Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

They'd have felt stupid if those penalties had helped UT score on the kick return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 07:00 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
As far as im concerned out season is over. We had a chance to win a national championship and we didn't want it it showed in our play, hope the guys like playing in the non bcs bowl cause thats where we belong.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,349,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
As far as im concerned out season is over. We had a chance to win a national championship and we didn't want it it showed in our play, hope the guys like playing in the non bcs bowl cause thats where we belong.
I feel your pain, in the same boat with Michigan. I don't even want to think about the OSU game! I imagine Bo Schembechler is spinning in his grave right about now! Thank goodness for the Red Wings!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
I feel your pain, in the same boat with Michigan. I don't even want to think about the OSU game! I imagine Bo Schembechler is spinning in his grave right about now! Thank goodness for the Red Wings!

You might lose this year but I really believe Rodriguez is going to out together a good team there and the spread is gonna win you guys a whole lot of games once he brings in his guys.

I dont know it seems it would be easier if I knew Texas was bad than every week going through the stress of playing a tough game only to lose. I dont know who made our schedule but obviously they did not like us making us play those four teams week after week.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
You might lose this year but I really believe Rodriguez is going to out together a good team there and the spread is gonna win you guys a whole lot of games once he brings in his guys.

I dont know it seems it would be easier if I knew Texas was bad than every week going through the stress of playing a tough game only to lose. I dont know who made our schedule but obviously they did not like us making us play those four teams week after week.
The schedule was made long before the teams were known to be that good Packersnut.

The Horns definitely had a tough schedule, but nobody could have predicted how darn good the Big XII South would be this year.

I think if Texas had played OSU on a neutral field, they would have lost, btw.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:00 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,147,243 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be giving up on Texas just yet. Tech still has to play Oklahoma and Oklahoma St, so you still have a pretty good shot at the south title because you have beat Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. You're still gonna be high on the best 1 loss team lists and just look at last November with all the upsetst. Lots of football to be played. Also I wouldn't rule against the Big 12 getting two into the BCS.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
I wouldn't be giving up on Texas just yet. Tech still has to play Oklahoma and Oklahoma St, so you still have a pretty good shot at the south title because you have beat Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. You're still gonna be high on the best 1 loss team lists and just look at last November with all the upsetst. Lots of football to be played. Also I wouldn't rule against the Big 12 getting two into the BCS.

I wanted to stay at #1 and play for a national championship, now it's just a big let down. I didn't think we would be where we were before the season started. I'm still looking at scenarios where Texas can get back in however unlikely it is.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:13 PM

New AP Poll is out and I am surprised. I think Tech and Bama will have a loss before the end of the season. My bet is Floirda vs Penn St for the National Championship.

1 Alabama
2 Texas Tech
3 Penn St
4 Florida
5 Texas
6 Oklahoma
7 USC
8 Oklahoma St
9 Boise St
10 Utah

Old 11-02-2008, 03:23 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
I'd be shocked if Tech can pull off wins both at home against Oklahoma State and at Norman against OU. But hey, anything can happen. If they can, I wonder if they'd make it in the top two of BCS to go to the national championship game.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:43 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Guns up baby. How sweet it is. Tech has a tough two games to go, but if they play like they did against Texas, they will win out and destroy Penn State in the national title game. Absolutely whipped the longhorns in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I'd be ashamed if I was a Texas lineman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football