Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:28 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,602,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Fixed that for you.

Oh is Oregon our annual loss? Now I know what game not to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM

845 posts, read 1,788,369 times
Since someone already picked South Carolina, I will pick the Clemson Tigers, our other state team.

They bring back C.J. Spiller, but lost their QB, Cullen Harper, and have a committee of Will Korn (great recruit) and Kyle Parker (Tiger baseball star, but has a great arm). Either one doing well will clearly shape the Tigers season. If they don't do well, they'll struggle to win 7 games. If they do good, we might be talking about 9 or 10 wins (including bowl).

9/5: Middle Tennessee State (Easy win)
9/10: at Georgia Tech (Thursday night, ESPN, fans will be fired up, close loss)
9/19: Boston College (have had tough time with them, but will win this year)
9/26: Texas Christian (toss-up game, will give Tigers a huge test, but I'll give Clemson a close win)
10/3: at Maryland (another tough game, but win)
10/17: Wake Forest (Win)
10/24: at Miami (Loss)
10/31: Coastal Carolina (blowout win)
11/7: Florida State (Upset win)
11/14: at North Carolina State (Much improved team, NC State will beat them)
11/21: Virginia (win)
11/28: at South Carolina (loss, but could go either way, like Florida State, Virginia, or Wake)

8-4 will get them to the Gator Bowl, perhaps Chick-fil-A. Any slump by the QB could make it tough for them to get to 6-6 or 7-5.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,503,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Sooners Fan 1st, TU fan 2nd. I'm guessing from your screen name you are talking about the CCG against ECU? Man was that a rough day for Tulsa. We looked good in the GMAC Bowl against BG though

Yeah...and we looked horrible in the Liberty Bowl. But it seems pretty much every CUSA champ has the past few years.

I'm looking forward to this year, though.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:04 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,829,877 times
is ECU's QB back for his 17th season? I remember the good ole days with ECU. ECU will always be about jeff blake and co vs. NC state in the peach bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Yeah...and we looked horrible in the Liberty Bowl. But it seems pretty much every CUSA champ has the past few years.

I'm looking forward to this year, though.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:14 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,503,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
is ECU's QB back for his 17th season? I remember the good ole days with ECU. ECU will always be about jeff blake and co vs. NC state in the peach bowl.
I was a youngin then...didnt really keep up with them. But Ive seen a copy of that game. It was a classic.

As far as his 17th year...haha..it seems like it. Patrick Pinkney.

He's actually in his 6th year at ECU. He had to have shoulder surgery on the same arm twice and sat out pretty much his first two years. Not to mention the QB that started the 2 or so years before him was named James Pinkney (no relation).

We have an interesting OOC sched this year. (though that's one of the things people say about us and Fresno...we always schedule tough OOC because we are in the CUSA and they are in the WAC)

App State at home. The opener (could be tough...but used to be a yearly game wayyyy back in the day)
WVU in WV
VT at home (Thursday night ESPN game)
UNC in Chapel Hill.

That's one thing I love about that school. We may not get as much money as NCSU or UNC from the state...we dont get BCS money and we dont play in the best conference but the students, alumni and the town itself support the team as good as anyone.

We should be competitive (although we were last year as well until mid-season screwed us over) We have almost the entire 1st string coming back.

I dont expect Holtz to stay past this year if we do good again so we really need to get a top 25 or top 20 finish. We made it to the mid-teens last year but had a real bad three game stretch. I dont think we've finished in the Top 25 since my freshman or soph year when we beat TexTech in the bowl game.

You from around NC anywhere?

Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
that game was so long ago that it was played at fulton county stadium. I was pretty young for that game too, but I had an older brother in ECU at the time. I actually live in wilmington. I also might head up to greenville for that ECU vs tech game. my buddy down here went to tech, so naturally, I can't stand them. ECU will go bowling again. they rebounded well after chris johnson left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I was a youngin then...didnt really keep up with them. But Ive seen a copy of that game. It was a classic.

As far as his 17th year...haha..it seems like it. Patrick Pinkney.

He's actually in his 6th year at ECU. He had to have shoulder surgery on the same arm twice and sat out pretty much his first two years. Not to mention the QB that started the 2 or so years before him was named James Pinkney (no relation).

We have an interesting OOC sched this year. (though that's one of the things people say about us and Fresno...we always schedule tough OOC because we are in the CUSA and they are in the WAC)

App State at home. The opener (could be tough...but used to be a yearly game wayyyy back in the day)
WVU in WV
VT at home (Thursday night ESPN game)
UNC in Chapel Hill.

That's one thing I love about that school. We may not get as much money as NCSU or UNC from the state...we dont get BCS money and we dont play in the best conference but the students, alumni and the town itself support the team as good as anyone.

We should be competitive (although we were last year as well until mid-season screwed us over) We have almost the entire 1st string coming back.

I dont expect Holtz to stay past this year if we do good again so we really need to get a top 25 or top 20 finish. We made it to the mid-teens last year but had a real bad three game stretch. I dont think we've finished in the Top 25 since my freshman or soph year when we beat TexTech in the bowl game.

You from around NC anywhere?

Old 05-15-2009, 05:04 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,908,855 times
I predict that Texas Tech will finish its season.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,274,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
I predict that Texas Tech will finish its season.
I have September 19th circled on my calendar, aka payback.

HOOK'EM

Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM

I saw a preseason poll that had texas #2. I would circle the oklahoma game before the texas tech game. you get the red raiders at home, and without harrell and crabtree. the sooners are going to be looking for payback on a neutral field. although texas could be looking for payback for getting screwed out of a title shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post

HOOK'EM

Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,908,855 times
Quote:

HOOK'EM
Yeah a win in Austin is probably not in the cards for the Red Raiders this yr. Although, things do happen occasionally...I'll leave it at that.

I think nine wins (plus a bowl win) would be satisfactory for Tech, considering the losses on defense.

I think it's Pasadena or bust for your team.

Anyway, hopefully the Pack wins twelve or more games in the reg. season so that a playoff game will be played in subzero temps...those are cool to watch (on TV).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football