during college and weren't showing enough in high school to get them recruited.

I think you made some good points in general, though. A weak schedule is inexcusable if you want to be respected as a team and if you want your players to get the recognition they deserve. I'm so sick of my Texas Longhorns playing teams like McNeese State and Rice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 09:32 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Yes!!!!! OU lost!!!
TCU destroyed NIU. Both schools shouldn't have been there. TCU should have played in a better bowl against (sorry Husky fans) a better team.
Texas Tech posted the biggest comback in bowl history. Texas beat Iowa. And let's not forget, Oklahoma got put in their place by an underdog!!!
It's a great day to be a Texas football fan.
That is, if you ignore the Cowboys going into the playoffs as a #5 seed.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:18 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolsfan13 View Post
Go Vols!! Penn State is goin down
Can I uh, hear that repeated again?

Way to go Penn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Old 01-07-2007, 03:25 PM
JJG

National Championship tomorrow. Who are you goin' with?

I pick Florida.
I don't care about Florida, but I'd rather the Gators win becaue OSU is one of the 4 college football teams I CAN'T STAND!

Florida in yet another last second trick play this bowl season:34-31

Man. If Michigan would have made it, I would have someone to cheer for this year.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:14 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
...yet another last second trick play this bowl season...

$%&@*!$# Boise State!

Old 01-07-2007, 04:30 PM

The OU/Boise State game was like watching high school football until the final 10 minutes, which were possibly the best 10 minutes of sports entertainment I've ever seen. It didn't matter to me who won, that was an incredible finish!

Old 01-09-2007, 08:05 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
National Championship tomorrow. Who are you goin' with?

I pick Florida.
I don't care about Florida, but I'd rather the Gators win becaue OSU is one of the 4 college football teams I CAN'T STAND!

Florida in yet another last second trick play this bowl season:34-31

Man. If Michigan would have made it, I would have someone to cheer for this year.
Well the score isn't exactly what I thought, but I WAS RIGHT!

Congrats to Florida.

Believe it or not, this is the 5th year in a row where the school I said to win or wanted to win...WON. I'm on a roll, baby!!!
Since I'm the only one on this post to say who would win, I get all the gloting rights, even though I really don't care about Florida.
Still, great season, Gators.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:17 AM

Speed kills, and Ohio was completely discombobulated by the hyper-fast attack of the Gator offense and defense. And Troy Smith --- wow, I've never seen him so completely neutralized! The Gators prepared well and executed well and blew away the competition.

What does this say about college football in general? It seems like this is the same thing that USC did to Michigan in the Rose Bowl, it was all about speed and execution, instead of the old smash-mouth style that made Michigan and OSU look so good against weaker teams. Is it really all about the "West Coast Offense"?

Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,218 times
$%&@*!$# Boise State!

Old 01-09-2007, 04:25 PM

168 posts, read 763,033 times
Thumbs up Gators #1 Football; #1 Basketball

yeah, baby! go gators! great game! nothing like kicking a little big 10 butt!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football