Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2019, 11:26 PM

31,924 posts, read 34,421,649 times

Advertisements

I'm making a bold prediction for the NC game: The Tigers will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 11:27 PM

3,385 posts, read 2,775,566 times
Great game. I’m gonna let the biased fan get to me and say that OSU lost this one. Clemson had a Heckuva of a last series though

The four step non fumble call frustrating

Ryan Day play calls inside the 10 first quarter equally frustrating

Yes It was targeting. Yes momentum killer. Crazy how Sunshine popped up off the turf after the soccer flop and led his team.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'm making a bold prediction here for the NC game: The Tigers will win.
I see a 30-17 type LSU win.
The Clemson WR are soft. The LSU WR are better than OSU and Burrow can spin it.

I think it is easy money on LSU

Old 12-28-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
That was a tricky one. On the one hand, it looked like he was struggling to establish possession in real-time since he could never really reel it in. It looked different in slow motion, however. On the other hand, the call on the field was a fumble, and I'm not sure I was totally convinced that he didn't establish possession. So as an OSU, I think your frustration is reasonable.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:34 PM

17,404 posts, read 14,958,803 times
Quote:
Great game. I’m gonna let the biased fan get to me and say that OSU lost this one. Clemson had a Heckuva of a last series though

Ryan Day play calls inside the 10 first quarter equally frustrating

Yes It was targeting. Yes momentum killer. Crazy how Sunshine popped up off the turf after the soccer flop and led his team.

It was a great game.. I'm surprised Clemson won with how they played. Awful. They just played good when it mattered most.

The no-fumble.. Close. That, honestly, could have gone either way, IMO. Yeah, he held the ball quite a while, but.. You also have to admit that he never made a "Football Move" He secured possession.. barely. But never turned upfield or anything.

The question I would ask.. Had he hit the ground and the ball popped out.. Would you call it a catch? I wouldn't.. And that's why I don't think it was a fumble.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I see a 30-17 type LSU win.
The Clemson WR are soft. The LSU WR are better than OSU and Burrow can spin it.

I think it is easy money on LSU
I don't think their receivers are soft. Certainly not their best night. Their receiving corps are about equal IMO.

Okudah is a baller. He should have a long and prosperous pro career.

The issue is going to be slowing down Burrow, which I'm not confident any team in American can do.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That was a tricky one. On the one hand, it looked like he was struggling to establish possession in real-time since he could never really reel it in. It looked different in slow motion, however. On the other hand, the call on the field was a fumble, and I'm not sure I was totally convinced that he didn't establish possession. So as an OSU, I think your frustration is reasonable.
My initial thought... the fact that it was called a fumble makes it hard to overturn.

Slow it down and it is possession and four steps (including a football move up field)

It was called correctly at the moment but then I don’t know how it was overturned.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It was a great game.. I'm surprised Clemson won with how they played. Awful. They just played good when it mattered most.

The no-fumble.. Close. That, honestly, could have gone either way, IMO. Yeah, he held the ball quite a while, but.. You also have to admit that he never made a "Football Move" He secured possession.. barely. But never turned upfield or anything.

The question I would ask.. Had he hit the ground and the ball popped out.. Would you call it a catch? I wouldn't.. And that's why I don't think it was a fumble.
Moot question...he didn’t go to the ground
Easy...Close call stay with the initial call on the field. No clear and convincing evidence the other way

OSU made a lot of silly mistakes definitely not their best effort either

Old 12-28-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
My initial thought... the fact that it was called a fumble makes it hard to overturn.
I can't disagree with you there. Call on the field is a catch and fumble. Looks unclear on replay. Therefore, call stands. Touchdown Ohio State.

Old 12-28-2019, 11:43 PM

I was a bit surprised that Clemson's playcalling was so boring and unimaginative. Ryan Day outcoached Clemson's entire staff for 3 quarters.

I think it was the targeting call (maybe) where it was 3rd and 6 or something and Clemson calls this super long developing pass play. You have to know the defense is coming in that situation. I'm not even sure why you'd call a play like that under the circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football