Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 07:22 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
So, uh...other than Portland State, i don't see Oregon State winning another game this season...hell, i don't even think they'll beat Cal.
Don't sell my Rams short. Their offense should be stout this year, but the defense will be a huge question mark. I think the Rocky Mountain Showdown with CU next Friday will be a better barometer for how good CSU is. If we smoke the Buffs a Mountain West title isn't out of the question.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:41 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
So, uh...other than Portland State, i don't see Oregon State winning another game this season...hell, i don't even think they'll beat Cal.
I'm not even betting on PSU being a win. There has to be some Vikings still around from their 24-17 win at Washington State and 66-7 win at North Texas back in 2015. They'll be smelling rodent blood!

Old 08-30-2017, 08:19 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,599 times
All right, y'all. It's time for the first picks of the 2017 college football season. Here's the Week 1 games.

Tulsa vs. (8) Oklahoma State
(4) Ohio State vs. Indiana
Colorado State vs. Colorado
Ball State vs. Illinois
Wyoming vs. Iowa
Maryland vs. Texas
NC State vs. South Carolina
(9) Michigan vs. (15) Florida
Troy vs. Boise State
Kentucky vs. Southern Miss
UMass vs. Coastal Carolina
(10) Louisville vs. Purdue
(3) Florida State vs. (1) Alabama
Vanderbilt vs. Mid Tenn State
BYU vs. (14) LSU
Texas A&M vs. UCLA
(20) West Virginia vs. (21) Virginia Tech
(22) Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech

Pick Overall Record: 4-0
Pick Record Last Week: 4-0

Here are my picks.
Tulsa vs. Oklahoma State (Should be an easy start for Oklahoma State.)
Ohio State vs. Indiana (Ohio State bounces back from their embarrassing Fiesta Bowl loss, easily winning this one.)
Colorado State vs. Colorado (Should be a good game, and i think Colorado narrowly edges out the Rams...Oregon State looked horrible last Saturday, and could potentially go 0-12 this season.)
Ball State vs. Illinois (I expect Lovie Smith and the Illini to start off the year good against a MAC opponent.)
Wyoming vs. Iowa (I expect Iowa to win this, but they've been a hell of a wild ride under Ferentz, so them losing to Wyoming wouldn't be too surprising.)
Maryland vs. Texas (Herman starts off the year well in his first game as head coach...Maryland's improving as well, but i don't think they have what it takes to pull off the upset in Austin.)
NC State vs. South Carolina (I'll take NC State by 3 here.)
Michigan vs. Florida (Michigan will take this. If Florida didn't have to deal with suspended players (especially Antonio Callaway), i'd probably take them, but they're suspended, so i think Michigan wins this.)
Troy vs. Boise State (I think Boise State by 11 is a little too much. Troy in a close and really good game that very few people are talking about.)
Kentucky vs. Southern Miss (I can't see Kentucky losing to Southern Miss twice in a row...)
UMass vs. Coastal Carolina (Coastal Carolina starts off their FBS years beating one of the FBS' punching bags.)
Louisville vs. Purdue (Lamar Jackson and company are gonna demolish Purdue.)
Florida State vs. Alabama (Game of the week. This is gonna be a good game, but in the end, Alabama holds on by 7 points or less.)
Vanderbilt vs. Mid Tenn State (Vanderbilt's getting better...plus, they actually have an offense for once.)
BYU vs. LSU (LSU should win this...especially because BYU looked like crap against Portland State, but BYU is as weird a team and unpredictable as Notre Dame is, so don't sleep on the Cougars.)
Texas A&M vs. UCLA (I had a really hard time deciding who to pick here, but i give the edge to UCLA because of Josh Rosen...plus, i don't think Sumlin has it in him anymore.)
West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech (This was also difficult to predict...and i give the edge to West Virginia because of Will Grier. Won't be surprised if the Hokies win, though.)
Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech (I don't think Butch is as good as some people think...and Georgia Tech's triple option is hard to beat...i'll take them in a close one.)

Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
I'd really like to see someone unexpected in the 4 team playoff. I believe USC is over rated- just like every year. The Bama/FSU loser will still be in the hunt. I have to admit that my team- Georgia is also perennially over rated.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:46 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'd really like to see someone unexpected in the 4 team playoff. I believe USC is over rated- just like every year. The Bama/FSU loser will still be in the hunt. I have to admit that my team- Georgia is also perennially over rated.
You're right. USC is usually overrated. However, they have a way of taking down teams when they're overlooked. We'll have to see where they end up later this season.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:21 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,387,599 times
Uh-oh.

Dodd: Ole Miss could be in for massive sanctions

Old 08-31-2017, 06:58 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
What is with the graphic white rectangles on ESPN's broadcast tonight of Ohio State vs. Indiana? Is this a Directv problem?

Old 09-02-2017, 12:55 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Well, missed the first 10 or so games. Way to start behind early

(9) Michigan vs. (15) Florida. With the rate the Gators are going, has the gator mascot gotten suspended for this game yet??
Troy vs. Boise State. Boise on the turf
Kentucky vs. Southern Miss. Don't have a clue about this one.
UMass vs. Coastal Carolina. Neither with this one.
(10) Louisville vs. Purdue. Lamar Jackson show returns!
(3) Florida State vs. (1) Alabama. I'll bite and take the Seminoles.
Vanderbilt vs. Mid Tenn State. Could be a pretty good game.
BYU vs. (14) LSU. I'll take BYU in a slight upset....if you can even count it an upset at all.
Texas A&M vs. UCLA. Texas A&M always starts the season well and fades, this time I think they'll start the season with a loss.
(20) West Virginia vs. (21) Virginia Tech. One of the more intriguing games of the weekend.
(22) Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech. Tennessee will have all off season to prepare for the Georgia Tech option, but I'll still pick tech.

Season: 0-0
Last week: N/A

Old 09-02-2017, 01:28 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
The digital rabbit ears always work great until football season starts.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:34 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Clemson seems to have a QB, and #84 Purdue wasn't as easy as Louisville expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football