Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 11:39 PM

17,409 posts, read 14,989,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'd really like to see someone unexpected in the 4 team playoff. I believe USC is over rated- just like every year. The Bama/FSU loser will still be in the hunt. I have to admit that my team- Georgia is also perennially over rated.
I think FSU falls to the #10 area.. Especially with the QB situation. If that's major, which it looked like.. No idea how their backup is.. But looks like we'll find out... I'd also say the favorite for the ACC just swung back to Clemson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Well, missed the first 10 or so games. Way to start behind early

(9) Michigan vs. (15) Florida. With the rate the Gators are going, has the gator mascot gotten suspended for this game yet??
Now.. This game.. Florida had no offense to speak of.. Probably due to the suspensions, at least in part. So.. What does that say about Michigan? We won't find out for at least a month, because they play scrubs until Michigan State. Not saying MSU is a great team, but.. They always play Michigan tough. PSU might be the real test.

Clemson vs Auburn next week got a lot more interesting for me.. I want to see how Clemson plays against a real opponent. I was more expecting a 28-7 win over Kent State. But.. Even 56-3 doesn't mean alot.. But.. 656 yards of offense.. 120 yards allowed..

Old 09-03-2017, 06:07 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
All right, y'all. It's time for the first picks of the 2017 college football season. Here's the Week 1 games.

Tulsa vs. (8) Oklahoma State
(4) Ohio State vs. Indiana
Colorado State vs. Colorado
Ball State vs. Illinois
Wyoming vs. Iowa
Maryland vs. Texas
NC State vs. South Carolina
(9) Michigan vs. (15) Florida
Troy vs. Boise State
Kentucky vs. Southern Miss
UMass vs. Coastal Carolina
(10) Louisville vs. Purdue
(3) Florida State vs. (1) Alabama
Vanderbilt vs. Mid Tenn State
BYU vs. (14) LSU
Texas A&M vs. UCLA
(20) West Virginia vs. (21) Virginia Tech
(22) Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech

Pick Overall Record: 4-0
Pick Record Last Week: 4-0

Here are my picks.
Tulsa vs. Oklahoma State (Should be an easy start for Oklahoma State.)
Ohio State vs. Indiana (Ohio State bounces back from their embarrassing Fiesta Bowl loss, easily winning this one.)
Colorado State vs. Colorado (Should be a good game, and i think Colorado narrowly edges out the Rams...Oregon State looked horrible last Saturday, and could potentially go 0-12 this season.)
Ball State vs. Illinois (I expect Lovie Smith and the Illini to start off the year good against a MAC opponent.)
Wyoming vs. Iowa (I expect Iowa to win this, but they've been a hell of a wild ride under Ferentz, so them losing to Wyoming wouldn't be too surprising.)
Maryland vs. Texas (Herman starts off the year well in his first game as head coach...Maryland's improving as well, but i don't think they have what it takes to pull off the upset in Austin.)
NC State vs. South Carolina (I'll take NC State by 3 here.)
Michigan vs. Florida (Michigan will take this. If Florida didn't have to deal with suspended players (especially Antonio Callaway), i'd probably take them, but they're suspended, so i think Michigan wins this.)
Troy vs. Boise State (I think Boise State by 11 is a little too much. Troy in a close and really good game that very few people are talking about.)
Kentucky vs. Southern Miss (I can't see Kentucky losing to Southern Miss twice in a row...)
UMass vs. Coastal Carolina (Coastal Carolina starts off their FBS years beating one of the FBS' punching bags.)
Louisville vs. Purdue (Lamar Jackson and company are gonna demolish Purdue.)
Florida State vs. Alabama (Game of the week. This is gonna be a good game, but in the end, Alabama holds on by 7 points or less.)
Vanderbilt vs. Mid Tenn State (Vanderbilt's getting better...plus, they actually have an offense for once.)
BYU vs. LSU (LSU should win this...especially because BYU looked like crap against Portland State, but BYU is as weird a team and unpredictable as Notre Dame is, so don't sleep on the Cougars.)
Texas A&M vs. UCLA (I had a really hard time deciding who to pick here, but i give the edge to UCLA because of Josh Rosen...plus, i don't think Sumlin has it in him anymore.)
West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech (This was also difficult to predict...and i give the edge to West Virginia because of Will Grier. Won't be surprised if the Hokies win, though.)
Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech (I don't think Butch is as good as some people think...and Georgia Tech's triple option is hard to beat...i'll take them in a close one.)
didn't see USC on the list; Also noted you had Ohio State 4th; the announcers for the Trojan game last yesterday had USC forth?

Old 09-03-2017, 06:11 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
All I can say is: it was a really fun afternoon and evening. My favorite time of the year: football: cool weather for some of us and the baseball season (which I love baseball) is winding down.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:29 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,375,682 times
LOL Texas A&M...

Old 09-03-2017, 10:16 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,766,923 times
Has anyone noticed that the FS1 broadcast of the UCLA/Texas A@M is delayed? Seriously, the sunset in LA happened over an hour ago but the broadcast still shows the sun up. Disclosure? Really Fox? EDIT: This game was indeed delayed on FS1, and it is over. Won't spoil it here, but geez Fox, you can do better than this in announcing what we are seeing. Really.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 09-03-2017 at 10:26 PM..

Old 09-04-2017, 06:21 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,578,421 times
WOW!

John Rosen (the chosen) played an incredibly super game in the 4th Quarter!

Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 AM

9,704 posts, read 7,376,270 times
Can Texas A&M fire Sumlin already and not even wait until the end of the season, because barring an unforeseen miracle, he's gone end of year anyways. Even for that program that was bad!

