Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:56 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Fitting with the class or lack there of from OU

I can only hope that Florida puts up 100 on OU to once again show OU doesn't win BCS games
Why not go for 60, if the defence can't stop it, its their own fault. Didn't Texas run up the score V A & M?

Old 12-06-2008, 09:36 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Why not go for 60, if the defence can't stop it, its their own fault. Didn't Texas run up the score V A & M?

You mean when the 2nd string offense was in the 4th quarter.

How about OU throwing into the end zone up by 20+ with 3 minutes left. OU and it's fans the definition of classless scumbags. Wether it be runing up the score, or being allowed to post comments on here after a thread is closed so other fans cant respond.

GO GATORS

Old 12-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
You mean when the 2nd string offense was in the 4th quarter.

How about OU throwing into the end zone up by 20+ with 3 minutes left. OU and it's fans the definition of classless scumbags. Wether it be runing up the score, or being allowed to post comments on here after a thread is closed so other fans cant respond.
GO GATORS
Doesn't matter what string offence it is. Many teams run up the score, not just OU.

Some Texas fans are really showing their true colours now.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter what string offence it is. Many teams run up the score, not just OU.

Some Texas fans are really showing their true colours now.

So your saying there is no difference between Texas 2nd string offense in the 4th quarter running the ball. While OU has it's starters in up by 20+ and throwing into the end zone? Are you serious?

It's called class, no style points need to be earned when all you need to do is win the game. OU has shown they have none tonight

Old 12-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
So your saying there is no difference between Texas 2nd string offense in the 4th quarter running the ball. While OU has it's starters in up by 20+ and throwing into the end zone? Are you serious?

It's called class, no style points need to be earned when all you need to do is win the game. OU has shown they have none tonight
Okay you've got me there but why wouldn't you run up the score, theres no point in disrupting your gameplan just because you've scored too many points and the other team can't defend it, I've seen countless teams doing it this season and on another forum there was even a fan saying how USC was running up the score up 34-0 in the 2nd Q.

I guess alot of the teams in Div 1A football are classless.

I mean if I were a coach I wouldn't simply 'give up' just because the other team can't play with you.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Okay you've got me there but why wouldn't you run up the score, theres no point in disrupting your gameplan just because you've scored too many points and the other team can't defend it, I've seen countless teams doing it this season and on another forum there was even a fan saying how USC was running up the score up 34-0 in the 2nd Q.

I guess alot of the teams in Div 1A football are classless.

I mean if I were a coach I wouldn't simply 'give up' just because the other team can't play with you.

I would site Texas vs Mizzu this season. Texas was up in the 4th and put in it's 2nd string. If there is nothing to be gained from winning by 20 why keep guys in there to win by 27 or 30+?

Old 12-06-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I would site Texas vs Mizzu this season. Texas was up in the 4th and put in it's 2nd string. If there is nothing to be gained from winning by 20 why keep guys in there to win by 27 or 30+?
Putting in your 2nd string is alright but I still think if you're up with enough time to play theres no point in just failing for the rest of the quarter.

Sure I don't know why you don't put your 2nd stringers in but theres nothing to gain in giving up either.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Putting in your 2nd string is alright but I still think if you're up with enough time to play theres no point in just failing for the rest of the quarter.

Sure I don't know why you don't put your 2nd stringers in but theres nothing to gain in giving up either.

Okay. Why would you keep your starting offense in the game and risking an injury to anyone, knowing your going to play a good Florida team?

Is it necessary to throw the ball up by 20+ with less than 4 minutes to go? Has class just gone out of style for people?

Old 12-06-2008, 10:18 PM

[quote=Packersnut21;6456385]Okay. Why would you keep your starting offense in the game and risking an injury to anyone, knowing your going to play a good Florida team?

Is it necessary to throw the ball up by 20+ with less than 4 minutes to go? Has class just gone out of style for people?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I don't konw why you would keep your starting offence in the game.

For the bolded part, for me I'd keep everything running how it would be as if it was a close game, your not going to play for a while, you've got to keep some rthym going but why play down to a team you are beating nicely.

You've done all the hard work, why should you have to alter your game because the other team can't stop yours.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 AM

Okay, we hear all the time about how great Demarco I only rushed for 7 yards vs Texas Murray is. You can hand the ball off to your best back? You have to throw the ball?

Does anyone think no other offense since Tulas in 1919 could score 60+ in 5 or more games? In 90+ year since then not one offense could do that? I think many could but they have the class to stop something Stoops has shown he does not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football