Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 02:46 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Official: Jimbo Fisher will be the Aggies' next choice, and will not choice the UL Monroe game tomorrow.

SEC West coaches as of now...

Alabama: Nick Saban
Arkansas: ???
Auburn: Gus Malzahn
LSU: Ed Orgeron
Mississippi State: Joe Moorhead
Ole Miss: Matt Luke
Texas A&M: Jimbo Fisher

Mother of god.
At least A&M will continue to disappoint for a few more seasons.....

Old 12-01-2017, 03:43 PM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
as big as texas is and with all the talent there any one of the top schools should have been dominant for the last 20 years and the next 20 ... imagine Nick Sabin having been at texas most of his career .

Old 12-01-2017, 04:33 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
I think Jimbo will have better pass offenses than typically seen in SEC. It was probably a good move with Richct at Miami, Strong at South Florida, and Mullen at Florida. He's competing with less experienced head coaches with no national titles in Texas for recruits, and Uni of Texas is struggling.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:06 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Stanford tonight. Playing virtually a home game in Santa Clara, already losing once to USC this year I’ll take the Cardinal in the pac 12 title game. Rest of picks later tonight.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Stanford tonight. Playing virtually a home game in Santa Clara, already losing once to USC this year I’ll take the Cardinal in the pac 12 title game. Rest of picks later tonight.
This one already started
Ill take
FAU
UCF
CLEMSON
AUBURN
FRESNO STATE
AND WISCONSIN

Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Yah I noticed that like 5 minutes after I posted that in the parking lot of a restaurant I was meeting a friend at. Thought the game started at 9, not 8 (8:30??) and figured they'd be kicking off, or right about to kick off. Anyways, since Stanford was already losing 17-7 at the time (when I walked into said restaurant and was in the 2nd quarter) I don't think anyone's going to have a problem with that pick sticking....not that I even know who won the game anyways.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
North Texas vs. Florida Atlantic. Lane Kiffin has spent the entire week trolling Tennessee that I wonder if he actually knows his team is playing for a conference title
Akron vs. Toledo. Rockets in the MACtion matchup. Kinda weird that this is on Saturday. Usually the MAC title game is on Friday when it has the stage to itself, on Saturday it gets lost in the shuffle (and even moreso with college basketball now starting to take on a more prominent Saturday role)
(12) Memphis vs. (9) UCF. My "upset of the week" because you can hardly call TCU beating Oklahoma, Miami beating Clemson, or Ohio State beating Wisconsin (or is it the other way around??) an "upset." UCF handed Memphis their only loss of the year back in late September. Memphis returns the favor and steals the New Years Six bowl
(15) TCU vs. (1) Oklahoma. Probably closer the second time around and right in TCU's back yard in Arlington right down the highway from TCU in Fort Worth, but Oklahoma is the better team and I think they pull out a close one.
(4) Georgia vs. (5) Auburn. Another game that will definitely be closer than the first matchup, also in Georgia's back yard, but once again Auburn is playing so well right now that I think they pull it out.
(20) Troy vs. Arkansas State. Is the Sun Belt the last remaining FBS conference that doesn't have a conference championship game??
(7) Miami vs. (3) Clemson. Not picking against Clemson again this week.
(10) Ohio State vs. (2) Wisconsin. And if my other results hold, prepare for about 12 hours of $!t$hing back and forth between Urban Meyer and Nick Saban for the final playoff spot

Old 12-02-2017, 07:36 AM

I forgot

ToeLeeeeeeeeeedo
And
Oklahoma OK!

Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I think Jimbo will have better pass offenses than typically seen in SEC. It was probably a good move with Richct at Miami, Strong at South Florida, and Mullen at Florida. He's competing with less experienced head coaches with no national titles in Texas for recruits, and Uni of Texas is struggling.
I don't think South Florida would really be much competition for a Florida State HC when it comes to recruiting. Look at the history of the FSU program vs. South Florida and factor in the FSU is in a Power 5 conference vs. American conference means more exposure in the ACC.

Texas is not going to be a cakewalk for Jimbo to recruit in, regardless of the fact that he's a TA&M, a program that has not exactly done a whole lot in the last 4 years.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:11 PM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
silly announcer just said auburn was playing bama for the sec championship .. wonder if he will correct it ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football