Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:40 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
we're all homers around here. I will respect the conference when they can shut out a team like baylor. if horrible teams don't respect the defenses, how can I? it looks like one of those teams will play one of the SEC teams barring something drastic happening. it will be the 12's first introduction to speed.
Is that like Florida shutting out Hawai'i? Oh wait, the Gators didn't. They gave up 10 to them. Dang, even Oregon State held the lil' ol' Rainbows to 7. Must mean the Pac-10 has better defense than the SEC. Chomp, chomp.

Baylor has a fantastic freshman QB, Robert Griffin, who set a freshman record for most completions without an int. I think Baylor would be able to beat Miss. State, Arkansas, Tennessee, and maybe even Auburn and Vandy.

Oh, and that Ole Miss team that beat y'all, they're qb'd by a Big XII reject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Is that like Florida shutting out Hawai'i? Oh wait, the Gators didn't. They gave up 10 to them. Dang, even Oregon State held the lil' ol' Rainbows to 7. Must mean the Pac-10 has better defense than the SEC. Chomp, chomp.

Baylor has a fantastic freshman QB, Robert Griffin, who set a freshman record for most completions without an int. I think Baylor would be able to beat Miss. State, Arkansas, Tennessee, and maybe even Auburn and Vandy.

Uh, the Gators hung 60 on Hawaii and when Hawaii finally did score it was in garbage time against the Gator's waterboys.

This year's Big XII is starting to look alot like The Big 10 a couple years ago when everyone was saying Michigan and Ohio State were the top two teams.

FYI, I'm a lowely Pac 10 fan, so I have no dog in this fight.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:50 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
the gators didn't shut them out. point? when you put the game away by halftime, you put in your backups. weren't you the one who was oh so impressed by UCLA beating TN at home in overtime? TN is horrible. everyone knows that the SEC is the leader in tradition, and it's where coaches want to coach. aren't you a lame ducks fan? good god. stick to defending your own team about their 3 losses. especially the most recent which was to a team that got destroyed by powerhouse maryland. hey, good 7 point victory over stanford! they must have had elway back for the game.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2008, 12:51 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
"Mine is bigger"
"No, mine is bigger"
"NO, MINE"
"NO, MINE"..................

Old 11-09-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Uh, the Gators hung 60 on Hawaii and when Hawaii finally did score it was in garbage time against the Gator's waterboys.

This year's Big XII is starting to look alot like The Big 10 a couple years ago when everyone was saying Michigan and Ohio State were the top two teams.

FYI, I'm a lowely Pac 10 fan, so I have no dog in this fight.
No, they put 56 against the waterboys. Hawai'i also shut out the Gators in the first quarter. Point is, Florida should only get respect when they shut out "horrible" teams like Hawai'i. I mean, that is what jmarquis said.

Oh, and I'm a Duck fan, so I certainly have no dog, er, duck in this fight.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:05 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
perhaps some of that defensive behavior can rub off on the longhorns. we all have zero knowledge of football. it's a game, and we are fans. if you had knowledge, you would be coaching in the NCAA. stop being so silly and defensive and talk smack back. I can give it out, and I can take it. feel free to call them the florida gaytors. I can take it. texas fans are actually known as being some of the most classless. granted, you are a distant second behind ohio state. I don't have an unbeatable defense. florida does. I am not a part of the team, and you are not a part of the longhorns. you are a fan. georgia barely beat kentucky, who destroyed louisville, who destroyed kansas state, who hung 550 yards on the sooners. lighten up. I think you take a game a little bit too seriously.
Wow the old Team 1 beats team 2 who beat team 3 who beat team 4, the most useless and dumbest argument there is was or ever will be. Should expect as much from a SEC fan

Old 11-09-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
the gators didn't shut them out. point? when you put the game away by halftime, you put in your backups. weren't you the one who was oh so impressed by UCLA beating TN at home in overtime? TN is horrible. everyone knows that the SEC is the leader in tradition, and it's where coaches want to coach. aren't you a lame ducks fan? good god. stick to defending your own team about their 3 losses. especially the most recent which was to a team that got destroyed by powerhouse maryland. hey, good 7 point victory over stanford! they must have had elway back for the game.
Well, you are right, the Ducks are definitely not a power like the Gators, but at least every once in a great, I mean, a great while, we can take care of business against chump teams like Michigan.

Oh, I wasn't too impressed with the fUCLA win, considering I'm a Tennessee alum. Oh, and we had to come back to win against that Stanford team so that makes it look even worse.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:08 PM

no, I am saying that giving up 550 yards to a horrible team is embarrassing. don't need to shut everyone out, but how about a few games when your opponent scores under 30.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:13 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Lets throw out Bama or Texas Tech and go with who should be higher in the polls, Texas or Florida. Florida loses at home to Ole Miss who is 5-4. Texas loses on the road to Texas Tech who was #5 in the polls at the time. Please Jmarquise give me a reason that makes sense as to who's lost was worse and what changed this week that showed Florida derserving to jump Texas when both teams won by pretty big margins.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:15 PM

you are a TN alum? tell me what you think of this. I think that they should hire lane kiffin.

Quote:
Well, you are right, the Ducks are definitely not a power like the Gators, but at least every once in a great, I mean, a great while, we can take care of business against chump teams like Michigan.

Oh, I wasn't too impressed with the fUCLA win, considering I'm a Tennessee alum. Oh, and we had to come back to win against that Stanford team so that makes it look even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football