Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times

Advertisements

Saturday's match up between Georgia and Alabama should be good

If Alabama wins, I don't think that means Georgia was over rated, it means there is another powerhouse in the SEC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 10:48 AM

142 posts, read 524,228 times
This is all more for the arguement of having a playoff. Where this could all be settled on th field. But I have to say, I don't recall the last time USC last lost to a SEC team. I know we beat Arkansas pretty good the last two times we played them, and once they had a pretty good year. I know we shut out Auburn a few years ago. I don't know maybe we caught them on bad years, but I do know that SC doesn't schedule Div II teams, or even mid majors.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I remember that game, they won at Oklahoma too. I assume they're playing in Fort Worth this week right?
Nope Norman. OU this year is better than in 05, I expect a blowout..... Sooner style!!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
This is all more for the arguement of having a playoff. Where this could all be settled on th field. But I have to say, I don't recall the last time USC last lost to a SEC team. I know we beat Arkansas pretty good the last two times we played them, and once they had a pretty good year. I know we shut out Auburn a few years ago. I don't know maybe we caught them on bad years, but I do know that SC doesn't schedule Div II teams, or even mid majors.

Too bad there is only ONE team from the sorry Pac10 in the top 25 (USC). USC has a creampuff schedule due to the fact they play in the Pac10. Mountain West just wiped up the pac10, what does that say?

Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Too bad there is only ONE team from the sorry Pac10 in the top 25 (USC). USC has a creampuff schedule due to the fact they play in the Pac10. Mountain West just wiped up the pac10, what does that say?
Well I guess that says exactly what you just wrote, the Pac 10 is weak, with the exception of USC. Who happens to be the #1 team in the country, by a wide landslide I might add. Don't fault USC because of their cream puff conference schedule, or that their 3 non conference games with Virginia, Ohio State and Notre Dame all suck. At least they don't play the Troy States of the world like some teams do.

You know that sorry UCLA team that just got their butts handed to them by BYU. Their only win in their sorry season was against an SEC team in Tenn. that was ranked 18th at the time. Oh I guess they suck too this year. I just wonder when was the last time an SEC team beat USC??? I'll have to look it up.

Last edited by SoCalif; 09-23-2008 at 01:26 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 02:27 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I remember that game, they won at Oklahoma too. I assume they're playing in Fort Worth this week right?
No, they're back in Norman........

Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,438 times
I just think the PAC-10 is going through a weak phase, in the next few years they should come back to what they were.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I just think the PAC-10 is going through a weak phase, in the next few years they should come back to what they were.
I dont know. I think they are on the way down, the SEC is on the top the Big Ten is at the bottom and the Big Twelve is on the way up.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
yes, tenn is horrible. UCLA beat them in overtime. did you see what florida did to them in tenn? USC playing arkansas would be like LSU playing washington st year in and year out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
Well I guess that says exactly what you just wrote, the Pac 10 is weak, with the exception of USC. Who happens to be the #1 team in the country, by a wide landslide I might add. Don't fault USC because of their cream puff conference schedule, or that their 3 non conference games with Virginia, Ohio State and Notre Dame all suck. At least they don't play the Troy States of the world like some teams do.

You know that sorry UCLA team that just got their butts handed to them by BYU. Their only win in their sorry season was against an SEC team in Tenn. that was ranked 18th at the time. Oh I guess they suck too this year. I just wonder when was the last time an SEC team beat USC??? I'll have to look it up.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM

I totally agree with you in this post. But USC whipping Auburn is like...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
yes, tenn is horrible. UCLA beat them in overtime. did you see what florida did to them in tenn? USC playing arkansas would be like LSU playing washington st year in and year out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football