Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times

Advertisements

Last week: 17-7 overall: 191-88

Old 11-22-2017, 11:56 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,026 times
Regarding rivalry week, wouldn't UVA vs UMD be a better and truer rival now over Va Tech?

Old 11-22-2017, 12:36 PM

Last week: 17-7
Overall: 191-88

Ole Miss vs. (22) Mississippi State. Ole Miss ain't good, but in the Egg Bowl, I think they can at least keep it close for a half or even 3 quarters.
Northern Illinois vs. Central Michigan. Toss up game for me.
Navy vs. Houston. The Navy in Houston.
Missouri vs. Arkansas. 2 teams going in completely different directions, like 2 ships passing in the night. Missouri with a strong end of season has likely saved their coach for a 3rd season, while Arkansas is floundering yet again under Bieliema and will be looking for a new coach in Fayetteville for next season.
(13) USF vs. (10) UCF. It's too bad Houston had to go and beat USF, but this should still be a pretty good game.
Iowa vs. Nebraska. Iowa on the road in Lincoln.
Virginia Tech vs. Virginia. If UVA can't beat them this year, at home with the Hokies floundering at the end of the season, when will they beat them again??
Texas Tech vs. Texas. Nice first season for Tom Herman in Austin will end with a win.
Cal vs. UCLA. Sure, UCLA hasn't lost at home, but with each team at 5-6 I wonder if UCLA has any motivation to play in a low tier bowl game?? I'm thinking Cal would have more motivation for that crappy bowl game considering I thought they'd be one of the worst teams in the conference, then UCLA does.
Florida State vs. Florida. Pillow fight!!!!!!!!!!! And is it too late to relegate this game to Comedy Central??
(7) Georgia vs. Georgia Tech. Georgia wins, but closer then what the experts think.
Louisville vs. Kentucky. I'll take Kentucky. Throughout the season they have been more consistent than the Cardinals.
(9) Ohio State vs. Michigan. Ohio State beats Michigan............again as the pressure mounts on Jim Harbaugh this off season.
Indiana vs. Purdue. I'll take Indiana to win the Old Oaken Bucket.
Duke vs. Wake Forest. Another toss up for me.
(1) Alabama vs. (6) Auburn. I go back to my motto for picking Alabama games the last couple of years: Keep picking Alabama until they lose, and even then you might need a second loss to justify picking against them. Sure, this is as good of a chance as any for the Tide to lose, but until they actually do lose, keep rolling with them.
Iowa State vs. Kansas State. K-State had a good win @ Oklahoma State last week, I think they continue and beat the Cyclones at home.
(4) Wisconsin vs. Minnesota. Wiscy needs to put up some style points, especially if Alabama ends up losing.
(21) Boise State vs. Fresno State. They'll win this week, and then again next week.
West Virginia vs. (3) Oklahoma. Whether or not Mayfield plays is irrelevant, Oklahoma is not losing this game.
Vanderbilt vs. Tennessee. Good news for Tennessee fans: You only have 60 minutes of bad football left to watch this season.
Arizona vs. Arizona State. Even on the road I'll take the Wildcats in a close one.
(5) Clemson vs. South Carolina. I'll bite and take the upset.
Texas A&M vs. (20) LSU. Kevin Sumlin start updating your resume.
(14) Notre Dame vs. (18) Stanford. ND if Love doesn't play which he probably shouldn't as he should rest up for next weekend against USC since I believe the Huskies are going to win the Apple Cup.
(16) Washington State vs. (15) Washington. Huskies take home the Apple Cup for the second straight year, and deny the Cougars a chance to win the North for the second straight year.
Colorado vs. Utah. Another bowl elimination game. Still can't believe Utah ended up losing that game last week in Washington, but think they'll get win #6 here and go bowling.
Utah State vs. Air Force. No idea in this one.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:27 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Canes are going DOWN!!!

Old 11-24-2017, 01:34 PM

939 posts, read 505,302 times
Miami looked outclassed both sides of the football. This is what we suspected for so long, but after those prime time performances a few weeks back, it looked as though Miami was sort of a team of destiny. Definitely would be outside my top 4 as of today before we know what happens Saturday. Oklahoma would replace them if I had a vote, to go along with Clemson, Alabama, and Wisconsin. If Miami beats Clemson, especially convincingly, they could well make their way back in. But they sure didn't look close to being even a top 10 team today.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:12 PM

My top 4 as of now:

#1 Bama
#2 Clemson
#3 Oklahoma
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Auburn
#6 Georgia

The entire top 5 or even top 6 could change depending on what happens on Saturday.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Arizona vs. Arizona State (Arizona should win this.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Arizona vs. Arizona State. Even on the road I'll take the Wildcats in a close one.
i hope that arizona does win this game, as it would put the cats at 8-4 on the season, and second place in the pac12 south. and it would put us in line for getting a bowl bid like the holiday bowl, or something similar.

however, the ASU running game is on a par with the arizona running game, and the cats are hurting on the defensive line, so the defense wont be at its best against the run.

ASU on the other hand seems to be healthy on defense, and will give arizona fits in its running game.

this does seem to be a high scoring affair tomorrow, and it will likely come down to who scores last. i am going to call this one for arizona 48-45 over ASU. we shall see.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:38 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
I had no idea that the Big 12 brought back their conference title game for the first time since 2010.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:52 PM

Also, this UCF - USF game has been very entertaining.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:15 PM

Let me amend that, this UCF - USF game has been insane. This 4th quarter has been nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football