Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Quickest return to prominence
Nebraska 1 2.94%
Miami 6 17.65%
USC 17 50.00%
Tennessee 3 8.82%
Texas 4 11.76%
Florida ST 9 26.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 12:46 PM

1,982 posts, read 973,595 times

Advertisements

Pitt Panthers

They are on the rise with the 11-2 season this year, a coach who can recruit well, and a bunch of talent returns in 2022. The schedule gets more difficult next season with WVU and Tennessee, but the ACC is down, and Pitt can really be it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2021, 01:29 PM

103 posts, read 52,717 times
Usc

Old 12-11-2021, 07:38 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Pitt Panthers

They are on the rise with the 11-2 season this year, a coach who can recruit well, and a bunch of talent returns in 2022. The schedule gets more difficult next season with WVU and Tennessee, but the ACC is down, and Pitt can really be it again.
Agree. They are also in Western PA, nicely situated in PA and Ohio recruiting ground. They should be able to recruit those next level players that don’t quite make the cut for PSU or Ohio State.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:45 AM

1,982 posts, read 973,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. They are also in Western PA, nicely situated in PA and Ohio recruiting ground. They should be able to recruit those next level players that don’t quite make the cut for PSU or Ohio State.
I think pretty soon if they aren't already, Pitt will be taking recruits from Penn State. Not Ohio State because they are one of the best programs in the nation.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:54 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Pitt Panthers

Being a life long Penn State fan I do wish Pitt football the best, but this season sort of reminds me of the 2019 LSU one, minus going undefeated and winning the national title of course.

Pitt football offensive coordinator Mark Whipple just resigned and Kenny Pickett is graduating, if Pitt can keep up the winning from this year into the future, that would obviously be great for the program.

I guess with the ACC being "down", that does help them, as compared to LSU being in the SEC, but I get this weird feeling it could be 2020/2021 LSU all over again, where Joe Burrow got drafted and Joe Brady, their passing game coordinator/receivers coach from that championship season left for the NFL (and who just recently got fired by the Carolina Panthers).

I just see some eerie similarities, I guess the big questions are who is Pitt's new OC and who is their starting QB next year?

Not too many programs are "plug and play" or "next man up", except maybe Alabama and Ohio State, just look at Clemson this year, while 9-3 is great for most college teams, it's probably considered a failure in their eyes!

Old 12-17-2021, 06:53 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,926 times
Usc and Texas. With the new nil rule I expect Texas and USC to sign top 5 recruiting classes every year. Texas just needs the right coach

Old 12-17-2021, 01:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
With Cristobal going to Miami and with Clemson not being as dominant as in years past, my thoughts are with Miami mainly because they are in the ACC where the competition should not be as stiff as SEC or BIG10.
Tennessee is trending upward and should continue to do so but the SEC is a much tougher conference.
USC may move up in the PAC 12 but is not likely to be competitive against SEC or BIG10 teams.
Pitt being the ACC champ leads me to believe the same.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:12 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
I think pretty soon if they aren't already, Pitt will be taking recruits from Penn State. Not Ohio State because they are one of the best programs in the nation.
No, they definitely aren’t beating out Penn State yet for in-state recruits, and they will need more than one good season to do so. James Franklin is a PA guy born and raised, and one of the best recruiters in the country. He has beaten out Ohio State for some top recruits in the Western part of the state. Pitt may every once in a while win a solid local recruit, but as a whole, the top top in-state talent definitely choses PSU over Pitt. In large part because of James Franklin.

Old 12-20-2021, 08:00 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Southern California should be able to turnaround and win quickly.

Florida State had its success under Bobby Bowden.

Miami has not been consistent enough in the Atlantic Coast Conference, and has rode a carousel of coaches.

Tennessee ran out of gas quickly and trended downward in the Southeastern Conference. I hope the program can build on the the 2021 season and give Josh Heupel a chance to trend upward.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:20 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Florida State was eventually run into the ground by Jimbo Fisher and has yet to show signs of recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football