Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 04:26 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,104,352 times

Advertisements

Not a good week at all to be named Will Grier and wear a gold jersey! Bad outing for sure verse an energetic Kansas team. This performance I believe is a red flag. Still, a win is a win.

Next week, the EERS travel to Ames to take on Iowa State who at this point in the evening look as if they are going to upset Oklahoma State! With OU going down in Dallas, West Virginia has a far better chance to steal this conference, but can’t afford to play like they did today if they want to walk into Ames, Austin, Stillwater, and at home verse OU and win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 08:49 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,560,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Not a good week at all to..wear a gold jersey..
I know nobody asked, but.. I hate West Virginia's yellow jerseys & helmets..
Their '80s dark blue shirts & helmets are one of the best uniforms in college football, my opinion.

I feel for players where the programs have become runways for modelling (& peddling) goofy alternate jerseys. Maryland, Oregon (@ one point). Seems like Va Tech no longer has a standard look either..

Old 10-07-2018, 08:58 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I know nobody asked, but.. I hate West Virginia's yellow jerseys & helmets..
Their '80s dark blue shirts & helmets are one of the best uniforms in college football, my opinion.

I feel for players where the programs have become runways for modelling (& peddling) goofy alternate jerseys. Maryland, Oregon (@ one point). Seems like Va Tech no longer has a standard look either..
Thanks to the Oregon Quacks and their "cutesy little outfits", we're all been subjected to these ridiculous fashion shows!

Let's get back to football uniforms which at least made football players more look like the sport we all remember!

Old 10-14-2018, 06:34 AM

West Virginia is currently out of order, please try your call at a later time.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
West Virginia is currently out of order, please try your call at a later time.
So that's it...

I was thinking I dialed the wrong number!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:50 PM

We are pleased to announce that West Virginia is fully operational again! We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you while we were out of order. Thank you for your patience.

WVU 58 Baylor 14

That felt nice!!!

Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!!

Old 11-03-2018, 06:15 AM

I can’t emphasize enough the importance of this game for West Virginia. If West Virginia wants to stay competitive in conference play and aspire to have national championships at some point in their history, then they have to have a big year this year. The talent level on this team is too great to waste. If they could win out by some miracle, then they are right in the mix for a playoff berth. Just having your name thrown around as relevant feeds recruiting and financial support. If WVU wants to sustain this in the Big 12, they have to perform on the field. Honestly, since West Virginia has been in this conference they have choked at big opportunities. Just last year, we had big games verse TCU and OSU that were winnable, but they choked. 2016 we had Oklahoma in Morgantown with the conference title on the line, and they got blasted. Winning this conference is the biggest step WVU could take this year to secure future success. Not only that, but we have a team this year that can play with anyone! (Exception Alabama)

Today, we need a road win verse Texas. That will position the EERS nicely for a home showdown with OU. Not forgetting games verse TCU and Okie State, but if the WVU team that beat Baylor shows up, they will make it thru those games easily.

Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!!

Old 11-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Hey, Chris, WOW!

That Will Grier and the Wild Mountain Boys played a scary but spectacular game against the Longhorns! So many incredibly great plays at the very end were needed... AND were accomplished by Grier and company in order for this W to materialize! Wow again, and CONGRATS!

Old 11-03-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Hey, Chris, WOW!

That Will Grier and the Wild Mountain Boys played a scary but spectacular game against the Longhorns! So many incredibly great plays at the very end were needed... AND were accomplished by Grier and company in order for this W to materialize! Wow again, and CONGRATS!
Thanks!!!

I can’t even process this right now. I’ve watched a lot of Mountaineer football, but this probably ranks up there as one of the most exciting games all time for us! Will Grier definitely inserted himself back into the Heisman race with his heroic plays!

Great game Texas! That is a good squad you all have, and you all might get a rematch if both win out. They have the tie breaker on OU.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:09 AM

Some highlights from the game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=awdEQDm3Cus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football