Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:27 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Um they have to play Nevada.

I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:22 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I rest my case.
We've got a good chance to take them down this year, if our pass defence steps up, then I'm confident as heck. Just hope we beat Notre Dame, man I hope we beat em.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:17 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
We've got a good chance to take them down this year, if our pass defence steps up, then I'm confident as heck. Just hope we beat Notre Dame, man I hope we beat em.
I was at the game last year or two years ago when UNR took them to triple OT. Nevada is a good solid WAC team.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I was at the game last year or two years ago when UNR took them to triple OT. Nevada is a good solid WAC team.
I think the WAC should be overall better than it was last year, surely it can't get any worse, hopefully when we come into play you guys in Boise, we come with a good season behind us, at least to the extend to people saying that the WAC has no competition in it.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:54 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
Hell Yeah!!! Kick Oregon's Pac 10 ass twice in a row. Who saw the that dude punch the other guy after the game. Sore losers.

PS I'm still drunk from last night.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Hell Yeah!!! Kick Oregon's Pac 10 ass twice in a row. Who saw the that dude punch the other guy after the game. Sore losers.

PS I'm still drunk from last night.
Wasn't the game I thought it would be but definantly the result I wanted in the end.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:33 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,450 times
Nevada needs to worry about beating New Mexico State.

Every year they try to pick someone to hang with Boise State, and every year that team gets slaughtered. Granted, of any team in the WAC Nevada has given Boise the biggest challenge. But take away a few lucky pick 6's last year and it's not close. And with our defense this year...? Please.

I worry about La Tech in the WAC and Fresno State more than Nevada. However, I will root for Nevada to roll undefeated until we meet up with them at the end of the year.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Nevada needs to worry about beating New Mexico State.

Every year they try to pick someone to hang with Boise State, and every year that team gets slaughtered. Granted, of any team in the WAC Nevada has given Boise the biggest challenge. But take away a few lucky pick 6's last year and it's not close. And with our defense this year...? Please.
I worry about La Tech in the WAC and Fresno State more than Nevada. However, I will root for Nevada to roll undefeated until we meet up with them at the end of the year.
We need to worry about beating Notre Dame, we'll hang with anyone but its our defence what loses us game.

Its funny, all the Boise fans say, oh take away those lucky picks 6's, but the fact is you threw them and that made the game close, thats that. No two ways about it.

Our pass defence is much improved this year and no dobut if we get it right, we'll challenge Boise State, and its good that you're worryed more about Fresno State and LA Tech. Because lets face it, the WAC ain't gana be as bad as last year.

I also hate how people say Boise State has no teams left, they've got what should be a good few little challneges left in the WAC, and it seems that only WAC fans relise that Boise State still have a little few hurdles leftl

Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,450 times
Well, Coach Pete worries about everyone, so don't think you're getting overlooked.

As a fan, however, I just think Nevada is overtrumped. CK can't hit a brick wall in the middle of the field (though if he did he's throw the ball right through it), so let's see if he can hit a receiver (speaking of which, who do you have left there)? I love your two backs and your Dline, but I think the rest of your team has a lot of holes.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Well, Coach Pete worries about everyone, so don't think you're getting overlooked.

As a fan, however, I just think Nevada is overtrumped. CK can't hit a brick wall in the middle of the field (though if he did he's throw the ball right through it), so let's see if he can hit a receiver (speaking of which, who do you have left there)? I love your two backs and your Dline, but I think the rest of your team has a lot of holes.
Kaep has improved greatly in his passing game during the summer. Granted he's no Kellen Moore in terms of passing, he should improve this year. 75% of our receptions last year we're from players who are now gone, but have suitable replacements. It will be a question mark on the Notre Dame game but if we get our secondary sorted, I'm extremely confident.

Wolfpack fans see this team as one of the best in years, we just hope that we play well enough, that when we come to Boise State, we come as a good team, not the team that people portray a typical WAC to be.

Luckily we have LA Tech at home though. I don't see many teams getting past your defence though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football