Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 04:34 PM

9,702 posts, read 7,370,323 times

Advertisements

18-9 last week brings me to 159-72 on the season.

(25) Toledo vs. Ohio. I'll take the Bobcats at home in this MACtion matchup.
Temple vs. Cincinnati. Oy, who knows??
(8) Washington vs. Stanford. Huskies last chance for a Pac 12 team in the playoffs, but I'll take the Cardinal on the farm.
BYU vs. UNLV. I already know for a fact I am losing this as I ALWAYS lose whether I pick BYU or pick against BYU
Duke vs. Army. Army will have to complete a pass to beat Duke, can they do it??
(20) Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech. The Virginia Tech school in the Tech Bowl.
(18) Michigan State vs. (13) Ohio State. This OSU team stinks, but coming off the beatdown they suffered in Iowa City last weekend unfortunately it is not going to end well for the Spartans in Columbus.
Florida vs. South Carolina. I said last week if Florida lost to Missouri they wouldn't be eligible for a bowl game and well, here we are.
(15) Oklahoma State vs. (24) Iowa State. Pokes bounce back in Ames.
Nebraska vs. Minnesota. And the Mike Reilly countdown clock in Lincoln is officially on.
Wake Forest vs. Syracuse. Toss up.
SMU vs. Navy. Another toss up, and I'll take the home team again.
(2) Georgia vs. (12) Aubrun. As I said earlier in this thread, don't sleep on Auburn when it comes to the playoff. I think at home they'll beat Georgia and set up a match with Alabama in a couple weeks.
West Virginia vs. Kansas State. I'll take the 'Eers on the road.
Iowa vs. (4) Wisconsin. Could be close for a bit, but Wisconsin wins.
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt. I'll take Vandy for bowl eligibility as they'll beat Tennessee Thanksgiving weekend to get them to 6 after this win.

I'll get the rest in later on this week.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:47 PM

455 posts, read 645,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
BTW, how does Georgia lose both Deshaun Watson and this new guy going to Clemson when both grew up in Georgia? That is 100% unacceptable.

Clemson has always heavily recruited the state of Georgia. That's the primary reason Vince Dooley cancelled the annual series between the two teams back in the eighties. It's a classic southern rivalry that needs to be played more often. Maybe it will be revisited this year in the CFP...

Old 11-08-2017, 08:45 PM

8,773 posts, read 10,181,921 times
Quote:
BTW, how does Georgia lose both Deshaun Watson and this new guy going to Clemson when both grew up in Georgia? That is 100% unacceptable.
Same thing happens in North Carolina all the time, see UGA RBs Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley not even giving a look at NC State or UNC, or Duke/Wake Forest/ECU. Granted UGA is a much better football program than any NC school could ever dream to be but still, ouch. I think Georgia will be fine.

Hell, Dominique Wilkins was a NC high-school basketball legend who had zero interest in UNC or State despite both schools battling to recruit him, only for him to end up in you guessed it, Athens. But thats a different discussion.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:53 PM

17,407 posts, read 14,970,649 times
Quote:
Dabo is a hell of a recruiter.

Not kidding about that at all. I think one of the big things is that Dabo points back to the 83.6 graduation rate in the football program.

Finding good numbers is difficult, but that's gotta be a big selling point to parents.. We're going to give your son a scholarship and no matter how good a player he is, if his studies don't hold up, he won't play.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:00 PM

9,702 posts, read 7,370,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
18-9 last week brings me to 159-72 on the season.

(25) Toledo vs. Ohio. I'll take the Bobcats at home in this MACtion matchup.
Temple vs. Cincinnati. Oy, who knows??
(8) Washington vs. Stanford. Huskies last chance for a Pac 12 team in the playoffs, but I'll take the Cardinal on the farm.
BYU vs. UNLV. I already know for a fact I am losing this as I ALWAYS lose whether I pick BYU or pick against BYU
Duke vs. Army. Army will have to complete a pass to beat Duke, can they do it??
(20) Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech. The Virginia Tech school in the Tech Bowl.
(18) Michigan State vs. (13) Ohio State. This OSU team stinks, but coming off the beatdown they suffered in Iowa City last weekend unfortunately it is not going to end well for the Spartans in Columbus.
Florida vs. South Carolina. I said last week if Florida lost to Missouri they wouldn't be eligible for a bowl game and well, here we are.
(15) Oklahoma State vs. (24) Iowa State. Pokes bounce back in Ames.
Nebraska vs. Minnesota. And the Mike Reilly countdown clock in Lincoln is officially on.
Wake Forest vs. Syracuse. Toss up.
SMU vs. Navy. Another toss up, and I'll take the home team again.
(2) Georgia vs. (12) Aubrun. As I said earlier in this thread, don't sleep on Auburn when it comes to the playoff. I think at home they'll beat Georgia and set up a match with Alabama in a couple weeks.
West Virginia vs. Kansas State. I'll take the 'Eers on the road.
Iowa vs. (4) Wisconsin. Could be close for a bit, but Wisconsin wins.
Kentucky vs. Vanderbilt. I'll take Vandy for bowl eligibility as they'll beat Tennessee Thanksgiving weekend to get them to 6 after this win.

I'll get the rest in later on this week.
(10) USC vs. Colorado. Trojans in Boulder.
(19) Washington State vs. Utah. You don't know what you are getting with the Utes from week to week, but this Cougs team is a lot different playing outside of Pullman.
(1) Alabama vs. (21) Mississippi State. Tide in a rout.
Tennessee vs. Missouri. How has Butch not gotten fired yet??
(3) Notre Dame vs. (5) Miami. I took the Canes last week and won, but I am going with the Catholics in this catholic vs. convicts matchup
(9) TCU vs. (7) Oklahoma. Boomer sooner in Norman.
Arizona State vs. UCLA. Bruins defense is beyond pathetic.
Wyoming vs. Air Force. Air Force in a close one.
Boise State vs. Colorado State. Boise State in another close one.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:33 AM

939 posts, read 500,297 times
Sure are a lot of big games this week; 3 BIG ones and even Wisconsin-Iowa, Miss State-Alabama aren't too shabby. I'm kind of floored how Miami-Notre Dame has been advertised as this big rivalry reborn. I remember somewhat the meetings in the late 80's. There isn't much of any history in terms of quantity of big games or classic games. It is basically predicated on the 58-7 final where Jimmy Johnson is accused of running up the score (debatable) and the second time they met since that game three years later; "Catholics vs Convicts" created such a stir, and the game itself was such a classic, that it was enough for everybody to still think of it as a big rivalry still today.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:05 PM

3,487 posts, read 731,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
My guess is that the committee isn't the one which applies the odds, betting lines or point spreads.
umm .. still support the committee ?

Old 11-11-2017, 05:38 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,375,029 times
Georgia's first test as number 1 and they completely crap the bed...There is no parity right now. It's Alabama, and then the rest of the nation is a free-for-all.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:34 PM

455 posts, read 645,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
I'm sure that I am not alone in waiting for UGA to throw up all over themselves one of these weekends, it just seems to be in their DNA. But I'm beginning to think that Kirby may have changed the culture, much like Dabo did at Clemson. Time will tell...
Well... 🤔

Old 11-11-2017, 06:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,656,821 times
auburn beat up georgia today 40-10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football