Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 03:21 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

too bad they put it to really bad rap music. so many good rappers to chose from, and they choose the garbage! I still think that the best high school highlight video was noel devine. goes to WVU now. maybe sam mcguffie for all those guys he hurdled. he's sucked for michigan so far though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, Jaquizz Rogers out of Texas. Oregon got a back last year who is small but very quick. He will be very similar to Rogers.

LaMichael James

YouTube - Lamichael James New Highlight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 03:23 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
This is about the first good thing they have done all year...boy do I miss the days of Dick Sheridan and Jimmy V...sigh...best times of my life...
Well we did beat ECU in an exciting finish. Too bad I'm too young to remember Valvano and Sheridan.

Someday, maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle and win a championship.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:32 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
too bad they put it to really bad rap music. so many good rappers to chose from, and they choose the garbage! I still think that the best high school highlight video was noel devine. goes to WVU now. maybe sam mcguffie for all those guys he hurdled. he's sucked for michigan so far though.
I fully agree on the music. A few weeks back there was a video either you posted or someone else showing Hines Ward laying out Rivers from SC and it had a hip hop track on it (I'm too lazy to link it). Well, I mentioned I thought it was Jedi Mind Tricks in the background, well, it was and it was off their "Violent By Design" album

Old 11-09-2008, 03:38 PM

Here is the best highlight vid I've ever seen. i hope he will go to Oregon. He is from Los Alamitos in Cali.

The next Duck star running back...Reggie Bush ain't got nothin' on this kid.

YouTube - Cody Paul #5

Old 11-09-2008, 03:59 PM

I posted that. ward is a tough blocker. the only good rap is the rap that isn't on the radio. atmosphere, zion i, living legends, ultramagnetic, ect.

Quote:
I fully agree on the music. A few weeks back there was a video either you posted or someone else showing Hines Ward laying out Rivers from SC and it had a hip hop track on it (I'm too lazy to link it). Well, I mentioned I thought it was Jedi Mind Tricks in the background, well, it was and it was off their "Violent By Design" album

Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM

here is mcguffie's. not as good as devine's but has a decent rap song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s

Quote:
Here is the best highlight vid I've ever seen. i hope he will go to Oregon. He is from Los Alamitos in Cali.

The next Duck star running back...Reggie Bush ain't got nothin' on this kid.

YouTube - Cody Paul #5

Old 11-09-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I posted that. ward is a tough blocker. the only good rap is the rap that isn't on the radio. atmosphere, zion i, living legends, ultramagnetic, ect.
Hey, now we finally agree on something. I'm going to the Murs show here in Austin in a few weeks. The next night, Digable Planets are playing and I plan to check that out. However, both are on weeknights and with me being a school teacher I may have to pick one only. 9 year olds can get a bit on one's nerves when you haven't slept enough.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:14 PM

holy crap. digable planets? I ordered blowout comb (the second less popular album) from columbia house. ahhh, memories. don't get a lot of stuff down here being a smaller city, but I have seen souls of mischief. saw them in DC too.

Quote:
Hey, now we finally agree on something. I'm going to the Murs show here in Austin in a few weeks. The next night, Digable Planets are playing and I plan to check that out. However, both are on weeknights and with me being a school teacher I may have to pick one only. 9 year olds can get a bit on one's nerves when you haven't slept enough.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
holy crap. digable planets? I ordered blowout comb (the second less popular album) from columbia house. ahhh, memories. don't get a lot of stuff down here being a smaller city, but I have seen souls of mischief. saw them in DC too.
I actually think Blowout Comb is the better of the two. Yeah, I heard rumors about a year ago they were thinking about getting back together. I know I'll go to that show, but Murs, I don't know. Columbia House, haha. I had the LP of Blowout Comb. I remember playing it on a cheap Yorx stereo system. Yeah, we were rollin' big time in my house.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:27 PM

not sure which was worse, yorx or GPX. that's like comparing mississippi state to arkansas. I have actually seen a lot of concerts, but now that I am a 32 year old "old man," I don't make it out as much. livin in DC I went once or twice a week.

Quote:
I actually think Blowout Comb is the better of the two. Yeah, I heard rumors about a year ago they were thinking about getting back together. I know I'll go to that show, but Murs, I don't know. Columbia House, haha. I had the LP of Blowout Comb. I remember playing it on a cheap Yorx stereo system. Yeah, we were rollin' big time in my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football