Old 09-05-2017, 04:15 AM

6,003 posts, read 8,994,368 times
What a weekend of football, capped off with an incredible game last night (Tenn vs GT)!

Old 09-05-2017, 04:19 AM

What a game last night...anyway, 13-5 on picks in Week 1. And with that, here's my Top 25 for next week.

#1: Alabama (1-0)
#2: Penn State (1-0) +1
#3: Ohio State (1-0) +1
#4: USC (1-0) -2
#5: Clemson (1-0) +1
#6: Washington (1-0) +1
#7: Oklahoma State (1-0) +1
#8: Michigan (1-0) +1
#9: Wisconsin (1-0) +2
#10: Auburn (1-0) +2
#11: Louisville (1-0) -1
#12: Florida State (0-1) -9
#13: LSU (1-0) +1
#14: Miami (1-0) -1
#15: Oklahoma (1-0) +2
#16: Georgia (1-0)
#17: Stanford (1-0) +1
#18: Kansas State (1-0) +1
#19: Virginia Tech (1-0) +2
#20: Tennessee (1-0) +2
#21: Nebraska (1-0) +2
#22: Washington State (1-0) +2
#23: UCLA (1-0) NEW
#24: West Virginia (0-1) -4
#25: Boise State (1-0) NEW

Old 09-07-2017, 07:09 AM

All right, y'all. Time for week two picks. Here are the games this week.

Ohio vs. Purdue
USF vs. Connecticut
Northwestern vs. Duke
(11) Louisville vs. North Carolina
Iowa vs. Iowa State
Wake Forest vs. Boston College
Pittsburgh vs. (2) Penn State
Mid Tenn State vs. Syracuse
Indiana vs. Virginia
TCU vs. Arkansas
(21) Nebraska vs. Oregon
Marshall vs. NC State
(10) Auburn vs. (5) Clemson
South Carolina vs. Missouri
(15) Oklahoma vs. (3) Ohio State
Mississippi State vs. Louisiana Tech
(16) Georgia vs. Notre Dame
Memphis vs. UCF
Western Kentucky vs. Illinois
(17) Stanford vs. (4) USC
Minnesota vs. Oregon State
Utah vs. BYU
Houston vs. Arizona
(25) Boise State vs. (22) Washington State

Pick Overall Record: 17-5
Pick Record Last Week: 13-5

Here are my picks.
Ohio vs. Purdue (Purdue looks a lot better already under Brohm than they did under Hazell...i mean come on, they almost beat Louisville. I can't see them losing to Ohio after that.)
USF vs. Connecticut (USF has not impressed me this year...but they should beat Connecticut.)
Northwestern vs. Duke (Tough one to pick, this is a guess.)
Louisville vs. North Carolina (Louisville should bounce back from their opener, and easily beat the Tar Heels.)
Iowa vs. Iowa State (Iowa wins a close one.)
Wake Forest vs. Boston College (This is also a guess.)
Pittsburgh vs. Penn State (I don't see Penn State losing to Pittsburgh again.)
Mid Tenn State vs. Syracuse (Syracuse is getting better. I'll take them here by about 10-17 points.)
Indiana vs. Virginia (Bronco has got a really long road ahead of him at Virginia...Indiana by a field goal.)
TCU vs. Arkansas (I see TCU getting revenge on Arkansas from last year, but i won't be surprised if Arkansas wins...if Bielema wants to keep his job, this is a game he must win.)
Nebraska vs. Oregon (Nebraska's defense sucks, and to make it worse, Oregon has one hell of an offense...gonna be a long, long game for the Huskers.)
Marshall vs. NC State (Wolfpack should bounce back from the South Carolina loss.)
Auburn vs. Clemson (I expect Auburn to be a threat in the West this year, but they're facing a Clemson team that's loaded with talent...on both offense and defense. I'm not counting out Auburn, but it's hard to see them winning at Death Valley...)
South Carolina vs. Missouri (Missouri is a very, very dangerous team like Texas Tech was the past two seasons - all offense, very little defense. They're gonna win a game or two that they shouldn't this year, and if luck goes their way, may even win the East. I'll take the Tigers here...)
Oklahoma vs. Ohio State (Lincoln Riley's first big game...and unfortunately, it's at Columbus. Oklahoma has talent on offense and defense...And while i expect Baker Mayfield to play his balls off, i'm giving a slight edge to Ohio State here.)
Mississippi State vs. Louisiana Tech (This game, to me, along with LSU, will prove if Mississippi State's gonna be a threat in the West. Not enough to win it, though...but a threat.)
Georgia vs. Notre Dame (Georgia doesn't have Eason for this game...they have a stellar running game, but a running game can't help you win every time. And Notre Dame looks better than they did last year...Honestly picking the Irish here.)
Memphis vs. UCF (The only out-of-order slot game...I'll take UCF at home against Memphis. Memphis has lost some of their luster.)
Western Kentucky vs. Illinois (Illinois had trouble beating Ball State...seriously? Tote this L to Western Kentucky, Illini.)
Stanford vs. USC (My upset pick of the week. David Shaw has a knack for beating other teams in the state of California, and USC had trouble with a Western Michigan team that lost their coach last year...)
Minnesota vs. Oregon State (Yes, i know how Minnesota looked against Buffalo...but this Oregon State team sucks...)
Utah vs. BYU (BYU has looked like trash...i don't know why they're favored against Utah, but it may be because it's at Provo...still, though, taking Utah here.)
Houston vs. Arizona (This one is another pretty difficult one...this is another guessing pick for me.)
Boise State vs. Washington State (Washington State finally beat an FCS team, and they get Boise State at Pullman. Gonna take the Cougars here.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football