Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:38 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
the jury is still out on this year. texas could drop the rest of their games. florida could drop the rest of their games. you arbitrarily calling every big 12 game the game of the year is just silly. you know what? the big 12, and the SEC have an 0-0 record in BCS games this year. that's the reality of it. you claim I am citing the past, but you are trying to predict the future.
Everyone except you is able to recognize that the Big XII has had the biggest games out of the conferences. I am siting the right now, look at all the posts you would think that when 99% of people say the Big XII is better than the SEC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
thank god for the penn state loss. the big 10 kept embarrassing themselves year after year. I think that conference has some retooling to do.

Correct me if Im wrong but was it not Michigan a Big Ten school who beat Florida in the Capital One bowl last year? 41-35 I think was the score?

Old 11-11-2008, 02:43 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
florida sucked last year. they had like 4-5 losses. no defense. what's your point? the year before that the gators were more balanced. they won the NC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Correct me if Im wrong but was it not Michigan a Big Ten school who beat Florida in the Capital One bowl last year? 41-35 I think was the score?

Old 11-11-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
florida sucked last year. they had like 4-5 losses. no defense. what's your point? the year before that the gators were more balanced. they won the NC.

Well Since 2003 your Gators are 2-3 in Bowl games, not very impressive. To save you the time Texas is 4-1. Hmmmm

Old 11-11-2008, 02:48 PM

we can continue to debate a moot point if you would like. they are big games to you, but seriously, texas tech football? I mean, really? auburn sucks this year but the iron bowl is still 10x any game texas tech has played in this year. how bad did it hurt to watch the longhorns get beat in front of a crowd of about 55,000? I mean really, 55,000? I saw a bigger crowd than that at a mccain/palin rally in harlem.

Quote:
Everyone except you is able to recognize that the Big XII has had the biggest games out of the conferences. I am siting the right now, look at all the posts you would think that when 99% of people say the Big XII is better than the SEC.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:49 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
No team has been more pathetic in recent major bowl games than Oklahoma. It is a good thing Ohio State has taken attention away from the Sooners, because they have been AWFUL the past 5 years.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:51 PM

I didn't need the time thanks. again, they aren't my gators. I don't coach for them. I like when they do well, yet W-L's have no affect on my emotional state. you know what is impressive about the gators? their dominance for an entire year and a half. 2 bball chompionships, and a national chompionship.

CHOMP CHOMP.

Quote:
Well Since 2003 your Gators are 2-3 in Bowl games, not very impressive. To save you the time Texas is 4-1. Hmmmm

Old 11-11-2008, 02:55 PM

what are you talking about? was it the thrashing that USC gave them? was it the embarrassment of losing to a mid major? was it getting crushed by a big east team? it wouldn't be so embarrassing if they weren't the conference champs. I would rather lose in the sun bowl to a team from the sun belt conference, than to lose in a BCS bowl. the BCS bowls are supposed to be for good teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
No team has been more pathetic in recent major bowl games than Oklahoma. It is a good thing Ohio State has taken attention away from the Sooners, because they have been AWFUL the past 5 years.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
we can continue to debate a moot point if you would like. they are big games to you, but seriously, texas tech football? I mean, really? auburn sucks this year but the iron bowl is still 10x any game texas tech has played in this year. how bad did it hurt to watch the longhorns get beat in front of a crowd of about 55,000? I mean really, 55,000? I saw a bigger crowd than that at a mccain/palin rally in harlem.

Hey I wont get into the seeing the fans because I HATE Tech fans. However they do have a small stadium. Florida largest crowd ever to go to The Swamp, was 90,716 vs Tennessee in 2005.

Likewise, Darrell K Royal, largest crowd was this season with 98,518 beating the previous record of 98,383 from the week before.

Also 92,182 fans showed up for the Red River Rivalry

As to the Big XII having some of the biggest games of the year. Texas vs Texas Tech was the highest rated thing on TV with 10 million people watching. When Florida played LSU they got 6 million viewers, so I would say thats a pretty nice statement as to who has really had a game of the year. I can only imagine if Texas vs OU was played in primetime the numbers it would have gotten.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 PM

no one has worse fans than ohio state. I might hate VA tech fans more because I hate VA tech, but ohio state fans are the worst.

Quote:
Hey I wont get into the seeing the fans because I HATE Tech fans. However they do have a small stadium. Florida largest crowd ever to go to The Swamp, was 90,716 vs Tennessee in 2005.

Likewise, Darrell K Royal, largest crowd was this season with 98,518 beating the previous record of 98,383 from the week before.

Also 92,182 fans showed up for the Red River Rivalry

As to the Big XII having some of the biggest games of the year. Texas vs Texas Tech was the highest rated thing on TV with 10 million people watching. When Florida played LSU they got 6 million viewers, so I would say thats a pretty nice statement as to who has really had a game of the year. I can only imagine if Texas vs OU was played in primetime the numbers it would have gotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football