Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2019, 09:54 PM

3,385 posts, read 2,774,018 times

Advertisements

Scenarios...
Probably 90% chance OSU and Clemson win. If LSU wins too it will be

OSU
LSU
Clemson

Utah if they win, or Oklahoma if Utah suffers loss or possibly Oklahoma if it destroys Baylor.

If Utah and Oklahoma lose it is Baylor.

The other scenario...Georgia beats LSU
It is...
OSU
Clemson
Georgia
LSU

-OSU and LSU are locks.
-Georgia controls their own destiny
-If Clemson loses they are out
-Utah needs to win, LSU win and They probably need Oklahoma to lose or win in a non-convincing fashion.
-Baylor needs to win, LSU win and a Utah loss

OSU, LSU, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Utah, Baylor...teams in play for the title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 07:20 AM

1,149 posts, read 441,694 times
You have to go all the way back to early November 2011 to find the last time Alabama and the New England Patriots lost on the same weekend.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:50 AM

17,398 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
Many coaches getting the axe in recent days. I was surprised by the Boston College move, as they tend to stay lax and I don't see the next head coach being any more successful there.
Noooo! I didn't hear about Addazio.. I so looked forward to that game every year.. Just to watch him get red faced and near a stroke on the sidelines.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:48 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,363,396 times
Something to be worried about for Rutgers: Look how good Edsall 2.0 has been for the UConn Huskies since coming back to Connecticut. Better conference means better teams (and the better division of the 2 as well with yearly games against Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State and Ohio State), and more competition for those recruits he was able to grab his first go around. Ray Rice in 2007 may have wanted to be a big fish in a small pond and put Rutgers on the map and prove he should've been recruited by power 5 teams more. He's not going to have that advantage anymore since they will be going after the same players. They should be better than 2-12 or whatever they usually are, but for fans and people that think they are automatically going to a bowl game with an 8-4 record because Schiano is back in Piscataway are sadly mistaken and will be in for a rude awakening. I still think it's going to be at least 2 years before they even qualify for a bowl game and than probably 4 or 5 years until they are a Big 10 championship contender. Will Schiano still be around then??

Old 12-02-2019, 04:48 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,240,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I still think it's going to be at least 2 years before they even qualify for a bowl game and than probably 4 or 5 years until they are a Big 10 championship contender. Will Schiano still be around then??
When you have Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan in your same division, unless a giant meteor takes out all 3 football teams simultaneously, Rutgers will NEVER be a Big 10 championship contender!

Old 12-02-2019, 05:20 PM

31,897 posts, read 34,410,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Scenarios...
Probably 90% chance OSU and Clemson win. If LSU wins too it will be

OSU
LSU
Clemson

Utah if they win, or Oklahoma if Utah suffers loss or possibly Oklahoma if it destroys Baylor.

If Utah and Oklahoma lose it is Baylor.

The other scenario...Georgia beats LSU
It is...
OSU
Clemson
Georgia
LSU

-OSU and LSU are locks.
-Georgia controls their own destiny
-If Clemson loses they are out
-Utah needs to win, LSU win and They probably need Oklahoma to lose or win in a non-convincing fashion.
-Baylor needs to win, LSU win and a Utah loss

OSU, LSU, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, Utah, Baylor...teams in play for the title
LSU and Ohio State will be in a fight to the death for that No. 1 seed. Nobody wants any parts of Clemson in a semi-final game in Atlanta.

Old 12-02-2019, 10:41 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,363,396 times
If LSU beats Georgia I don't see anyway how they CAN'T be #1 in the final rankings.

Old 12-03-2019, 12:06 AM

17,398 posts, read 14,945,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
LSU and Ohio State will be in a fight to the death for that No. 1 seed. Nobody wants any parts of Clemson in a semi-final game in Atlanta.

Ohio State shouldn't want any part of Clemson in a bowl game. It's never ended well for them.

Coach gets fired for punching a player.. Get Shutout.. I mean, when the LEAST embarrassing thing that's happened to you is to lose 40-35.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:05 AM

3,385 posts, read 2,774,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
If LSU beats Georgia I don't see anyway how they CAN'T be #1 in the final rankings.
When OSU jumped LSU after a somewhat lackluster 11 point win over #8 team last week. It was over. I didn’t necessarily agree with it either.

Now add a 29 point win on the road against #13.
Signed sealed and delivered.

MAYBE we have a case with a close OSU win and an LSU blowout where their defense keeps the Dawgs in check. I think the Committee wants to see their defense on a championship level.

Interesting note to OSU they have FOUR victories over teams playing in their conference Championship game this weekend.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:30 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,240,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Interesting note to OSU they have FOUR victories over teams playing in their conference Championship game this weekend.
True, but three of them are from the Group of 5 and two of those aren't even ranked, FAU and Miami-OH, and the 4th, Wisconsin, were already destroyed 38-7 this year by Ohio State and I'm a Big Ten fan and would love to see Ohio State win it all.

Last edited by cjseliga; 12-03-2019 at 05:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football