Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:56 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Its not about hating teams who win, its just teams fans who win, thump their chests about it that its ridiculous, and when they lose, they can't handle it,start making excuses.

Its alright winning but no need to brag about it so much when you can't handle losing.
And by this I mean there have been one certain poster from Florida last year (not naming names, but it aint you thefinalsay) who was going off so much when they were winning, and when they lost to Ole Miss the excuses started flying, really gave them no credit.

And a few random SEC posters in general who just come in and chest thump, then when their team loses, the S*it hits the fan.

Other forums just make the fans look bad, and thats the general feel on those forums as well, city-data.com/forum doesn't have much of it at all compared to those other forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 05:45 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,444,722 times
Best: Michigan

Worst: Ohio State and Michigan State

This was written in stone at the dawn of mankind

GO BLUE!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:51 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Best: Michigan

Worst: Ohio State and Michigan State

This was written in stone at the dawn of mankind

GO BLUE!

I also have to add Notre Dame to your "worst" list. Can't stand them!!!!

GO BLUE!!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:44 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,060,996 times
Now I just need Nebraska to get back to the top.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:28 PM

189 posts, read 704,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The Penn State Nittany Lions...always a home sellout of over 106,000.....Plus the fans are loud, very loud....and before the game they tail gate for hours. I have been to games where the stadium "wave" goes on over a half hour. Obviviously the people who did the poll are somewhat skewed in their opinion...in my opinion. Believe me...the fans really know the game and the rules. I grant the stadium is kinda in the middle of "nowhere"...but so is the University.
I could not agree more with you, everything you said is 100% true. I could not believe that Michigan was in with the "best". Michigan fans are rude to other fans and this past season when the team was doing so bad they were just awful overall. At the games you could tell...most of them are only fair weather fans.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:52 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,444,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion11 View Post
I could not agree more with you, everything you said is 100% true. I could not believe that Michigan was in with the "best". Michigan fans are rude to other fans and this past season when the team was doing so bad they were just awful overall. At the games you could tell...most of them are only fair weather fans.
Congratulations! You have just won most ridiculous post ever!

Michigan fans were embarrassed last season and kept their mouths shut, knowing full well how far the program had fallen.

Fair weather fans? Well over 100,000 every week to watch the worst team in school history (3-9). Not to mention the Michigan faithful are the most knowledgable football fans in the world.

You want rude? How about the drunken Mich. St. fans that were cursing me up & down after last years game after I just happened to walk past their tent on the way back to my vehicle? How about the drunken and super obnoxious Ohio St. fan that crashed the Van Halen concert at Joe louis Arena a couple years ago and got his a$$ handed to him by practically an entire section of Michiganders?

All in for Michigan! LET'S GO BLUE!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,725,973 times
It was a pretty bush-league list. The blogger looks like he's never left the state of Texas.

I mean, his rationale is pretty compelling:

"A football hotbed grew in the middle of nowhere, and it’s a wonderful gameday atmosphere. The Mountaineer program will continue to excel no matter who is coaching them."

etc..

Old 07-17-2009, 12:56 AM

977 posts, read 1,955,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Congratulations! You have just won most ridiculous post ever! - FALSE, you have just exceeded it with this one.

Michigan fans were embarrassed last season - TRUE

and kept their mouths shut - FALSE

knowing full well how far the program had fallen. - FALSE

Fair weather fans - TRUE

Well over 100,000 every week to watch the worst team in school history (3-9). - Maybe so, but how many actually stuck around for the whole game? Let's put the over/under at 17.5. I'll take the under.

Not to mention the Michigan faithful are the most knowledgable football fans in the world. - FALSE, a thousand times over FALSE
That being said, USC, Ohio State, and most SEC fans are even worse.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:06 PM

4 posts, read 6,578 times
I know this list is a little outdated and probably rarely paid attention to anymore but I went to the Husker game up at Lane Stadium last week (Virginia Tech) and I have to say Virginia Tech has some classy fans. They started a respect campaign and so far it is working amazingly (at least they were wonderful to Husker fans). Other fans that went to that game have been flooding papers in Blacksburg with similar reports which have been posted throughout their editorials in support of the campaign. Some speculate the Hokie fans were so accommodating to us because they received similar treatment a year ago in Lincoln. But, from what I saw I believe their fans deserve a spot in the Top 10 best fans portion of the list. I really hope we schedule another series with Virginia Tech soon.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:59 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,818,241 times
Penn State fans are the worst, specifically the student section....rude, obnoxious, and vulgar. The student section turned their backs on Notre Dame's band the last time they played there and gave them the middle finger. Their chants at games usually involve F-bombs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football